• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well most people I know found out about her when we were all hype that a studio was making a REAL game for the DSiWare. Then again, we were all younger way back then.
Not gonna lie, it would be pretty tough to hear of the game if one didn't have Nintendo Power or found out news of the announcement on the net back then. Nice article tho.

Casual shantae is quite cute
All of my yes. It's one of my favorite art pieces, too.

A new gameplay preview of Shovel Knight's version of Smash Bros from PAX 2019 East.
It amuses me how they somehow lacked enough characters for an evenly-arranged roster, so they stuck a regular enemy in. That being said, seems cool, I am glad they're giving it a standalone release (and the item that turns you into a pixie sure is an unexpected surprise).

Also, the absolute madmen included that dancing theme as the designated song for when time's running out.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Alright a small prediction,

When are we going to get a preview of Shantae 5's gameplay and title reveal?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It amuses me how they somehow lacked enough characters for an evenly-arranged roster, so they stuck a regular enemy in. That being said, seems cool, I am glad they're giving it a standalone release (and the item that turns you into a pixie sure is an unexpected surprise).

Also, the absolute madmen included that dancing theme as the designated song for when time's running out.
Piranha Plant proves all you need to do to make a mook playable is mash all their variants together.

Alright a small prediction,

When are we going to get a preview of Shantae 5's gameplay and title reveal?
E3. At the gaming conference they can announce the multiplatform game on their own terms. Can't count on Nintendo doing that unless they've got exclusive content lined up for the Switch version.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Here's something, we've all looked up threads, message boards and youtubers discussing third party predictions for Smash Ultimate DLC, do you think Shantae's chances are slept on by a LOT of people? Im subscribed to a number of smash discussers on Youtube and most of them dont even bring her up in videos talking about this stuff.

For those who recognize these names:
Imagine Delzethin, Arlo, Etika, Bond of Games, and SomecallmeJohnny's reactions to Shantae of all characters being revealed. Source Gaming and GameXplain to name some more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just beat Shantae & the Pirate's Curse. It's a great game and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Writing's humorous, controls are smooth and simple, soundtrack is amazing, and it typically did well on not wasting my time. Only real negatives that got in the way were the constant backtracking to the palace before you got Risky's Boots and the level before the final boss.

Otherwise, put me down as a supporter. I heard Shantae 5 got announced a couple days ago so I hope it maintains this well-crafted Metroidvania style.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just beat Shantae & the Pirate's Curse. It's a great game and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Writing's humorous, controls are smooth and simple, soundtrack is amazing, and it typically did well on not wasting my time. Only real negatives that got in the way were the constant backtracking to the palace before you got Risky's Boots and the level before the final boss.

Otherwise, put me down as a supporter. I heard Shantae 5 got announced a couple days ago so I hope it maintains this well-crafted Metroidvania style.
Glad to have you on board dude!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

fun fact you can skip most of the final level before the final boss through movement tech.

D

Deleted member

fun fact you can skip most of the final level before the final boss through movement tech.
Damn. That would have been great to know in retrospect. Figured too because you have so many ways to travel through the game by the time you get the cannon. It feels great.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Damn. That would have been great to know in retrospect. Figured too because you have so many ways to travel through the game by the time you get the cannon. It feels great.
As much as I loved Pirate's Curse, that last level can rot. I've never been a fan of spikes, and instant death just sucks. Of course, it's not instant death like in Megaman but it's still really annoying. I knew there was a way to skip the last part of the game the second time I played all the way through it with my friend watching. We just spent the next 30 mins or so messing around with jumping n such, was funner than actually playing the final level.

Speaking of which, we also did a glitch to try to get to the top of the tower which Shantae kinda phases through the wall and shoots up, but we only got it to work once and we instead got stuck in it and had to turn off the game. I saved a video of it on my Switch too.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
As much as I loved Pirate's Curse, that last level can rot. I've never been a fan of spikes, and instant death just sucks. Of course, it's not instant death like in Megaman but it's still really annoying. I knew there was a way to skip the last part of the game the second time I played all the way through it with my friend watching. We just spent the next 30 mins or so messing around with jumping n such, was funner than actually playing the final level.

