• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
They're indies, they do whatever they feel like, much like Playtonic thinking that a follow-up to Yooka-Laylee needs to be different instead of building up on top of the foundation that was laid down. :drshrug:
It feels more lke they're doing that to build up funds to make a proper 3d sequel without having to kickstart it.

Dukefire

Smash Master
With the tiny footage from Apple on Shantae 5 shown months ago, it does look promising on what WF has done so far. Though for smash, that will have to wait for her on another time.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Something tells me that "Apple Store Trailer" had some wrong footage. The fact they didn't even show a trailer for Shantae 5 at E3 is all the evidence needed.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something tells me that "Apple Store Trailer" had some wrong footage. The fact they didn't even show a trailer for Shantae 5 at E3 is all the evidence needed.
Now looking at it, the artwork for shantae was from HGH. So, that is the wrong footage.:c

Besides, we don't know about the game would look like with her new in-game avatar's movements.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok so I have been hearing rumors floating around about an Undertale rep... and Waluigi being the final 2... this just seems... odd to me, but it seems a few people are mentioning it... has anyone here heard anything like this?

Dukefire

Smash Master
This is my opinion for the two that can't make it.

Waluigi: Assist Trophy status already spells game over for fighter spot.

Undertale rep: while the indie game got popularity by its mechanics, sequel, and memes. To me, it just doesn't stand against the tests of time compared to other potential candidates. Though, what is still fueling the request is Toby's continuous work on Deltarune and the memes for the series.

Also, here is a Shantae artwork for tonight.
Artist: greenlittle
Watch_Me_Dance!_by_greenlittle.jpg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/level-5_is_appearing_at_anime_expo_for_the_first_time_ever

Well, that escalated quickly, now Level-5 are going at the event too. At least they're known for backing anime versions of their works.

I haven't been aware of anything on the purple Waaa! or Undertale. Is it anything concrete? Hoping for some small hints of Shantae, even fake in this.
So far, not really, but it got people talking anyway, since they got nothing better to do.

Personally, I prefer the talk about the stuff that can be used to make Ryu Hayabusa transition into Smash smoothly.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Now looking at it, the artwork for shantae was from HGH. So, that is the wrong footage.:c

Besides, we don't know about the game would look like with her new in-game avatar's movements.
but the location we saw wasnt from HGH clearly.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oooh~ Didn't expect anyone here to care about her/know who she is these days.

#1 Pipe Dream Pick since Brawl.
I would love her in but i cant get my hipes up. Even a new game with her would be nice. Shake shake!

So bloodstained is out guys, and they posted a new launch trailer. Cant wait to play it after work.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I would love her in but i cant get my hipes up. Even a new game with her would be nice. Shake shake!

So bloodstained is out guys, and they posted a new launch trailer. Cant wait to play it after work.
I'm getting the physical edition when it comes out next week. The game really turned around after WF started helping them.

Dukefire

Smash Master

Well, not for me yet. I have the switch, so I got to wait another week before playing it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm getting the physical edition when it comes out next week. The game really turned around after WF started helping them.
Well, not for me yet. I have the switch, so I got to wait another week before playing it.
I have the physical eddition for ps4 i think? I backed the game way back when and forget which i picked haha. It got sent to my dads office since at the time i worked in it, so picking it up after work.

Switch would have been nice but didnt swap i believe

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I have the physical eddition for ps4 i think? I backed the game way back when and forget which i picked haha. It got sent to my dads office since at the time i worked in it, so picking it up after work.

Switch would have been nice but didnt swap i believe
I preordered mine at Best Buy so I will be getting a steelbook for it too

Dukefire

Smash Master
I do want to add that Shovel Knight look good for his next crossover appearance. His armor and the Trusty Shovel Blade blend in to the atmosphere of Bloodstained.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
As for reviews, so far the only one I've heard for it was from Jim Sterling who seemed incredibly pleased with it. Love him or hate him, if he has a problem with a game he isn't shy about making it known.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I wonder if there was mutual approval for this little scene.

Also, more Shovel Knight action! :ness:

Oooh~ Didn't expect anyone here to care about her/know who she is these days.

#1 Pipe Dream Pick since Brawl.
I keep her in mind, even though Treasure characters are mostly ignored by everyone.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Her time has come.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Getting Bloodstained for Switch as well. It's gonna be amazing!

WayForward helped with this. I know they're not gonna leave a Shantae cameo out if Shovel Knight can get in ]:<

Dukefire

Smash Master

WayForward helped with this. I know they're not gonna leave a Shantae cameo out if Shovel Knight can get in ]:<
who knows. Until there is a video that shows shantae's guest star appearance, Shovel Knight is the one that will appear. Like he has done it for previous titles too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, WayForward showed up on relatively short notice for this one. They don't have Shantae show up in everything they had a hand with (personal games or otherwise).

I'd be surprised they'd have had time to do anything besides polish up and refine what's been laid down.

Also, can we please not start up another pointless fanbase rivalry?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Good point. I highly doubt one of WF reps will make a appearance in Bloodstained.

Again, we may get more information about Shantae 5 at Anime Expo July 4th. So, shantae is not left out in the loop for the summer since she is the mascot of WayForward.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Mind you, I don't hate Shovel Knight. He's just...everywhere! There's only so many crossovers you can have with this guy.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Bear with it, he is going to be around for a while longer. As long Yacht Club has a chance, he will be there.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Shantae content in Bloodstained or no, you could probably customize the protagonist's appearance to the point of strongly ressembling a Shantae character if that tickles your fancy.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Haha seems like i thought i had the ps4 version, but actually had the switch version. The special backers physical version. So i wont be playing the game tonight.

What did ship to me was actually my physical version of time spinner, along with a shirt and stickers. You guys play that game?

Wonder why i am only just getting this now though when it came put awhile ago. Completely forgot about it haha

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Haha seems like i thought i had the ps4 version, but actually had the switch version. The special backers physical version. So i wont be playing the game tonight.

What did ship to me was actually my physical version of time spinner, along with a shirt and stickers. You guys play that game?

Wonder why i am only just getting this now though when it came put awhile ago. Completely forgot about it haha
That's cool, I had heard good things about this one. Just make sure to have a box of tissues handy, story's a tragic one.

Dukefire

Smash Master

Looking at it, its like Symphony of the Night with Time Manipulation (ZA WARUDO). Might be great to play.

Top Bottom