• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Apparently, Riesz is actually really popular in the Of Mana fandom, because at the time of the original's release, a character like her being both a physical fighter and a princess who is not shirking responsibility or being in distress was a rarity.

Just putting that out there since you seem to have a thing for underappreciated/underused character types.
Hmmmm true. I did star in Angela's story, but I am litterally just 2 minutes in... so I wonder if I should swap...

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Sorry I hadn't been on here for a long time. Among other things, there's not much Smash news to really talk about, I am cursed to stay with Seven Sirens spoilers until my B-Day, and above all else, New Leaf is dominating my life at the current moment.

Truth be told, this Pandemic sucks, especially since its just making mince meat out of a good chunk of the world. I'm glad Japan's doing alright relatively speaking, but I also hope Sakurai's doing well and not catching some bad stuff.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Heres a new fanart of Shantae by Minus8

Shantae looks quite good in modren street clothes!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is a Shantae Artwork for today
Artist: OmegaLuxifer
shantae_s_quarantine_days_by_omegaluxifer_ddvyrfv-fullview.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
Who knows, maybe our promised indie guests will finally join by the time I can sink some of it to that game.
I have a feeling thats still a while away.

As for mana, beat the first boss, finally got the ability to use magic as Angela. I was jusy using Reisz for better meleeing. Seems fun for magic, but you eat through it fast... how can i get mana back easier to use magic more as Angela?

Otherwise my female team seems to be doing good so far. Not sure what classes to go for yet, but i here starlancer is the best Reisz... but i wanna see how the naga summon looks as i like the fenrir outfit. Plus Charolette as one of the dark classes with Reiez as a light class gives me botj buffs and debuffs

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I have a feeling thats still a while away.

As for mana, beat the first boss, finally got the ability to use magic as Angela. I was jusy using Reisz for better meleeing. Seems fun for magic, but you eat through it fast... how can i get mana back easier to use magic more as Angela?

Otherwise my female team seems to be doing good so far. Not sure what classes to go for yet, but i here starlancer is the best Reisz... but i wanna see how the naga summon looks as i like the fenrir outfit. Plus Charolette as one of the dark classes with Reiez as a light class gives me botj buffs and debuffs
Grind cash and buy lots of Faerie Walnuts?

You really only need one debuffer on your team since they don't stack, to my knowledge. You can only reset their duration. In your team setup, Light or Dark Riesz builds are perfectly valid depending on what you want Charlotte to do. Star Lancer is mostly just preferred since there's nothing else quite like it, but Vanadis is also an option worth considering in a party generally lacking in physical strength due to it's stats. Maybe it's summon, Freya can also speak to you, just don't overuse it as it can prevent you from gaining XP (shrinks normal enemies to make them really weak, but they give no XP when beaten this way). Basically, if you take Riesz one way, have Charlotte go the other. Or just use lots of items to pick up the slack in any given area since they're pretty strong and plentiful, especially healing ones.

For MP economy with Angela, consider her dark classes. Her INT stat gets high enough in those to do very good damage even with basic spells.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Grind cash and buy lots of Faerie Walnuts?

You really only need one debuffer on your team since they don't stack, to my knowledge. You can only reset their duration. In your team setup, Light or Dark Riesz builds are perfectly valid depending on what you want Charlotte to do. Star Lancer is mostly just preferred since there's nothing else quite like it, but Vanadis is also an option worth considering in a party generally lacking in physical strength due to it's stats. Maybe it's summon, Freya can also speak to you, just don't overuse it as it can prevent you from gaining XP (shrinks normal enemies to make them really weak, but they give no XP when beaten this way). Basically, if you take Riesz one way, have Charlotte go the other. Or just use lots of items to pick up the slack in any given area since they're pretty strong and plentiful, especially healing ones.

For MP economy with Angela, consider her dark classes. Her INT stat gets high enough in those to do very good damage even with basic spells.
Ah walnuts will help for now, sounds good there. and yeah I was thinking of one of her dark routes, just not sure which one, but I like her Rune mage outfit the most. that other yellow one looks very meh.

And yeah, that makes sense. I was planning on doing that. I was just leaning towards Star Lancer as people where suggestion that was best. But how is Fenrir Knight and her 4th dark class(can't find any info on those 4th classes). I do Like her look a lot as Fenrir, and the Naga Summon from the original looked quite good(has there been video of the new summon styles?) and suppoidly it was the most damaging summon. Freya I here is good but i am not a fan of being punished with no EXP for using it, as I love summons in general.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Well, while we wait for new Smash News, I might as well do a shout out for an incredible game, made with the MUGEN/IKEMEN engine.
Card Sagas Wars

It's a game that perfectly combines traditional 2D fighting, with the simple control scheme of Smash Bros.
(Though Supers still use the classic 2D fighting commands like QCF, QCB, DPF, etc.)
On top of that, there are a lot of assists in the game, that you can summon by using your Assist Card.
The Assist Card charges as you take damage and it can rise in rank, the more it charges.
What assist you get is always random.
But it does have a wide variety of characters and franchises represented.

Currently, there are 12 playable characters:
- KOS-MOS
- Link
- Cloud
- X
- Crono
- Soma
- Ivy
- Master Chief
- Samus
- Lenneth
- Walküre
- Etna
Etna right now is incomplete though, as she lacks one of her supers and her Ultimate.

More updates are planned for this game.
So provided this game isn't killed by C&D/DCMA, I can see this game actually being a solid Smash Bros substitude for me.

Here are showcases of all Ultimates in the game and all assists:

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ah walnuts will help for now, sounds good there. and yeah I was thinking of one of her dark routes, just not sure which one, but I like her Rune mage outfit the most. that other yellow one looks very meh.

