• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So she voices the one that gives you extra slots for weapons. Nice.

EDIT: She also voices the oldest Half Genie as well so yeah she does have a lot a range when it comes to her talents as a voice actress.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Seeing Shantae on Snorlax delights me. Makes me think about Shantae's transformations being pokemon. Cute crossover
That’s actually a fun idea.

Some have some obvious parallels (Aipom is a purple monkey, Donphan is an elephant), some you can look at their mannerisms (Sableye has the same stance and general demeanor of a Tinkerbat, Magikarp flops around similar to Blobfish) but you can get pretty creative with a bunch of them!

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
That’s actually a fun idea.

Some have some obvious parallels (Aipom is a purple monkey, Donphan is an elephant), some you can look at their mannerisms (Sableye has the same stance and general demeanor of a Tinkerbat, Magikarp flops around similar to Blobfish) but you can get pretty creative with a bunch of them!
Right! We need art commissioned... Need to find a way to drop hints to people who can draw/animate. lol

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
I change my stance from “I’m hopeful for one but I’d be ok if we don’t get an announcement at the game awards” to “We need an announcement at the game awards”. We’re approaching Chair Theory territory.
Excellent! Somewhat anyways.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know this is off topic for the thread, but here is something to relieve the Smash pressure for a bit.
It's about damn time. 4 years since Alvin released the last episode of the rebooted series and probably 4 more years until the next episode if the releases keep up at the same pace.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hey everybody I'm finally back! 😄 I just finished Age of Calamity (or the story anyway) and I gotta say I LOVED IT!! So, what did I miss while I was gone?
Not much really. Still waiting the Game Awards coming in 2 weeks with some already having the physical copy of Seven Sirens and the plushie of Shantae.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Hey everybody I'm finally back! 😄 I just finished Age of Calamity (or the story anyway) and I gotta say I LOVED IT!!
Wish I could say the same... I liked the first half.
But from Ganon's Awakening on, it really started to suck. Not to mention, it wasn't the prequel we were promised.
I didn't ask for a generic feel-good story. :/

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Not much really. Still waiting the Game Awards coming in 2 weeks with some already having the physical copy of Seven Sirens and the plushie of Shantae.
Cool! I have the Shantae plushie, but got Seven Sirens digitally 😛
Wish I could say the same... I liked the first half.
But from Ganon's Awakening on, it really started to suck. Not to mention, it wasn't the prequel we were promised.
I didn't ask for a generic feel-good story. :/
To each their own, I guess.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
To each their own, I guess.
Well, let's not forget that the game was advertised as a prequel.
But in the end, it was just a poor Avengers AU take on the Great Calamity, instead of showing the actual events canon to BOTW.
The marketing was, at the very least, very misleading. If it wasn't straight up false advertisement.
So the criticism is justified.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Well, let's not forget that the game was advertised as a prequel.
But in the end, it was just a poor Avengers AU take on the Great Calamity, instead of showing the actual events canon to BOTW.
The marketing was, at the very least, very misleading. If it wasn't straight up false advertisement.
So the criticism is justified.
The way I see it, it’s what happened with FF7R. Completely billed as a remake, but from leaks and eventually JUST the few days before the game came out, suddenly it’s not a remake, but a complete reimagining of the story. Even has time traveling stuff in there too.
I justify the AOC stuff as “we’ll just ignoring the little guardian and the new heroes in the Divine Beasts, this is what happened, so we know what happened and just have to pick out the parts that were changed for the sake of it being a warriors game.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You're supposed to peel off that film on the base.
ohh.....hmmm I feel stupid I sent a ticket to limited run

It doesnt feel like theres film here....nevermind lol

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
ohh.....hmmm I feel stupid I sent a ticket to limited run

It doesnt feel like theres film here....nevermind lol
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't know that it peeled off at first either. Had to bring up an image of it to remind myself how it was supposed to look.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
The way I see it, it’s what happened with FF7R. Completely billed as a remake, but from leaks and eventually JUST the few days before the game came out, suddenly it’s not a remake, but a complete reimagining of the story. Even has time traveling stuff in there too.
I justify the AOC stuff as “we’ll just ignoring the little guardian and the new heroes in the Divine Beasts, this is what happened, so we know what happened and just have to pick out the parts that were changed for the sake of it being a warriors game.
Interesting.
However, I think the situation is very different between the two.

One is a re-imagining of a 20 year old game and one is a what-if scenario of a game that just came out a couple years ago.
Plus, I believe Square Enix or at least someone inside have said on record that they don't want to do the exact same story, but they want to do something different and new with FF7.
While Mr. Aonuma and Koei Tecmo Guy have straight up told us, that AOC will tell the story of the Great Calamity 100 years before Breath of the Wild.
But ultimately, it didn't do that. So the advertisement was. as the very least, very misleading.
Wheras with Final Fantasy 7 Remake there was at least someone who told us to not expect the exact same story from the original Final Fantasy 7.
(Not that this makes the Remake any more bearable with its changes, but at least someone tried to set up proper expectations.)

The first half of AOC might work well enough with that mindset of yours.
But the second half is a mess.
And even with the first half, there are some subtle contradictions to the BOTW Memories, such as Zelda never being angry with Link.
Link not having the Master Sword from the get-go, since he is supposed to have obtained it as a kid.
So yeah, it's a bit of a mess.

Last edited:

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
12 days until TGA 2020. Since we have gotten no "hints" unlike last year, that should be a good sign.

Even then, I still have my concerns. I really don't want Fortnite to be in Smash because it's a borderline waste of a slot and Steve is already our modern gaming rep, as well as our PC gaming rep. Sakurai also wouldn't be excited to reveal a Fortnite character unless he is a Fortnite fan, which would probably be unlikely to be honest. And even though gechotaris still hasn't provided proof that he saw Shantae as a Mii Fighter on the Canadian Smash website, which proves that he was lying (and even got called out for it by one user in that comment thread), that whole thing still echoes back to me.

TL;DR: I need to rest assured that things will be fine. I'm still looking forward to a potential Shantae for Smash reveal nonetheless. Hope it's CP8.

Top Bottom