• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, here is the new IP Yacht Club was working on.

Has a lot to do with Ninja Gaiden and Shinobi style.
>it's a ninja game

YES. Called it! I so freaking knew it! And I actually HEARD of Cyber Shadow months ago, but I never actually thought that Yacht Club would end up publishing it. Didn't expect it to end up with a Switch version so soon either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

But boy, so much has happened these last few days, hasn't it?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That banjo rumor about playtonic that Billy covered, we sure that was debunked? because they seem to keep teasing more and more for april first. could be an april fools thing yes, but still. That 1 4chan rumor only Laxchris talked about seems the most legit due to being right about a new shantae game coming. Plus I can see both Banjo and steve making it along with Shantae and a Bravely default character. The later because... SE is very odd and maybe just cannot get the rights to DQ
Crap, I forgot about April 1st being soon.

Well, I'll start taking bets on whether they'll do a new Homestar Runner this year.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wayforward makes a fake smash trailer and its for cat girl without salad instead of shantae

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dunno if im glad or not glad that you broke the veggie train.

Also, cat girl w/o salad and shantae could do a crossover.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
It seems the leaker that "leaked" the April 11 Nintendo Direct has new information. Take it with a truckload of salt.

UPDATE: It seems the leaker made a mistake. He stated that a new Shantae game(the one we know as Shantae 5) would be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch coming this year. Oh well.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It seems the leaker that "leaked" the April 11 Nintendo Direct has new information. Take it with a truckload of salt.

UPDATE: It seems the leaker made a mistake. He stated that a new Shantae game(the one we know as Shantae 5) would be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch coming this year. Oh well.
LaxChris is nothing but a person who latches onto a 4chan text leak and reports on it as being “real”

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, this thread is number 3 in terms of replies, just behind Isaac and Geno.

Shantae is the top Non-RPG character in terms of conversation.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
LaxChris is nothing but a person who latches onto a 4chan text leak and reports on it as being “real”
Well he doesn't really believe any leaks is real. He always gives us the old "take it with a grain a salt" after all.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Yeahs its not exclusive at all. still, fun seeing more "leaks" with shantae. Shows she is popular enough to try for click baits

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I think I can understand why there's been so many announcements recently, the companies wouldn't want to be caught off guard by announcing on April Fools day by accident and have people think it's a joke, so they're unloading asap.

I dunno if im glad or not glad that you broke the veggie train.

Also, cat girl w/o salad and shantae could do a crossover.
As long as it's not on Humble Bundle, I'd be game for it.

Also, Cat Girl with Extra Onions.

Well he doesn't really believe any leaks is real. He always gives us the old "take it with a grain a salt" after all.
Yeah. The real reason is so he can get all them views, subscribers and cash.

Seriously, it's a sad day when he's the only active leaker left besides Polar (who is actually GOOD and can keep a secret, unlike Sir Blabs-A-Lot).

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know, I think I can understand why there's been so many announcements recently, the companies wouldn't want to be caught off guard by announcing on April Fools day by accident and have people think it's a joke, so they're unloading asap.

As long as it's not on Humble Bundle, I'd be game for it.

Also, Cat Girl with Extra Onions.

Yeah. The real reason is so he can get all them views, subscribers and cash.

Seriously, it's a sad day when he's the only active leaker left besides Polar (who is actually GOOD and can keep a secret, unlike Sir Blabs-A-Lot).
Everyone else: Unload before April Fools
Nintendo: 2015 Direct April fools day.

Different strokes for different folks

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Everyone else: Unload before April Fools
Nintendo: 2015 Direct April fools day.

Different strokes for different folks
That sounds like a thing Nintendo would do.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
AlphaStoutland made a video on Shantae 5

This has been said many times, but it cannot be done so enough: it is striking to see how this series grown in all of these from a little cult game some hardcore Nintendo fans enjoyed, to a highly respected indie that releases everywhere and frankly blurs the definition of such. But even with all of this exposure and progress, no one, be they Wayforward, Smash supporter or die-hard Shantae fan, will ever forget her roots as a Nintendo exclusive.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That sounds like a thing Nintendo would do.
Honestly I wouldn't mind, Joker thread needs to have something they'll never see coming seeing as early month Direct expectations are rock-bottom right now.

Although I doubt we'd get a Direct that early, when one on the first day of a month never happened, to my knowledge.

Well, here's the truck.

Actually, I don't even think this can hold all of the salt that's needed here, I'm probably gonna need 20 more of these! No, maybe 50...
Nah, you're not thinking big enough, we need a whole mine.

5730c9e852bcd029008c1bdb-1136-909.jpg

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
This has been said many times, but it cannot be done so enough: it is striking to see how this series grown in all of these from a little cult game some hardcore Nintendo fans enjoyed, to a highly respected indie that releases everywhere and frankly blurs the definition of such. But even with all of this exposure and progress, no one, be they Wayforward, Smash supporter or die-hard Shantae fan, will ever forget her roots as a Nintendo exclusive.
I couldn't have said it better then myself. Its amazing how much a little half genie girl has come. Have a toast to you.

Now have a new shantae fan picture!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dukefire

Smash Master
Lets see.....
The wall is salt
The floor is salt
The ceiling is salt
And even the air we breathe is salt.

I think that is perfect.

Top Bottom