And yeah, that makes sense. I was planning on doing that. I was just leaning towards Star Lancer as people where suggestion that was best. But how is Fenrir Knight and her 4th dark class(can't find any info on those 4th classes). I do Like her look a lot as Fenrir, and the Naga Summon from the original looked quite good(has there been video of the new summon styles?) and suppoidly it was the most damaging summon. Freya I here is good but i am not a fan of being punished with no EXP for using it, as I love summons in general.
I'm not really interested in looking up the 4th classes since I don't plan on tackling post-game stuff until I've done standard playthroughs with each main pairing. What little I've glimpsed of them implies they essentially combine abilities from all previous classes in the route.

Fenrir Knight's main selling point is multi-target debuffs. The summon is the most damaging of all the ones potentially at Riez's disposal, but it also has no additional effects. A great crowd-control class, all things considered.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well, while we wait for new Smash News, I might as well do a shout out for an incredible game, made with the MUGEN/IKEMEN engine.
Card Sagas Wars

It's a game that perfectly combines traditional 2D fighting, with the simple control scheme of Smash Bros.
(Though Supers still use the classic 2D fighting commands like QCF, QCB, DPF, etc.)
On top of that, there are a lot of assists in the game, that you can summon by using your Assist Card.
The Assist Card charges as you take damage and it can rise in rank, the more it charges.

- KOS-MOS
- Link
- Cloud
- X
- Crono
- Soma
- Ivy
- Master Chief
- Samus
- Lenneth
- Walküre
- Etna
Etna right now is incomplete though, as she lacks one of her supers and her Ultimate.

So provided this game isn't killed by C&D/DCMA, I can see this game actually being a solid Smash Bros substitude for me.

stuff like this amazes me custom spirites of Marina Miku, Grunty, Lara Croft and all the sprites look like the same style

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm not really interested in looking up the 4th classes since I don't plan on tackling post-game stuff until I've done standard playthroughs with each main pairing. What little I've glimpsed of them implies they essentially combine abilities from all previous classes in the route.

Fenrir Knight's main selling point is multi-target debuffs. The summon is the most damaging of all the ones potentially at Riez's disposal, but it also has no additional effects. A great crowd-control class, all things considered.
Ah doing multiple playthrus. I just don't know if i'll have the time for that yet, so I'll be sticking to this for now and doing the playthrough, but ok that does help the idea of what these 4th classes are.

interesting, and cool. multi target debuffs sound fun, and i like the costume, so going that route. I'm a long way away though, only just hit level 10 after fighting the robots on the bridge. I swapped to hard mode a little before this, and yet seems like enemies are hitting considerably harder, and you don't have access to all your items in a fight, just a limited amount of them(like I had like 40 candioes but the battle ring only said I had 10) I think once I have more skills and stuff fighting in hard will be easier, plus I MAY have been a tiny bit underleveled.

Card Sagas Wars

- KOS-MOS
- Link
- Cloud
- X
- Crono
- Soma
- Ivy
- Master Chief
- Samus
- Lenneth
- Walküre
- Etna

I've seen videos of this floating around. the sprites are top notch for sure. Jesus though, those are some crazy amount of assists and only half way through, and some very interesting picks. Freaking the Miko and Tanooki I am blanking on the names of, Marina from Misfief Makers to?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Card Sagas Wars

- KOS-MOS
- Link
- Cloud
- X
- Crono
- Soma
- Ivy
- Master Chief
- Samus
- Lenneth
- Walküre
- Etna

The sprites in this game are super gorgeous. The team behind this game really nailed it. I haven't played or seen anyone else play it yet but this looks like it's a really solid game.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
But, even if the normal direct got delayed, we should still find out if spirits can be upgraded to playable status in June, since Sakurai said development was progressing smoothly.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I make a bunch of custom Mario Kart Hot Wheels characters for my collection and I decided to make a Shantae one.

shantae hot wheels.PNG

What do you think ?
I also still need to find her her own kart to paint/customize post-quarantine.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Something someone brouht up, Rayman and Shovel Knight mayve got in due to their recent games being published by Nintendo in Japan.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something someone brouht up, Rayman and Shovel Knight mayve got in due to their recent games being published by Nintendo in Japan.
Them as a chance of being a fighter? Or the parts of them being as Assist Trophy and spirit?

D

Deleted member

I finally got 100% in all of the modes in HGH. Now to wait until the 28th for Seven Sirens.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if Shantae makes it in do you guys think she will be top tier or mid tier? I think it's more likely she will be top tier due to her speed, size, and strong animal transformations. Once she enters Smash's halls she will be declared the queen.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I saw PapGenos talking about how in certain instances characters had a relatively small change or glitch added to their moves that was seemingly out of place.

In actuality that anomaly ended up being Sakurai and his team using those characters as a basis for future DLC fighters. Previously Simon had a small change to his whip animation which ended up bleeding into Byleth being included, and now there's been a weird glitch found for Bayonetta which is probably a basis for the next ARMS fighter.

The glitch was that if you Smash attack out of her shield her clothes don't go away.

Edit: Point is that if another one of these pops up before we know the next fighter we should hope that it's either Zelda or ZSS (maybe).

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I was kinda hoping that Card Sagas Wars would get more traction.

But it seems not a lot of people are interested. :(

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was kinda hoping that Card Sagas Wars would get more traction.

But it seems not a lot of people are interested. :(
If the game was still being actively worked on I think more people would be excited. It does look fantastic and some of the best old style sprite works I have seen

Top Bottom