• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If Shantae gets in Im commissioning to an artist this idea: for funsies and light poking at other characters

Shantae is sitting on an ornate throne, harsh lights cast over form. Holding up one side of her face in a hand, the other holding a Smash Ball in the other with a casual tone, her eyes and body glow with an awesome yellow glow. Looking towards the viewer with a sly cocky smile and expression Her eyes give off a powerful and satisfied look. She has one leg crossed over the other. Other various indies and requested characters bowing to her, some out of genuine adoration and respect for her, others out of begrudging acceptance of her status over them, gritting teeth and biting lips. Above her atop the throne in shining letters the words "Indie Queen" spells out for all to see.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If Shantae gets in Im commissioning to an artist this idea: for funsies and light poking at other characters

Shantae is sitting on an ornate throne, harsh lights cast over form. Holding up one side of her face in a hand, the other holding a Smash Ball in the other with a casual tone, her eyes and body glow with an awesome yellow glow. Looking towards the viewer with a sly cocky smile and expression Her eyes give off a powerful and satisfied look. She has one leg crossed over the other. Other various indies and requested characters bowing to her, some out of genuine adoration and respect for her, others out of begrudging acceptance of her status over them, gritting teeth and biting lips. Above her atop the throne in shining letters the words "Indie Queen" spells out for all to see.
If she gets in, I‘m tempted to draw a Game of Thrones homage with the throne being made of stuff from indie games like SK’s shovel, Quote’s Polar Star, Juan’s mask, etc.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If she gets in, I‘m tempted to draw a Game of Thrones homage with the throne being made of stuff from indie games like SK’s shovel, Quote’s Polar Star, Juan’s mask, etc.
Steve's entire blocky body...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Huh, a little off topic, but this is kind of interesting, I guess.
It's probably gonna be delayed for the next 6 years or so lol
If Monolith is on board then that means the next Zelda will be another big one like BotW

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Not necessarily.
Yeah...but they literally made Xenoblade Chronicles 1, X and 2, all three having MASSIVE both in size and scale worlds to explore. Its what they are currently known for, being able to properly show off scale in their videogames excellently.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah...but they literally made Xenoblade Chronicles 1, X and 2, all three having MASSIVE both in size and scale worlds to explore. Its what they are currently known for, being able to properly show odd scale in their videogames excellently.
Well yes, that is very true, as they said in the video, "the more likely answer is they're providing support for development". And while I do think this game is going to play similarly to BotW, with a large open world map and all, the fact that Monolith Soft is working on it isn't the reason why (they helped with development on Skyward Sword for goodness sake, which is basically the complete opposite of an open world game :p). I mean, I'm not ruling it out as an impossibility that they are making it, but still...

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It seems the leaker that "leaked" the April 11 Nintendo Direct has new information. Take it with a truckload of salt.

UPDATE: It seems the leaker made a mistake. He stated that a new Shantae game(the one we know as Shantae 5) would be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch coming this year. Oh well.
Oh look. Another leak featuring Erdrick and Steve. Never heard that one before. :U

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I do find it interesting that recently Shantae has been more common in fake leaks.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well yes, that is very true, as they said in the video, "the more likely answer is they're providing support for development". And while I do think this game is going to play similarly to BotW, with a large open world map and all, the fact that Monolith Soft is working on it isn't the reason why (they helped with development on Skyward Sword for goodness sake, which is basically the complete opposite of an open world game :p). I mean, I'm not ruling it out as an impossibility that they are making it, but still...
The Legend Of Zelda... 's split personality disorder.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Take a good look through Monolith's leading ladies starting from Xenosaga and you'll see what I mean.
Fair. Though I was just making a joke as is, not actually directly responding to your point.

Anyway, I do prefer open world Zelda, so BOTW is a great idea(the stamina system I'm not a fan of, though. Weapons or otherwise).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, wasn't Zelda possessed by Ganondorf once?

Oh look. Another leak featuring Erdrick and Steve. Never heard that one before. :U
If either of those aren't the next character, that'll nuke at least 90% of the current leaks we have and force Tansut to go into hiding out of shame.

Ah well, not long to go until April now I guess. :chrono: The leaker scene is so dead that they resorted to leaking Yoshi's Crafted World's full game literally one day before it's released.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, no matter what happens with the fighter pass, we've still got Shantae 5 to look forward to.

It's pretty hard to lose in that set-up.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Though it would be a bonus if she does get in with her game being announced this year. She already has her foot in the door in Smash Bros as a spirit, so there is always room as long the spirits talk doesn't deconfirm and some empty slots are still there.

She is Halfway there as long the rules doesn't shut her chances down
Artist: MichaelH-Art

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
To be fair, wasn't Zelda possessed by Ganondorf once?

If either of those aren't the next character, that'll nuke at least 90% of the current leaks we have and force Tansut to go into hiding out of shame.

Ah well, not long to go until April now I guess. :chrono: The leaker scene is so dead that they resorted to leaking Yoshi's Crafted World's full game literally one day before it's released.
She was kind of dead/absent from her body at the time, so not really a split there.

Well, no matter what happens with the fighter pass, we've still got Shantae 5 to look forward to.

It's pretty hard to lose in that set-up.
And more games means more moveset ideas! I wonder if Wayforward has been thinking along those lines since Half-Genie Hero? They certainly seemed to like toying with that idea with Batgal in concept art...

Dukefire

Smash Master
I know that she will get those stuff again, but at least let the minds brace themselves again when they appear.

Its always there for every character and you can't avoid them. :confused:

Artist: The-Gamer-Within
True_story_by_The-Gamer-Within.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I know that she will get those stuff again, but at least let the minds brace themselves again when they appear.

View attachment 202262
this shows her reveal for Smash Ultimate DLC, but take both pic's reaction and multiply them to 10th power.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 202262
Rule 34 is ruthless. While looking up Noob Saibot's return to Mortal Kombat I came across a picture of him and his shadow Eiffel Towering Scorpion. If you can sexualize ninjas who only expose their eyes and fists, no one is safe.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Rule 34 is ruthless. While looking up Noob Saibot's return to Mortal Kombat I came across a picture of him and his shadow Eiffel Towering Scorpion. If you can sexualize ninjas who only expose their eyes and fists, no one is safe.
I mean, the whole point of Rule 34 is that it doesn't matter what the subject matter is. Someone out there will want it and someone will also make it regardless of how much sense it makes to anyone else.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Somehow, we live in a timeline where Hyper Light Drifter gets a TV show deal before Shantae.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/hyper_light_drifter_is_getting_its_own_tv_show_from_the_producer_of_netflixs_Castlevania

Is that game popular enough to justify it? Or maybe the lore wasn't detailed enough. In any case, I could see them take the Samurai Jack route.

I'll leave this artwork for tonight

Artist: pedrocorreia
View attachment 202370
This is rather nice, I did miss seeing her pants being translucent.

View attachment 202262
Well, you know the Internet law about anything having that, no exceptions. Especially if the IP in question makes it easier.

Although from what I've heard Cross Ange didn't really get much since it didn't leave much to the imagination as is...

Last edited:
Top Bottom