• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Always those people that doesn't want shantae for trolls or ones that wanted their character to join smash rather then her.

Its just another day.
Screenshot_20190719-104104_YouTube.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only way for a character to never get in is for them not to be talked about, so if anything the vocal minority of haters fail at doing just that, since they don't know how to shut up and just wind up giving attention to their object of hatred anyways.

Best to just ignore those loonies.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Also, there are those are sure that character(s) won't be getting for reasons they stand for. (Of course, being spirits automatically deconfirm their chances. Why should that character be in when that said character is way better then him/her for various reasons.)

While I do respect the choices, just don't be a stubborn wall when news of the supposedly impossible pick(s) arrives to the scene.
Especally for Waluigi if it does come down to him, but I won't mind if it does happen.
Screenshot_20190721-213744_YouTube.jpg

Edit: here a image of the Japanese 711 for some proof of hero drawing near this August.
Screenshot_20190726-100313_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
It was all a matter of time before the haters find the video.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Edit: >Kill la Kill IF turned out to be mediocre
Well, that's a waste. I can see why censors ignored this one, it's not even good enough to make a fuss over.
If you're talking about the NintendoLife review, it doesn't seem to be a bad game per se, it just doesn't have much to offer for non-Kill la Kill fans, compared to something like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Of course, the commenters accuse the reviewer(s) of being biased against the nudity kind of fanservice-laden games, so it just goes to show these kinds of games have a particular audience that reviewers don't usually address to.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I need to post this, only if because some recent events are pointing towards Hero coming out on the 28th to be legit.
two possibly different leakers leaking similar Smash info.png

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
I have to admit I am surprised she even got a profile icon in Ultimate. I figured they wouldnt even acknowledge her existence. I hope that people using the icon and all the community made shantae maps (and there are A LOT of them lol) are an indicator to nintendo that a lot of people want shantae in the game. IMO Shantae is by far the most deserving character of being in the roster who isnt already. In fact I would put her above many of characters we already have (duck hunt, wii fit trainer, half the FE characters, etc.).

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
With FE Three Houses just released, I don't think that a character from that game might be the next newcomer for Smash Ultimate. While I say that, we don't know truly behind the scenes. So, its still anyone's guess.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
With FE Three Houses just released, I don't think that a character from that game might be the next newcomer for Smash Ultimate. While I say that, we don't know truly behind the scenes. So, its still anyone's guess.
My only issue with this is based on Rex's Mii Swordsman costume. With Sakurai even stating that XB2 was too new. I would like to assume that FE3Houses is too new as well.

Dukefire

Smash Master
My only issue with this is based on Rex's Mii Swordsman costume. With Sakurai even stating that XB2 was too new. I would like to assume that FE3Houses is too new as well.
Though, at least we don't have to hear anymore "Anime Sword fighter" complain.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I need to post this, only if because some recent events are pointing towards Hero coming out on the 28th to be legit.
Well, that's certainly interesting... I don't know if I believe it as I still don't think Steve is likely thanks to B&K (didn't think he was a good fit from the beginning, but before the Banjo announcement I admit he was at least in the running)

However, at least this one has a short shelf life. So in a few days we will either know it's completely wrong, or it got the Hero release right and is thus worth looking further into.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only way for a character to never get in is for them not to be talked about, so if anything the vocal minority of haters fail at doing just that, since they don't know how to shut up and just wind up giving attention to their object of hatred anyways.

Best to just ignore those loonies.
But if that was the case, Piranha Plant probably wouldn't have made it in.

Dude! You have a exactly point there I never thought about. That means Elma from XBX has a better shot of getting in due to her game coming out half a year before the project plan for Ultimate was finalized.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's likely that people may have wanted Petey Piranha, but ultimately a compromise was chosen because the staff couldn't have time/ find a good way to make him work somehow.
I could see that. It could have been a similar situation like in the Ballot where a bunch of people voted for a Castlevana rep most notably Alucard, but got Simon and Richter instead.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not much, Dragon Quest Spirits data are found in Ultimate. Meaning Hero is very close to arriving.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>no less than 6 DQ monsters get spirits, yet FF's summons aren't acknowledged at all
I have to wonder how complicated it is to negotiate for Nomura's artwork, exactly. Does he absolutely need to be available, given that he's been working on several projects at the time?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
>no less than 6 DQ monsters get spirits, yet FF's summons aren't acknowledged at all
I have to wonder how complicated it is to negotiate for Nomura's artwork, exactly. Does he absolutely need to be there, given that he's been working on several projects at the time?
That or he charges a lot alone. It's clear that different people are just more cooperative.

Though I'd love it if we got more FF content even then. The only thing at most I think we might get is a Chocobo Hat costume back, and that's about it. I'd love other costumes, but... it doesn't feel too likely.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We will see once the next wave of update, costumes and possibly a new mode arrives.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I need to post this, only if because some recent events are pointing towards Hero coming out on the 28th to be legit. View attachment 232606
Any legitness to this, or just another 4cham leak? This would be a nutty final 2 and piss off lots of trolls haha.

I have to admit I am surprised she even got a profile icon in Ultimate. I figured they wouldnt even acknowledge her existence. I hope that people using the icon and all the community made shantae maps (and there are A LOT of them lol) are an indicator to nintendo that a lot of people want shantae in the game. IMO Shantae is by far the most deserving character of being in the roster who isnt already. In fact I would put her above many of characters we already have (duck hunt, wii fit trainer, half the FE characters, etc.).
That she got a profile is really surprising. Isnt she the only character that has no playable characters tied to her series as a profile icon?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Any legitness to this, or just another 4cham leak? This would be a nutty final 2 and piss off lots of trolls haha.

That she got a profile is really surprising. Isnt she the only character that has no playable characters tied to her series as a profile icon?
If you don't mind me asking, why did you quote me?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
She's the only third-party character with no corresponding fighter or assist to get an online profile icon.

zferolie

Smash Hero
She's the only third-party character with no corresponding fighter or assist to get an online profile icon.
Right, and thats even more suspicious to me rayman didnt get one and ubisoft is tight with nintendo and everyone expected rayman to be in by now

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Leaks having to do with the remaining two empty slots are somewhat at a standstill for now.
Screenshot_20190712-181132_YouTube.jpg

Until we have more official info on smash ultimate on modes, mii costumes and the next challenger for the Fighters Pass.
With obvious:
The Hero approaching very close this summer
Banjo Kazooie Fall 2019

Also, here is a shantae artwork for tonight.
Artist: JaysonBlade
shantae_month__shanhay_by_jaysonblade-ddco8is.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah its a wait and see game atm. I think next week we will hear something, either with hero release or at evo. Smash is the final game so nintendo will say something, even if its just, smash direct coming on the 12th.

Here is a shantae sketch i found on twitter.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...Yeah, obviously, I gathered that from the debates going around in circles for weeks now. If it's not in relation to Hero/BK, it's shutting down people who try to hope for a first party.

August can't get here fast enough.

Here is a shantae sketch i found on twitter.
That's pretty good, has a Toriyama vibe to it.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Hello! I have arrived from the Geno thread! I'm a heavy supporter of Shantae and I wanted to see what you all were up to!

Top Bottom