• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
for dash attack

after 50 on fox
after 60 on falco
after 70 on marth/peach/sheik

and then i don't know

on spacies you have nothing guaranteed although it's easy to react and d-smash if you wd with their di and then follow correctly. not much damage but if you like being safe it's good.

u-smash can cover 3/4 tech options but it's really hard to time/space.

u-throw can link to u-tilt at like 70-80ish somewhere in that range on fox. falco i don't know.

Cia

das kwl
there's a match of me and doyoung vs eggm and jman in grand finals.

so I went sheik, and gimped eggm sooooo effing hard, he said he'd rather have gotten rested, lmao. it was hilarious :chuckle:
------------------------------------

also, teco, lets record matches soon. I'm seriously about to stop taking melee seriously and I want some videos to immortalize me.. lol (I'm gonna get ***** tho)

soap

Smash Hero
i just played like 4 hours of straight melee at my friends place, still my favorite video game by far.

Tec u goin to kansas? im not ill be goin to momos in cbus that weekend though, i heard forward was coming too for some reason

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol

yesterday after the brawl tournament (lol i like brawl get at me), I realized that the next two tournaments coming up for me were all melee so i might as well get some practice in, i started with eggm. keep in mind i hadn't played melee in two weeks

game 1 i 2 stocked him (FoD)
game 2 he 4 stocked me (FD)

and then he beat me pretty consistently from then on

that's my sheik story. i shall hyperbolic time train in the next two weeks and defeat eggmasterflex

Cia

das kwl
lol

yesterday after the brawl tournament (lol i like brawl get at me), I realized that the next two tournaments coming up for me were all melee so i might as well get some practice in, i started with eggm. keep in mind i hadn't played melee in two weeks

game 1 i 2 stocked him (FoD)
game 2 he 4 stocked me (FD)

and then he beat me pretty consistently from then on

that's my sheik story. i shall hyperbolic time train in the next two weeks and defeat eggmasterflex
yeah eggm beats my sheik all the time too <_<.. the only sheik that ***** his falco consistantly is teczero.

teczero plays so gay.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
yeah eggm beats my sheik all the time too <_<.. the only sheik that ***** his falco consistantly is teczero.

teczero plays so gay.
Propaganda.

I don't **** his falco I can beat it though :laugh:

Vanz - :( well we should definitely play >_> one weekend me, you, crismas and someone else hopefully should all play MELEEEEEEE :)

Soap - I really don't travel too much cuz of school I usually try to use one of my weekend days for studying :(. I want to attend some melee tourney in december I forgot what the name was but I would love to try and go there :)

Kirbykaze- Me want your sheik vidz ;).

Dazwa - Me and you should conspire to **** eggmaster's falco :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I got matches of me vs RaynEX and Sliq yesterday they should be up sometime next week or the week after.

Sliq 3-0ed me :( All games were close but blargh he's too good :(

Also, just for curiosity, how do you fight Fox on Green Greens with Sheik? My usual ban vs Fox is FD or Pokemon Stadium (usually FD but sometimes Stadium) and then I try to just win game 1 but when I don't win round 1 and get taken to Green Greens round 3 I don't know what to do. Other than going behind blocks and stuff when you recover and trying to gimp him as much as possible, I'm not sure how you compete vs Fox there. He just seems to have so much killing power. And the lasers + shine combos are brutal. Normally I don't care if I get hit by drillshine --> U-smash because I sort of accept that it'll happen if the Fox is good but on Green Greens getting hit is so bad it's like half your stock goes in one hit.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
>_> Fighting Fox on green greens is an invitation to play gay T_T.

Anyway thats what you have to do. Play really gay truthfully, fox can do TONS of stuff on that stage. He can camp very effectively, kill very effectively and if thats not bad enough he can infinite you against the blocks T_T.

You have to play very careful and f-tilt against his aerials and play platform games.

Personally I don't try to play very gimpy on this stage. It usually ends up becoming a campfest anyway its not worth it. I usually go for dash attack -> fair KOs and if they approach bad f-tilt -> fair.

Thats pretty much the entire game imo. Its 100% totally disadvantageous for you :( if you can, go fox T_T.

I also up-tilt fox under the platforms if you can catch them in the act I mean. It nips them and it forces a roll/jump. Which puts you in sort of an advantage....... maybe an up-air combo? If you're careful I mean.

EDIT: Make sure you take advantage of the small stage though. Tech chasing is easier, you should **** when you are given the opportunity. Use upsmash if you're sure you can land it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Usually most of my game on Green Greens vs Fox centers around tossing him onto the platforms with U-throw (after about 20; before 20 it's all D-throw tech chase and try to regrab as much as possible) and then chasing with U-tilt, Uair, or basically anything that will possibly let me keep up with his monstrous damage output and let me get him onto one of the side platforms so I can pressure him and, hopefully, get a stupid low % kill from a Dash Attack --> Fair at around 40 and then some bull**** Sheik edgeguard.

I find myself doing Up+B stall a lot when I'm ahead in stocks. I don't normally like doing the Up+B stall except to regain invincibility so I can do the invincible ledgedash to the middle of the stage to get my footing back but on Green Greens if I can force him to the side it's small so tech chasing from d-throw is easier than usual and then gimps are also possible but then I get U-throw Baired at 70 and die from it and then I feel depressed that Fox's repertoire of counterpicks is so vast and horrifying.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah pretty much what me and you just said is nearly everything you can do vs fox on that gay stage.

