• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Hmm? A leak actually including her? As a fighter? On 4chan/Fireden? Hmm.

I feel queasy.

Edit (coz Dylly will eat me if I double-post):

It's a fake leak because
"Febuary"
doesn't exist.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
people don't trust 4chan leaks, but that Pokemon Sword and Shield leak thats 100% true so far was from there right?

Dukefire

Smash Master
people don't trust 4chan leaks, but that Pokemon Sword and Shield leak thats 100% true so far was from there right?
Granted, yes 4chan is true on other games like Pokémon Sword and Shield. But, Smash Ultimate is always a curveball with what Sakurai and the development team are doing. Few or none can't predict of what is coming next regarding rumors and speculations.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The ONLY Ultimate leak on /v/ that was true was the one with Piranha Plant, and it wasn't noticed until after the fact.

5Chan is even less accurate, yet people still gobbled up the fake leak from there because of Joker, Mementos and Hero (and even then Erdrick wound up being an alt instead of Luminary, and Anlucia never appeared at all).

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for that Febuary direct, even though there is no such month. I really want to know what feautures it would have shown.

zferolie

Smash Hero
so the 28th is mostly over and no hero, so that 1 4chan leak was fake not sure why someone would guess a sunday

At this rate Hero will be out during EVO.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
so the 28th is mostly over and no hero, so that 1 4chan leak was fake not sure why someone would guess a sunday

Joker dropped at 9pm EST, just saying.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Guess we will find out once August starts. Maybe Nintendo might do another direct August after EVO or on September.

Also, here is a shantae artwork for tonight.
Artist: JaysonBlade
shantae_month__shantae_zero_by_jaysonblade-ddcp29n.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Because historical DQIII release reasons, apparently. Now they should realise how silly this logic is.

EVO reveal seems to be the most logical outcome, so I don't see why anyone would be desperate to think otherwise.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Because historical DQIII release reasons, apparently. Now they should realise how silly this logic is.

EVO reveal seems to be the most logical outcome, so I don't see why anyone would be desperate to think otherwise.
how random. Smash has always done things its own way. I would have guessed evo because last evo they announced the smash direct. I assume with smash being a final round it will go over all of Hero, maybe new modes or if crazy then announce an upcoming smash direct for new modes or stuff.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Of course causality had to go and prove me wrong. Well, at least the wait is over.

So i doubt this counts for that leak haha. Still, i bet he will drop right after or something. Still, 22 minutes is a lot for just a character, unless he is pretty complex.

I wonder if evo will reveal anything... I can still see them releasing a trailer for fighter 4 there. I mean other games have done very early reveals like that there

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So a NoE tweet went out and got deleted saying that 4.0 will be going live in the 31st. So you can bet hero is coming with it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So a NoE tweet went out and got deleted saying that 4.0 will be going live in the 31st. So you can bet hero is coming with it.
That was what i was expecting. I wonder if they will play that version at evo or not. I would guess not.

Dukefire

Smash Master
That was what i was expecting. I wonder if they will play that version at evo or not. I would guess not.
They won't since hero just arrived and no one doesn't know how to use him yet.

Best not to show champs stuggling with the new challenger live at the finals.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well I just beat the first dungeon and Squid Baron to get the first seal yesterday, and now I'm in the desert trying to beat Ammo Baron's enemy trail in his tower. I'm probably going to have to go back to Scuttle Town to get Spike Balls in order to beat the enemies in the trail fast enough to get through it before the timer goes off.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Anybody post this remix yet?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Watched the hero video. Lools very interesting. That the down b is a random selection of spells, and a ton of them, is not what i was expecting. Looks like it will be a cool fighter honestly.

Plus he releases today!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So how does everyone feel about the vanishing Final Smash? Personally I think it's not a good feature to make unoptional. Some final Smashes are very easy to pull off while others need to be very precise. For the ones who have very easy Final Smashes to pull off, they won't really be affected, but for characters who need precise spacing to successfully land one, well their opponent can just avoid them until the clock runs out.

Dukefire

Smash Master
So how does everyone feel about the vanishing Final Smash? Personally I think it's not a good feature to make unoptional. Some final Smashes are very easy to pull off while others need to be very precise. For the ones who have very easy Final Smashes to pull off, they won't really be affected, but for characters who need precise spacing to successfully land one, well their opponent can just avoid them until the clock runs out.
I believe it can be worked around like how patches are for characters. Besides, it could balance it out when fighting with meter on. Its just me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It only affects final smashes when the meter is turned on.

Top Bottom