• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
They have ATs remain in their base game position for convenience and tradition's sake. With spirits, it's much less of a hassle to work around them, I figure.

At least Isaac fans can always settle for asking for Golden Sun to be brought back instead, Waluigi fans are at an impasse since no dev at Nintendo's first and second parties wants to have him get a major role (platforming or otherwise).
Well, last I checked, Japan seems to straight up hate Waluigi.
And since people outside their culture are nothing to them...

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
New video is up! Let me know what you think :)

Also, RetrogamerMax I dedicated a whole section to crediting you, so I hope you appreciate that :laugh:

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
New video is up! Let me know what you think :)
Unless she's hiding offscreen, it's weird Min-Min's spirit isn't on the board, especially considering the characters are listed in pretty much the same order as they are in ARMS's character select screen. Maybe that's because you actually get that in addition to the fighter version from clearing her Classic mode? I also wonder if they will actually replace her spot in World of Light with a captured fighter instead of a spirit, if you have the DLC. Presumably all the other existing ARMS spirits will have their BGM, and maybe stage, updated.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
So the base game spirits will be added to Min Min's board but without her spirit huh? Sounds like what they can do too with Risky's spirit, adding it to Shantae's board while her spirit can be put on the sidelines as well. It's almost like this was planned.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
WreckitRyan WreckitRyan
Well I commented on your video already, but I might as well say it here as well. :p

I think Min Min's Fighter Spirit will simply be a seperate Spirit from her Primary Spirit.
Because otherwise Min Min's OG Spirit could no longer be used.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, today's New Game+ Expo day, and it will air at 11 AM EST. Until then, here's a piece from one of my favorite Twitter artists.

WreckitRyan WreckitRyan
Well I commented on your video already, but I might as well say it here as well. :p

I think Min Min's Fighter Spirit will simply be a seperate Spirit from her Primary Spirit.
Because otherwise Min Min's OG Spirit could no longer be used.
That's a perfectly reasonable assumption. I mean, :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: and :ultcloud: didn't have any legally usable artwork and had to use their Ultimate renders, so anyone that already was a spirit can potentially use a render for a fighter spirit.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yup. There it is. Fanrule Goalpost has been moved.
How can these people even take themselves seriously?
Are they that degenerate? :/

The reality simply is: Whoever Sakurai wants in, will be in, unless the character owner objects.
Seriously, all this bickering and all the speculation is completely pointless. SMH

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yup. There it is. Fanrule Goalpost has been moved.
Ironically more predictable than Nintendo and Sak get assumed of being.

How can these people even take themselves seriously?
Are they that degenerate? :/

The reality simply is: Whoever Sakurai wants in, will be in, unless the character owner objects.
Seriously, all this bickering and all the speculation is completely pointless. SMH
Don't let it get to you and just ignore them, they're rubes and sore losers. The more hate they give, the stronger character support gets.

Last edited:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
The reality simply is: Whoever Nintendo wants in, will be in, unless the character owner objects.
Fixed that for ya.

Remember, we almost got freaking Ninjara from Sakurai if Mr. Yabuki didn't specifically request Min Min.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
People are just savaging what's left of the rule. Still, the outcry outweights the fan rule now.
Artist: mast3r rainb0w
the_floodgates_are_open___min_min_in_smash___by_mast3r_rainb0w_ddzxezq-fullview.jpg

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Well, in this case Nintendo most likely just said: "We want an ARMS character." and Sakurai proceeded to come up with a couple ideas and asked Yabuki for input. Sakurai typically makes sure to get input from the developer if the choice is left up to him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fixed that for ya.

Remember, we almost got freaking Ninjara from Sakurai if Mr. Yabuki didn't specifically request Min Min.
Yeah, and Sak tweeted that DLC picks for this game aren't his, twice. He even had Slime as a back-up plan in case their suggestion of Hero somehow didn't work out.

The only obstacle for the moment is the finite number of characters they want for the game.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Fixed that for ya.