Fox's stage advantages are stupid. He has SO many good stage options. I think he can compete with peach at good CPing stage selections :(.

But yea...... his monstrous ability to KO at relatively mid percents on that stage is pretty depressing T_T.

Like fox didn't have enough of an advantage :(.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Teczero, should I just learn Falco and use him against Fox (and Sheik; I hate the Sheik ditto) instead and then use Sheik against everything else?
Well IMO you should learn Fox.

Falco vs fox isn't in falco's favor anyway imo. Learning the fox ditto is probably a better idea.

Although thats what I do personally. I use fox for some foxes, gay CP stages, some falcos, CF, and doubles.

And I use sheik for everything else.

Falco isn't necessarily a bad idea just he has some bad matches that fox goes even with or has an advantage on.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I see.

I'm sort of iffy about going Fox because the last time I did Fox ditto in tourney Jman 3-stocked me on Rainbow Cruise LOL but I guess I'll just have to work on my Fox ditto game.

I was thinking Falco mostly because I still think Falco > Fox but Fox is probably better to have because of counterpicks and being stupidly good in teams so maybe.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I see.

I'm sort of iffy about going Fox because the last time I did Fox ditto in tourney Jman 3-stocked me on Rainbow Cruise LOL but I guess I'll just have to work on my Fox ditto game.

I was thinking Falco mostly because I still think Falco > Fox but Fox is probably better to have because of counterpicks and being stupidly good in teams so maybe.
Don't let that get to you.

Jman plays Cactuar and m2k in fox dittos a lot or used to play m2k a lot :(.

His fox is ridiculously solid he places really high really consistently too :(.

IMO falco goes relatively even with fox. I think fox has an advantage on some platform stages >_>.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Eh I'll work on Fox then.

I use him sometimes vs Jigglypuffs I know that are better than me and Falcon sometimes when I feel like I can't space with Sheik so this shouldn't be a big adjustment >_>

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
Tec, if you can beat Eggm... any tips vs Falcos? I always nair out of shield when they pillar it(after the shine lol). I still have trouble in the matchup though. I'm pretty good at bthrow>they're dead. The problem is getting in that grab, it's so hard.

soap

Smash Hero
i was talking to drew about fox on green greens and he said he ***** that level, he told me he FOUR-stocked chillin on his green greens counterpick, and i remember him beating azens fox on green greens in the finals at some C3 a while back

i was like wtf how? basically he just chills on one of those little islands on the sides and just techchases for stocks

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well....

A large reason I can beat Eggm a few games is because I can powershield his SHL when I need to.

A couple of my grabs come from run powershield laser grab.

Other times I usually don't go for grabs. I go for hits that knock people down then chase for the grab.

The hits usually come from dash attack (Under SHL), retreat f-air (If you predict d-air), or b-air (If you can catch him shielding).

I wouldn't recommend using dash attack until he gets around 40-50% though.

I n-air OOS occasionally too after the shine and run away. But since Eggm is usually frame perfect with his d-air shine, and multi-shining I usually try not to. It usually gets me hit.

Using needles isn't bad either but always use more than one (Unless you're edgeguarding of course) because the first needle will get hit by a laser and the rest go through.

EDIT: Wow at Drew O_O.

soap

Smash Hero
oh "OUt of Shield" i thought u meant u nair "OUt of state" for a sec, like u only nair in some states against falcos that arent too techy

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Well, I'm operating under the hope that I'm in the lead. Which, admittedly, makes the plan automatically less viable from the get-go.

I guess more accurately I mean to say "If I ever get the lead against a good Fox, which will probably not happen often, I will steal and attempt to abuse that strategy as much as possible".

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
Green Greens is horrible. :(

Tec, how'd you practice ps'ing? I can do it sometimes, but it'll usually be randomly when they're far away from me. I do it a couple times a match when they approach me (and I'm just like chillin' in my shield or something) with a laser... then I ps>grab. Thanks for all your help Tec.

Cia

das kwl
****.. as gay as my counterpicks are, I never thought to take a fox to green greens w/ sheik.. I'm gonna try it tho.

also, what's stopping the fox just going to the other side of the stage > standing laser?? lolz

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Green Greens is horrible. :(

Tec, how'd you practice ps'ing? I can do it sometimes, but it'll usually be randomly when they're far away from me. I do it a couple times a match when they approach me (and I'm just like chillin' in my shield or something) with a laser... then I ps>grab. Thanks for all your help Tec.
LOL honestly I haven't even practiced PSing LOL. m2k showed me that running then shielding for some reason makes it easier to PS. Magus has some info on it cuz he PSes like a monster. Try running and trying it. For some reason I get it a lot doing that *shrugs*

****.. as gay as my counterpicks are, I never thought to take a fox to green greens w/ sheik.. I'm gonna try it tho.

also, what's stopping the fox just going to the other side of the stage > standing laser?? lolz
There is absolutely nothing to stop fox doing that. Its abysmally bad on that stage :(.

Soap - I'll make sure to check them out anyway ;)

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
Tec0- Liesss. I just watched all the Falco vs Sheik matches (there were like 3 from January this year). I saw 0 powershields. Is this something you just started doing? If so, put vids up scrub, haha.

Top Bottom