• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Boards combo vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Yo to all of the Sheik users. Hey has anyone seen what the Ness boards are doing? That's right, they are making a group combo video. -_- So why can't us Sheiks do that?

IMO... there aren't enough Sheik combo video's out there, and the only good one is Gimpyfishs'. -_- So yeah... we need more Sheik stuff.
I would make one of me, but I don't have enough replays. All I have are like 20 combo video worthy replays. In other words... maybe a minute and a half of vid. So, this is why I am here. To ask you all if ya wanna put all of our replays together and make one big ole combo vid?

Now I can't make one as of right now. I am to busy making one for my clan. However, I can record anyones data and send it to who ever wants to do it.
However, if no one volunteers by May then I will do it.

Well, discuss!

*edit*

Well, I have decided to take on this project.

Now since I am doing a combo vid right now I know what needs discussed. I need the following questions answered:

#1 What music should we use?
Now this is by far THE MOST IMPORTANT IMO. A vid can have awsome replays in it and still suck. So I need music ideas.

#2 The name of the vid is also important. I say it should be "Sheikah Tribe." Not only is that where Sheik comes from but it also gives a group feeling to the name with the word "Tribe" in it.

#3 How should we define people? Should we have words at the bottom of the screen telling who is the player, or should we just keep it blank?
I say we should have our names on it for show off purposes. I know I will want viewers to know who is me.

#4 How long should the video be?

#5 How should we open and close the video?

Well... that would be all of the information that needs answering.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol wow i can make a good combo vid after like 2 or 3 days of footage. i have crazy stuff in all my sheik matches

but i hardly ever record =\

if i had replays and stuff, could i send em to you through the wii?

saviorslegacy

Well... if no one steps up to do it with in a month.... then I'll do it.

ps Who all have capture cards? I can do a few people through SSBB replays sent to my console. However, it would be nice if others would take part of the load and e-mail me replays of themselves and people that they have exchanged Wii codes with. (That is if I will be doing it.)

In any case... better start replaying people. ;)

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I have a capture card. All my videos are up on my youtube account [click a vid in the critique and archive thread, and look at my profile.] I don't think anything I have is worthy of a combo video, but if anyone believes different I'll add it. If someone needs stuff captured send it my way

P.S. Marsulas, I got my wii back from Nintendo. We should try and see if the FC's register so you can finally send me those vids to be recorded.

saviorslegacy

#1 If I do make this combo vid. Would you help East? (Getting clips to me.)

#2 Nah... they don't have to be a true combo to be in a combo video. (When you think about it... true combo's would suck.) coughGonzoF-TiltLockcough
They just have to look nice.

ie In the vid that I am making now I have a "combo" (not really) of me getting a Falco. He tried to recover and I knocked him into the stage with Bair. I then jump and used Vanish. When Fire Bird reached me he met an explosion and was stage spiked diagnal. It looks pretty epic, and that is what we want... epicness.

#3 To Ankoku:
Ah brighten up sun shine! It is a beautiful day (looks outside.... spring showers -_-).

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I want to be in on this but I don't have any footage of myself at all lol, nor can I get any unless I get a capture card. How much do they run these days?

saviorslegacy

I want to be in on this but I don't have any footage of myself at all lol, nor can I get any unless I get a capture card. How much do they run these days?
Meh... I'll do it. The more people that support this the more a want to do it. However, I will not start for about a month. As I have said many times. I am currently working on a combo vid, and two at the same time wont turn out very well me thinks. -_- So yeah... You can count on May though.

Mine cost 50$ (and that is cheap actually.) You can get them lower than that but they will be crappy. -_- There are also like 200$ ones.

However... you don't really need one. East and I (hopefully more people will help) will be taking replays from everyone (unless they have a capture card and they e-mail me the footage). All you got to do is ask one of us.

To the you no havin replays:
You have a month to get those replays. Surely you can wip something up.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
haha, ledge drop to raising fair, into nair, into dacus because he failed to tech....

Odds are not a true combo but still **** sexy.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to get some recordings of tricks and what not. Perhaps I'll team up with Champ and him and I can try to get some clips for people. I'll hit him up.

saviorslegacy

kk... glad everyone supports this. (Except Ankuko)

Thanks Voyeur.

Alright Speed, I'll remember that and hit you up if I need any help.

Tristan_win

Not dead.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Just in case anyone doesn't already know about it, OverClocked Remix is a really great community that deals with remixing all sorts of video game themes. All of the music there is free.

For the sake of convenience, all of the remixes for Ocarina of Time can be found here; however, I recommend looking around. OC Remix has a ton of really good, varied music.

I'm not sure what mood/genre/tempo/etc you are looking for, but OCR has an immense amount of variety so hopefully you can find something suitable.

saviorslegacy

I'm sorry, but the music HAS to be the Ninja Rap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXjynpy8Ew

I am a Ninja, you know what I mean,
All dressed up in black, so that I can't be seen,
My rapping is sweet dude, my moves are obscene,
I'm just like Donatello minus the green (and the shell),
Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja NINJA
Already used in a SSBM Sheik combo vid. (I lold hard when I heard that song with Sheik.)

Um... as far as what I am looking for in music and tempo.

I want the music to compliment Sheiks grace. I don't want like a hard metal that makes her look all punk. A rock would be nice, but not a metal.
Besides... who here thinks that Sheik looks like she dances in a fight? I think she looks like she does. So yeah... grace is what I want to capture. However, I don't want it to look to graceful, so I will need some sharp sounds in the music. So I believe a Gerudo Valley remix would be PWN. Alao... Sheiks theme= credits (now we have that over with)

Anyone agree or disagree on the above?

*edit*

I know how to put a members name at the bottom of a clip while it's playing. I plan on doing this. Do you guys like this as well?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sounds good saviorslegacy I hope we can have that... oh and if anyone want a video from youtube then just ask. I can download the videos off of it then we could just separate the music from the picture before adding it to the combo video

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
For my sheik montage, Im going to be using is Chaos Japan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iebaRgctzM
Its a bit short for a community video though, its only a minute and a half long ( ADD certified ) But Im actually going to edit the song, and make a 2 min version.

Another song I have been considering is End of all hope, by... Im not sure :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bJFrLxUTek
There are some parts in this song that I think could really compliment sheik... Others?
But thats what editing is for :p

Neither of these are really zelda songs... but who knows.

I think we should have peoples name in the video, as well as in the description etc.

Since its a community montage, It should probably be longer than 3 min.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Another song I have been considering is End of all hope, by... Im not sure :o

I think we should have peoples name in the video, as well as in the description etc.

Since its a community montage, It should probably be longer than 3 min.
The song is by Nightwish btw.

I agree with having peoples names in the video.

I think it would be sweet to have the song be Flyaway by Back-On, but I'm a J-rock fanboy, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8S3pVWXZrg

I should have some more vids up soon. Idk how many have any video potential, but I'll put them here or do something with them when I can.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lucas is so overlooked.
We did this back in December lol. We may have started something haha. Good Luck on the vid! looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom