• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm just hoping Shantae doesn't get a mii costume tomorrow so that she still has a shot of getting in. Can you imagine the combinations people would make if they gave her mii costume a tube top? It would be Sans abominations everywhere.
I don't think we will see a Shantae Mii costume later. But I do believe we will see a Indie Mii costume that has close relations with Nintendo.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I don't think we will see a Shantae Mii costume later. But I do believe we will see a Indie Mii costume that has close relations with Nintendo.
Apparently there is a lot of buzz (no pun intended) around a Mii costume based on The Knight from Hollow Knight.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Based on the deluxe miis we've gotten so far that cover up the ugly mii faces, I think The Knight, Shovel Knight, and Quote are all good bets for indie mii costumes.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Okay how would everrybody feel if outta nowhere we got a Rayman situation where we mii costumes of other WayForward characters, like a Patty Wagon mii gunner costume and a Catgirl without Salad costume? Like still no Shantae mii costume reveal.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay how would everrybody feel if outta nowhere we got a Rayman situation where we mii costumes of other WayForward characters, like a Patty Wagon mii gunner costume and a Catgirl without Salad costume? Like still no Shantae mii costume reveal.
That would be very weird. Rayman it made sense as rabbits are big on their own, same with the assassin. Shantae is the biggest wayforward property by a landslide

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
OH MY GOODDDDD THAT WAS SUPER COOL AS **** TRAILER!!

damn!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
THE SPIRITS DECONFIRMING FAN RULE IS OFFICIALLY BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Thank goodness. The ramen did give it away for me, though.

Spirits Deconfirm is dead. Now we wait for the goalpost to be altered.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Spirits officially eligible for Fighters Pass 2. Well, Base game Spirits at least.

Thank you Min Min!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
This is honestly the best case scenario for us. If it were Spring man people would be making arguments that only Assist trophies were important enough to be upgraded or some such nonsense. Right now all the Assist Trophy characters are still in a nebulous Limbo on if they might get a chance, but now everyone that is just a spirit in the base game is fair game. Great time for the likes of Shantae, or Dixie Kong or so many other great over looked characters.

Now we just need to escape any possible Mii costume announcement if they decide to talk about other pieces of DLC being released along with Min Min.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
THE SPIRITS DECONFIRMING FAN RULE IS OFFICIALLY BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As Luke and Obi-Wan neared the end of their light speed travel to reach the planet GameFaqs, Obi-Wan suddenly senses a disturbance.....

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shantae lives to see another day it seems, not only do Spirits not deconfirmed but she survived the Mii costume massacre.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well Shantae is not a Mii Fighter costume this time around either so another dodge.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well Shantae is not a Mii Fighter costume this time around either so another dodge.
Not only that, but the "deluxe" Mii Costume this time wasn't an indie character so there is less reason for people to suspect that every popular indie darling is doomed for a deluxe Mii

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I don't watch those directs.
So can you give me a brief summary on the new content that will come?
So Min Min is the new fighter. Breaking another stupid fan rule.

Anything else?

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

Anything else?
Vault boy is a mii costume, you can now rematch spirits at any time if you own them, The smash team released video tips for hard spirit battles, joker amiibo and hero amiibo announced, along with the other and future dlc characters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Anything else?
The stage is Spring Stadium, which comes with 18 songs (two of them are remixes).
The Mii costumes are for Callie and Marie from Splatoon, Heihachi from Tekken, Ninjara from ARMS, and Vault Boy from Fallout. (none of them come with songs)
All of this comes out June 29th.
Joker and Hero amiibo are in development, and are currently scheduled for a fall release - only the Luminary (the hero of Dragon Quest 11) was shown as far as Hero's alts go.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

Anything else?
Mii Fighter costumes for Vault Boy, Heihachi, Squid Sisters and one other I forgot.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Vault boy is a mii costume, you can now rematch spirits at any time if you own them, The smash team released video tips for hard spirit battles, joker amiibo and hero amiibo announced, along with the other and future dlc characters.
Thanks.

The spirit thing hardly matters though.
Most of them are still straight up unfair.
Which IMO is the first and foremost thing that should be improved about Spirit Battles.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Anyone else LOVE how Min Min seesm to work and think her implementatio by the Smash Team is GENIUS?

D

Deleted member

Finally. That stupid spirit fan rule is dead at last. I'm happy to see it.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I guess the answer was obvious after the Party Crash Bash
Screenshot_20200622-094335_YouTube.jpg

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
It's super fitting the thing that destroys the stupid spirit rule was a literal fist from a game called ARMS punching it to oblivion. Min Min clears the way!

Top Bottom