Speaking of which, we also did a glitch to try to get to the top of the tower which Shantae kinda phases through the wall and shoots up, but we only got it to work once and we instead got stuck in it and had to turn off the game. I saved a video of it on my Switch too.
Never been a fan of speedrunning any game I play TBH. Too frustrating to getting that best time.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Never been a fan of speedrunning any game I play TBH. Too frustrating to getting that best time.
I've never really been a fan of it myself, other than Metroid games. I just like goofy things, and if it helps me get past something annoying, than it's more welcome in my books.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, lets see what WF has in store for us soon with (Not Final Title) Shantae 5.
We don't know when, but we can give a guess for E3 coming in 3 months away.
For now, Joker will be coming somewhere in April with version 3.0 behind him.
Screenshot_20190330-155742_YouTube.jpg

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yet it still makes more sense than Waluigi X :ultdaisy:
Anyone with Waluigi doesn't make sense. Not a slight against him as a character, but his whole thing is that he is seen as a loser from everyone in universe and it doesn't help much that his entire existence is predicated on him existing to hate Luigi.

Now Shantae/Daisy? I could see that happening. And even tho i despise the practice of making couple names, I will now dub it "Shantaisy"

D

Deleted member

Anyone with Waluigi doesn't make sense. Not a slight against him as a character, but his whole thing is that he is seen as a loser from everyone in universe and it doesn't help much that his entire existence is predicated on him existing to hate Luigi.

Now Shantae/Daisy? I could see that happening. And even tho i despise the practice of making couple names, I will now dub it "Shantaisy"
I love it

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Wow thats a sick render. Might just have to get a joker amiibo even if im trash at him.

Side note, my post last night got cut off, but i feel like theres going to be a one more thing instance in the reveal trailer 5. That one more thing is going to be a beam a light.
I too am curious as to why you feel something so specific will happen.

Either way there will definitely be a "one more thing" or tease at the end. 3.0 is a pretty big jump which means they have been working on a lot. I am sure we will get word on at least who the second DLC member is just to further entice people to buy the full pass.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Either way there will definitely be a "one more thing" or tease at the end. 3.0 is a pretty big jump which means they have been working on a lot. I am sure we will get word on at least who the second DLC member is just to further entice people to buy the full pass.
Yeah I am pretty sure we'll get a one more thing

"Dylly's Rotty of the Day™"
Thats one nice Rotty

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well guys, April Fools Day is tomorrow and you what that means.....

Also, Best Buy has leaked the render for Joker.
Screenshot_20190331-105822_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

I just have this feeling in my gut. It probably isnt going to be what I said, but i feel like there is going to be an extra thing in there.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I still want to know if anyone will be interacting with Daisy in the character banner, or if she's actually just insane.

If Joker will be added onto it, then I'll expect someone to show up next to her (unless it'd be him.)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I still want to know if anyone will be interacting with Daisy in the character banner, or if she's actually just insane.

If Joker will be added onto it, then I'll expect someone to show up next to her (unless it'd be him.)
It all comes down to if Joker gets added somewhere. Regardless of what folks say, I think it's pretty clear that PP was planned for the base roster before time restraints push it back and they decided to say that it was an early adopter bonus.

That said, I think PP being in the mural doesn't guarantee DLC Fighters a spot up there. If Joker is added then they all will, but until then we can't be sure.

But yeah, if the DLC 5 are added to the mural, someone reacting or interacting with Daisy seems like a given considering how it really looks like she is looking at and hip-bumping someone.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It all comes down to if Joker gets added somewhere. Regardless of what folks say, I think it's pretty clear that PP was planned for the base roster before time restraints push it back and they decided to say that it was an early adopter bonus.

That said, I think PP being in the mural doesn't guarantee DLC Fighters a spot up there. If Joker is added then they all will, but until then we can't be sure.

But yeah, if the DLC 5 are added to the mural, someone reacting or interacting with Daisy seems like a given considering how it really looks like she is looking at and hip-bumping someone.
The dang thing can be edited in photoshop, it'd be pure incompetence to leave a lot of dead air for no reason beyond base game privileges.

zferolie

Smash Hero

I really think the first 5 will be added to the mural at least. Any others I am not sure though

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All this talk of "one more thing" reminds me of Jackie Chan adventures

Top Bottom