Nope,. that was correct.
Yabuki is the director of ARMS and thus has the final say on which one of his characters gets in.
So he simply objected to Sakurai wanting Ninjara and said he should take Min Min instead.
So my quote was still accurate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Dukefire

Smash Master
For everyone waiting for their character to join, just wait patiently. Regarding how long it takes, it may be worth it to get the invite later then now. (Take it how Spring Man got the invite first before the hit.)
Screenshot_20200623-010108_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20200622-170201_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-093823_YouTube.jpg

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Well that showcase was a waste of time. I thought based on the wording Wayforward had something new to show.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well that showcase was a waste of time. I thought based on the wording Wayforward had something new to show.
At least I get a sequel to Curse of the Moon out of it.

But yeah, it's pretty much just a show of presence to increase Shantae exposure to fans of JP game companies. I didn't expect anything and I'm still mostly disappointed.

Can't say the post-show stream will bring much else, either.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
: Now that a certain Spirit has join the fight, will we see a half genie hero come to unite?! Will it be now, or will it be never when the half genie girl makes our wishes come true?! As the Spirit bell tolls so does the wind! Does Shantae have what it takes is she in?!

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Even toxic places I know that would try beating the spirit rule into you have conceded after Min Min's reveal. To be this desperate is....ugh.
That's a very common people problem.
People just can't admit to not knowing something (let alone being wrong), so they always pull excuses out their %$$ so they're never in the wrong.

I guess that's the byproduct of a culture, where failure and being wrong disqualifies you as a human being.
But that's a different story...

In any case, the simple fact is that none of us can know anything about the decision making of Nintendo/Sakurai.
As long as they aren't made public, we will never know.
So all this speculation and gatekeeping is ultimately meaningless and a complete waste of time.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
You know there was something thats been bugging me about seven sirens.
After you save harmony you have to track her down again because she was following voices she was told not to. But when you find her it feels like you'll have to fight her, but no you just get the quake dance. Not to mention there's the implication that ghost genie dog is her mother, but again theres no pay off. I feel like they wanted to do more with her.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
After you save harmony you have to track her down again because she was following voices she was told not to. But when you find her it feels like you'll have to fight her, but no you just get the quake dance. Not to mention there's the implication that ghost genie dog is her mother, but again theres no pay off. I feel like they wanted to do more with her.
I forgot about that. That's a good theory. I do believe that the ghost dog genie could be Harmony's mother since Harmony seems like the most mature, experience, and powerful half genie among everyone aside from Shantae.

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about that. That's a good theory. I do believe that the ghost dog genie could be Harmony's mother since Harmony seems like the most mature, experience, and powerful half genie among everyone aside from Shantae.
I think its actually confirmed. If you go back to her after the escape sequence she'll ask ho you can do the quake magic since only her and her daughter know it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Those voices were probably just her mom leading Harmony there so that Shantae would have to follow and thus by extension leading her to where the bracelets can be found. Maybe she just doesn't want her daughter to know she's dead unlike all the other genies. And she gives you a fusion stone, so she's probably just playing dumb when she notices you having quake magic. After all if she hid them, it would make sense that she'd make it so only her magic could unearth them.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Those voices were probably just her mom leading Harmony there so that Shantae would have to follow and thus by extension leading her to where the bracelets can be found. Maybe she just doesn't want her daughter to know she's dead unlike all the other genies. And she gives you a fusion stone, so she's probably just playing dumb when she notices you having quake magic. After all if she hid them, it would make sense that she'd make it so only her magic could unearth them.
Perhaps. Maybe in the future theyll shine more light on the other half genies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've said before that Shantae was the most likely indie character to get in first as a full character in Smash, and thanks to Min Min, she got a stronger second chance.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I've said before that Shantae was the most likely indie character to get in first as a full character in Smash, and thanks to Min Min, she got a stronger second chance.
Just imagine a final shot with Playable Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sans, & Cuphead striking a pose in her trailer to celebrate Indies in Smash that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Just imagine a final shot with Playable Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sans, & Cuphead striking a pose in her trailer to celebrate Indies in Smash that would be awesome.
Nah it also needs Reimu and The Knight ( god ***** those Cherry ******** need to give him an actual name or just unique moniker.)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, you guys think there'll be additional features added to Seven Sirens over time or do you think it's done?

Top Bottom