• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Considering the fact Nintendo trusted them to do a remake of the first two Advance Wars titles, I get the feeling the tweet is just a biased one against Wayforward in particular.
True. Not sure about WayForward is desperate about Shantae in Smash for spamming emails towards the fans and people but yeah, that tweet is I guess one of those negative thoughts or opinions.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I mean....who F****** cares? **** that dude and his swaying of the narrative "Apparently they did this thing and you should feel disgusted about it."

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I mean....who F****** cares? **** that dude and his swaying of the narrative "Apparently they did this thing and you should feel disgusted about it."
Yeah. I just don’t know about this case. I was just curious about sending a reply about any of you guys’s thoughts is all

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Considering the fact Nintendo trusted them to do a remake of the first two Advance Wars titles, I get the feeling the tweet is just a biased one against Wayforward in particular.
Yeah and frankly, I see nothing wrong with somebody telling gamers to vote for their character. They're not holding you at gunpoint lol

Dukefire

Smash Master
Wayforward back then just wanted to encourage people to vote for her, not like a FORCED method out of desperation. Again, the internet always can twist the truth to appear into something else.
Screenshot_20210622-013415_YouTube.jpg

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I really have to apologise to any of you Shantae and Smash fans but Matthew Graphids tweeted about 6 years ago, it seems WayForward (desperately possibly) want Shantae in Smash for sending emails to us fans and people for their Kickstarter. I don’t how they re now after everything. I……I don’t know what to say. Any thoughts?https://twitter.com/MatttGFX/status/1408378172199026688
As someone who supported HGH on Kickstarter... Yeah this sounds like total bunk to me, never received squat about this. No proof, never heard this anecdote before, just sounds like someone making it up. I think MAYBE there was a single post about it on their Kickstarter which was just the tweet with that “make the wish come true” picture... but EVERYONE was making those back in the Smash ballot days.

Not to mention his whole post is ABOUT discourse yet he’s going around trying to stir up more discourse, it’s just an idiot trying to sling mud at anything he can until he gets attention. Don’t bother.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We got three days until Kazuya's content and his release date will be revealed.

Of course, don't expect more announcements in the Sakurai Presents video as Nintendo has stated the contents already.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
We got three days until Kazuya's content and his release date will be revealed.

Of course, don't expect more announcements in the Sakurai Presents video as Nintendo has stated the contents already.
Well, aside from Mii Fighter costume announcements.

And with v.12.0.0 already getting announced this morning, I’d say that release date is almost certainly going to be later that day.

Dukefire

Smash Master

And with v.12.0.0 already getting announced this morning, I’d say that release date is almost certainly going to be later that day.
I didn't know the update was already released.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know the update was already released.
Oh no, it’s not released. It was ANNOUNCED this morning, which usually means it’s going live in a few days. And in a few days is when Kazuya’s trailer drops so I just made an inference.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh no, it’s not released. It was ANNOUNCED this morning, which usually means it’s going live in a few days. And in a few days is when Kazuya’s trailer drops so I just made an inference.
Well, I can guess that the release date might be later in the week like either Thursday or Friday. If not, 1 week or 2 later.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
As someone who supported HGH on Kickstarter... Yeah this sounds like total bunk to me, never received squat about this. No proof, never heard this anecdote before, just sounds like someone making it up. I think MAYBE there was a single post about it on their Kickstarter which was just the tweet with that “make the wish come true” picture... but EVERYONE was making those back in the Smash ballot days.

Not to mention his whole post is ABOUT discourse yet he’s going around trying to stir up more discourse, it’s just an idiot trying to sling mud at anything he can until he gets attention. Don’t bother.
I see. Well that was stupid to hear about that. I guess he’s just either toxic or mad about his character is not getting an opportunity and try to make us feel bad about our character and feeling doubtful idk. Thanks.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Good news, today I came across a sealed copy of LRG Shantae on GBC for 80 bucks at my favorite gaming thrift store, which I got with store credit. :4dk:

Bad news, the artbook got delayed. Again. To August 24 this time. If that thing doesn't get released by the 20th anniversary, I'm giving up on it completely. Capcom things take priority for Udon, after all. :ultenderman:

And whether or not Ninty decided to add slightly more stuff in a vaguely announced format, though that's up in the air until FP11's Sakurai Presents drops.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Two days away and Nintendo has the video on standby once Monday rolls over. Make to check when the video is playing on your time zone.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, tomorrow's the day that we not only get Kazuya's presentation, but also when Kazuya himself gets released.

And honestly, I'm looking forward to playing around with something new after several months.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honesty im happy shes playable in some way, that she has music, and that her mii costume looks legitly good. The hair is very nice, and the outfitnis spot on.

Man though, sakurai was brutal with the deconfirmed characters this time. Lloyd, shantae, dragon born, and Dantae are all deconfirmed

Last edited:

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I figured Lloyd would return. I didn't expect to see Dragonborn or Dante in there. As for Shantae, I was partially anticipating it so I wasn't exactly shocked. Hey, at least she's a Deluxe Mii, which means we have a music track to go along with her. Plus the Mii doesn't look too bad. They also didn't make her a Swordfighter, so yeah.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Congratulations on the Mii Costume! From experience it can seem bitter sweet but the demand was definitely heard from. Your support definitely made the difference when it comes to being more than just a spirit.

Well at least she got a Deluxe Mii Costume and it looks great. Comes with a song at least. Oh well guys. There is always next time.
I still don't necessarily believe in the term Deluxe Mii costume but it is pretty sweet they decided to give her costume a music track as well.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm actually quite okay with this, she was given the premium treatment with a music track. If nothing else, she'll still have representation in a game owned by 20+ million people, much more than many other characters, indies in particular. This gives her the attention she deserves.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah deluxe mii costume, plus track. Not the dream, but it's actually great she got that much.
At least I'm happy Shantae got a mii costume.

Makes me a little sad about her being a Mii costume. But at least she's in the game in a way.
I will continue to wish for Shantae to be playable in Smash, but I would prefer other Indie reps, along the lines of Frisk (Undertale) and Cuphead instead.

Top Bottom