• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Like I said to Alpha Stoutland over on twitter: Shantae has won 3 fan Tournaments in a row. I am fine if she lost because at least this will allow other characters to shine. For me I will continue supporting Shantae all the way.

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Shantae won last tournament and the channel immediately threw out another. It's not just Reimu she's up against, but a spite wagon.

This is why VS. Polls are a poor gauge of who's actually more wanted. It's not just the actual fans of the respective characters inserting their vote.
No, it's more like that guy has no real ideas for his channel and throws out voting tournaments willy nilly because he needs the views and ad revenue. It's just not worth even supporting imo.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Thankfully, the release for Seven Sirens wasn't delayed for its physical release. I wish the same could be said for Wonderful 101 Remastered.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Shantae won last tournament and the channel immediately threw out another. It's not just Reimu she's up against, but a spite wagon.

This is why VS. Polls are a poor gauge of who's actually more wanted. It's not just the actual fans of the respective characters inserting their vote.
Still got to show the support so that Shantae reigns as the queen. Yes, the supporters in this tournament are just a small portion of the Shantae fanbase, but we must show our support strong anywhere to show our girl's popularity.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even if Shantae doesn't make it in, she's still got 5 games under her belt and a pretty good fanbase thanks to the popularity of the last three installments.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I've stopped participating in that due to the obscene toxicity of the comment section each time Shantae is up. She's won every tournament that included her on that channel so far (never losing once), and the previous one had a truckload of Bots voting for Spyro against her (even when he wasn't in a match he still kept getting stagnant votes).

People are just steamed at this point due to her constant winning streak over an insignificant fan tournament on the Internet. She'll probably finally enter the losers bracket and comeback again.

The half-genie stigma is strong.
That explains a lot of comments I've seen. Though I don't know which tournament officially, because I lose track of them, but she recently got crushed by Heavy, who then actually went up against Spyro. So she might be in the loser's bracket now, unless this is a different one. But there were a lot "team up to finally end her reign" type of comments on that heavy one.

Exactly! And she's got seniority over most other Indie characters so that's a plus.
Actually, funnily enough for this match up, she's the undergrad. Reimu has almost a decade on her.

etnoika

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure what you guys mean, the first Touhou game came out in 1996, or 97, I'm seeing conflicting sources. Shantae 1 came out in 2002. So Reimu has at most 6 years on our girl.

D

Deleted member

I hope I manage to buy Shantae and the Seven Sirens before the year ends!!

The game does look really promising!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Time to make sure my LR account is set to one click purchase
Don't just take my word for it, as I could be wrong, but I don't think you need to worry about ordering right away. In the comments on the Twitter post the Wayforward account said that the Collector's Edition will be an open preorder this time. SO I think as long as you order any time four weeks after the 15th you can choose the CE if you want it.

Like I said, do your own research cause I could have misinterpreted something, but I think that's how it's going down this time.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
she recently got crushed by Heavy, who then actually went up against Spyro.
Huh. I guess I've missed that one. The Spyro surge started in one of the matches against Crash in the previous tournament.

Can't wait to see how egregiously toxic their reactions will be over her finally getting potentially eliminated. Then again, I'll probably forget to even check.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Really, the votes are just fans voting on fan polls. So, the results aren't important compared to the REAL stuff arriving soon in June and onwards with Sakurai's plans.

Screenshot_20200508-115804_YouTube.jpg

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Still, it helps shows Shantae's power within the Smash fanbase even if it's a small portion of her fans.
We've kinda already done that. Shantae and Risky made it in as spirits and Shantae was highlighted in the reveal for World of Light. We supported her hard in the Smash ballot and Sakurai took notice of her appeal. I just wanna know whose call it was to add the Sans and Cuphead mii costumes and whether it means Nintendo is pushing for more indie content in Smash, or whether it's an internal choice by Sora Ltd.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just wanna know whose call it was to add the Sans and Cuphead mii costumes and whether it means Nintendo is pushing for more indie content in Smash, or whether it's an internal choice by Sora Ltd.
Who knows. I just want Shantae to get the same caliber of reward as Shovel Knight, Sans, and Cuphead if she can't become playable right now.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
We've kinda already done that. Shantae and Risky made it in as spirits and Shantae was highlighted in the reveal for World of Light. We supported her hard in the Smash ballot and Sakurai took notice of her appeal. I just wanna know whose call it was to add the Sans and Cuphead mii costumes and whether it means Nintendo is pushing for more indie content in Smash, or whether it's an internal choice by Sora Ltd.
Was Rayman showed off before the game's release?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Not to my knowledge. I'd probably have to go back and read through threads, but the first time I saw Rayman in the game was playing through WoL.
I'm fairly confindent that Rayman didn't show up in any official trailers.
I think the first mention of him was from Twitter users, who got the game early.

zferolie

Smash Hero

zferolie

Smash Hero
double post but meh, long enough between. Have some more fanart.

-nope-

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the most part, best thing to do is also just report the post and let the Moderation look at it. Generally, what's considered inappropriate or not does have some subjectivity to it. I'd say the first image is a bit much, but only barely. The one with a close up of her chest feels at best borderline, but not breaking anything.

Another thing to think on is this; if you look at it and you think it might be a bit risque, just don't post it or ask a mod first. It's always better to be safe in these situations.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3608...we-chat-with-wayforward-to-learn-all-about-sh

Interview with Matt Bozon about the development of Seven Sirens and what it will include! The thing that caught my eye is that the console release has more animated cutscenes.
Likely to be for the other bosses that don't already have the animated cutscene schtick?
I'm certain enough that this isn't super spoilery, but the below mentioned stuff is going to absolutely be spoiler worthy.
Unless they plan to show Risky Boots getting her life force sucked out, I highly doubt the Empress Siren will get one unlike her fellow Sirens.

Oh, Forgot to link the plush on here, but it is as cute as a button

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Definitely buying that plush.

It's so awesome to see the Shantae series' popularity grow so quickly and explonentially in front of our very eyes. ( especially the last couple of years )
She's reaching so many milestones.
Our girl is becoming big and I'm here for it !

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Top Bottom