• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
i once had a friend that 100$ mm a competitive player. This was when he thought the was the best player in the world, and didnt know that a competitve scene existed

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well I'm pretty sure I can safely say I was in the competitive scene when Brawl wasn't here.

I never mm though its just something weird >_> I always wanted to do some but I always get scared to dunno why.

In any case salad you live in NYC thats not terrible far away from where I live so maybe we can do our mm although I am poor I definitely can't do it for a 100 dollars T_T.

CHiCKeN SaLaD

Smash Rookie
Well I'm pretty sure I can safely say I was in the competitive scene when Brawl wasn't here.

I never mm though its just something weird >_> I always wanted to do some but I always get scared to dunno why.

In any case salad you live in NYC thats not terrible far away from where I live so maybe we can do our mm although I am poor I definitely can't do it for a 100 dollars T_T.
sure

im actually very competative and one of the best in NY (prolly the best since pc chris doesnt play). and you know me, i've been to your house. and i was kinda tutoring your brother in math

(ssssssshh. its a secret, but i'm just havin a little fun)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I just thought the video was funny, honestly. I don't really know any smashers well enough to hate them.

soap

Smash Hero
hugs is really good against sheik, lukily i got to play him at pound, hes like psychic with those shield pressure dtilts. jab, jab, delay, jab, long delay....dtilt, right when i try to jump

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
question.

if you sh needle (say on yoshi's) and land on the platform, you get a needle cancel and they get hit by a needle.

is it possible to isai drop a platform canceled nair from that needle cancel to stay on the platform for a weirder follow-throw?

soap

Smash Hero
ya, its possible, but its generally safer to fall through with an uair/fair/nair cuz the needle doesnt technically "combo" (i.e. not enough stun) and they can get their shield up sometimes, but it works by surprise cuz its in such quik succesion

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
From mirage_drag0n's guide...

Down Throw – Ground Slam
Damage – 8%
Sheik’s second best move which should be used as much as possible. The down throw is a great setup for any of her attacks. It can also be use to chain throw half of the characters in the game.

Here is a list of who can/can’t be chain thrown:

Dr. Mario – Can’t
Mario – Can’t
Luigi – Can’t
Bowser – Can
Peach – Can’t
Yoshi – Can
Donkey Kong – Can’t
Captain Falcon – Can’t
Ganondorf – Can
Falco – Can’t
Fox – Can’t
Ness – Can
Ice Climbers – Can’t
Kirby – Can’t
Samus – Can’t
Zelda – Can’t
Sheik – Can
Link – Can
Young Link – Can
Pichu – Can
Pikachu – Can
Jigglypuff – Can’t
Mewtwo – Can’t
Mr. Game & Watch – Can
Marth – Can’t
Roy – Can

There're some numbers in Plairnkk's guide... but they're a little unclear, I'll see what else I can find.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
the few times i've gone back to play melee with friends, i can't get back into sheik, who was my main =(

for some reason my character order is like

falco>fox>sheik>marth

when it was originally

sheik>marth>falco>fox

brawl does weird stuff to ya, man.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
the few times i've gone back to play melee with friends, i can't get back into sheik, who was my main =(

for some reason my character order is like

falco>fox>sheik>marth

when it was originally

sheik>marth>falco>fox

brawl does weird stuff to ya, man.
omg it is weird.

I dunno why either to me her jump feels so high all of the sudden.

I play Peach>CF>Fox>Sheik now

Weird......

Cia

das kwl
LOL

I used to be Peach > Young Link > Donkey Kong > Sheik

now I'm Jigglypuff > Sheik > Fox > Young Link

Brawl may have actually made me play better chars :laugh:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sheik kirby fox marth

the kirby is somewhat obscure in that list.

also, thanks for information soap.

also, is it practical to edgecancel needles into fairs/more needles/bair on pokemon stadium (and wherever else it works)? i've been screwing around lately and edgecancelled needles seem pretty cool... but iunno how useful they look.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Falcon, Falco, Fox, Marth/Sheik.

I main Marth and Sheik but they're not that interesting to play as.

Top Bottom