• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
My main point from the Mii Costume reveal is: Thank God that Shantae's starting to get an official 3D model. This could probably boost her chances for the next game depending on how the devs feel. (Please no Sakurai. Let that man rest after Ultimate.)

Either way, it's been a long and fun ride. I'm still holding out at least a tiny bit of hope for our half-genie pal to dance her way into Smash's eclectic, illustrious roster, and I feel you should too once we start living an Ultimate-less life.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, I will buy it to show support and to get Burning Town, but I hate that she still has to use an ugly Mii face... If only Smash used the new Miitopia miis...

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If Mii costumes are a total plus, think of the situation with King K. Rool in Smash for Wii U/3DS's Mii costume, AND Heihachi, which resulted in the possibility for Kazuya. Now, what the "deluxe" part of a mii's costume's significance we have yet to understand, but getting such amazing details for the costume, AND a track that also is a banger? Total win. Shantae beat the Thales series, beat Devil May Cry AND Skyrim. Imagine that! That's today's victory.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Ahw man, such wasted potential right there...
But I guess I can't be upset about it. She looks adorable, is a Brawler (which is pretty much the only Mii I actually kind of like to play) and she comes with a sweet track.

With my niche tastes I can't expect the last character to be anything I'd be hoping for, sadly. Shantae was the most likely one for me, the rest is just a pipe-dream. Fingers crossed the last character will be fun and unique though.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I was extremely doubtful on Shantae being the final fighter. Sure it's not playable, but a music Mii is next best thing and puts her in a much better position next game.

We've got a very nice ripple for Smash 6.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
For what it's worth, she is in very good company. And this round was really brutal for deconfirmations. Three of the four Miis were heavily speculated characters.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts about Shantae, I completely don’t know what to say. Not disappointed but I don’t have any words at all. I was so shocked to see her in action. All I can say is, I’m completely glad she’s not a Geno situation and she looks really clean being a deluxe Mii because it definitely means something when it comes to that. I’m sure she’ll fully join this time in Smash 6 but remember when Sakurai quoted about, “Even if Smash series continues moving forward, I doubt all those fighters will be together again.” Meaning he won’t bring all those main fighters from previous game into Smash 6 due to running out of room for newer fighters. In the meantime, Sakurai will have a long retiring break. He needs a big rest before returning. So anyway congratulations WayForward and Matt Bozon! We’ll always support you!

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Oh man my friend really wants Shantae in Smash but unless we got Burning Town Remix yeah its a win and lose for the music win and de confirm fighter lose.

Last edited:

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Here’s my full quote about most wanted characters in Smash:

Consider how you feel about your character didn’t make it in fully, it’ll always means something about showing love towards each other by Nintendo. Whether your characters make it in or not, it’s really not a big deal as long as Super Smash Bros. is mainly about showing love towards other franchises from different companies. There’s always next time to reach our destiny. Nintendo does care so much for Shantae. I think the reason they couldn’t add her in as a fighter because it’s too tough about animating her heavily potential movesets like animal transformation, magic, other stuff for her. That’s all I can think of. Also Smash community is really toxic anyway and they’re honestly big babies over characters not getting in like Sora, Crash, Dante, Lloyd, other characters. I personally don’t listen to them. I just think it’s way better than other crossovers because this series is the only series would bring everything together and it means a lot in different ways like added as Miis, spirits or fighters. Those different ways.

-SebTheGamer 2021

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hi there, it’s been a while hasn’t it?

Yeah just saw the announcement. I’m mixed but I can accept this. I figured her chances weren’t the best though part of me did hope she was viable. Still I glad she got something more than just a spirit and hopefully she’ll have a shot if the series continues after Ultimate

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Been a long trek with Shantae. I guess it does feel odd that it comes to an end. Not really hitting me XD.

Until the next smash I mean :p

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
This too, I was not looking forward to that. Chances of it being a fan favorite was highly unlikely and we don't have to worry about those obnoxious generalizations.
Also we can finally put to a rest any Good Boys And Girls arguments when the next Smash game discussions inevitably arise. Spirit AND Mii recognition and fully uncensored, no obstacles left!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
For next Smash, she has nothing left in her way now. Sakurai diretly stated her as being highly requested. her outfit cant be used as an argument anymore with mii costume. She got THIS treatment BEFORE Shovel Knight, Quote, Reimu, Hollow Knight!

Oddball

Smash Lord
That's a pretty spiffy Mii costume.

While it's easy to be disapointed that she's not a unique playable character, the fact that she is in some way playable is a huge plus. Think of all the characters that haven't even got that much going for them.

They did well by Shanate in my opinion.

And ... you know... maybe she'll get in next time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For next Smash, she has nothing left in her way now. Sakurai diretly stated her as being highly requested. her outfit cant be used as an argument anymore with mii costume. She got THIS treatment BEFORE Shovel Knight, Quote, Reimu, Hollow Knight!
For me it really depends what they do with the next smash. If they re-use a lot from ultimate, and lots of characters can be added, I think the chances can be good.
Otherwise, hard to tell.
In any case, I'll try to enjoy ultimate for now xD

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Also we can finally put to a rest any Good Boys And Girls arguments when the next Smash game discussions inevitably arise. Spirit AND Mii recognition and fully uncensored, no obstacles left!
Smash rules only exist when a scapegoat is needed.
Then they disappear when they aren't helpful.
They can even return again, based on different examples.
Because we demand order and reason, in places where it often doesn't exist.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This too, I was not looking forward to that. Chances of it being a fan favorite was highly unlikely and we don't have to worry about those obnoxious generalizations.
Yeah, again is that more of highly requested characters are out of the crossfire early. I'm just worried that Crash, Sora, Rayman and even Master Chief are at a BIG risk. It is all or nothing at this point.

Top Bottom