• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man, it's crazy to think it's was that recent, the drought feels like it's been so much longer than that... That's another reason why I feel the banner leak can;t be real. I mean if they had that many characters left to reveal, why wouldn't they show us one or two in October?
Thank you. That's something that Team Real never talks about, to believe this leak is real you have to disregard Sakurai's own words to fit the narrative. He specifically mentioned how they went overboard with the 8.8 Direct which is the very reason we have this drought in the first place, if there were 7 characters left what would be the point in not showing any of them in July or October (the 2 dry months)?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I mean, we can’t really do said seizing with a good chunk of us all the way over here in the states, but BE WARNED that next time there’s gonna be...nothing we can do about it as well.
Oh, well that's very convenient for me then. Thanks.
Dying from diabetes thanks to Wwlink55 Wwlink55 constantly posting all these adorable fan arts. :p
Oh, well may you rest in peace, my friend. :(

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo president had some financial briefing and mentioned that all games for this year are already announced so i kind of doubt we're getting a general direct this year...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thank you. That's something that Team Real never talks about, to believe this leak is real you have to disregard Sakurai's own words to fit the narrative. He specifically mentioned how they went overboard with the 8.8 Direct which is the very reason we have this drought in the first place, if there were 7 characters left what would be the point in not showing any of them in July or October (the 2 dry months)?
Yet one of the insiders has his career put in jeopardy due to lifting the lid on said leak, so it's difficult to see what the truth is anymore.

Nintendo president had some financial briefing and mentioned that all games for this year are already announced so i kind of doubt we're getting a general direct this year...
Well, that's one theory debunked. All that's left now is to see if a Smash Direct happens this week or the next one.

One of the kittens I told you about finally died and I couldn't stop crying oof.
As a cat enthusiast myself, my condolences.

zferolie

Smash Hero
not sure if anyone here posted this but the twitter user stealth who has been right about leaks for other stuff posted this

Also seems like by the time this direct finishes the leak will be dead. We shall see. I wouldn't mind it being real or fake honestly. If it is fake I REALLY want to hear how the person created this leak.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
not sure if anyone here posted this but the twitter user stealth who has been right about leaks for other stuff posted this

Also seems like by the time this direct finishes the leak will be dead. We shall see. I wouldn't mind it being real or fake honestly. If it is fake I REALLY want to hear how the person created this leak.
It's not the first time a leaker will say something like this, and it won't be the last. When I can actually see real evidence from these leakers that it is fake other than trusting there word, then I will listen more closely. All we can do is wait for the next direct.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's not the first time a leaker will say something like this, and it won't be the last. When I can actually see real evidence from these leakers that it is fake other than trusting there word, then I will listen more closely. All we can do is wait for the next direct.
I have a feeling these guys can't say anything more then that. Either way, we will get our final answer about this leak in the next 2 days.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Oh god! (Maybe they were referring to the treehouse event idk) But yeah from here on out all new leaks until the direct happens are FAR MORE PLAUSIBLE!!!

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
The day of reckoning will soon be upon us.

Remember people, if she doesn't get in it's not over.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
This is earlier than I expected. At the very least, we'll know in just two days if this damn Grinch leak is true or not. I hate how it's ripped the Smash Bros community in half.

We should also know about Shantae's status. I'm still hoping for base roster or DLC. Her potential would be wasted as an assist trophy. Also remember, if she's not shown at all, she still has potential as DLC down the road. It's not over until Sakurai says so.

Last edited:

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
So, best case scenario: Shantae is in base and Grinch leak was a fabrication.

2nd best case: Grinch leak is true and Shantae isn't revealed as an Assist. Means there is a whole lot less competition for the DLC slot.

3rd best case: Assist. At least she's in.

Worse cast: not present as assist and not revealed down the line as DLC. In this case, WayForward, you got some 'splainin' to do.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
This is it.... The final smash direct is going to reveal everything. Alright guys, Let's all prepare ourselves for whats coming. This felt so good to see after going without news for so long. :')

Dukefire

Smash Master
9258225d8334262-a-nw-p.jpg

ITS TIME FOR THE NEXT MOVE TO HAPPEN.

GET READY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

FRIENDS TO THE END.

Lets see where does the invitation go to. Good luck and prepare.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Oh god, that's horrible. I'm so terribly sorry, to hear that. *hugs*

This is going to be one depressing day.
Thank you.I stayed home just because.
Yet one of the insiders has his career put in jeopardy due to lifting the lid on said leak, so it's difficult to see what the truth is anymore.

Well, that's one theory debunked. All that's left now is to see if a Smash Direct happens this week or the next one.

As a cat enthusiast myself, my condolences.
Thank you too.

Also oh my golly a direct is coming

NukeA6

Smash Master
Worse cast: not present as assist and not revealed down the line as DLC. In this case, WayForward, you got some 'splainin' to do.
Worse case is just Ken and Incineroar. Not that I believe that crap. 40 minutes for just two characters and Spirits? You'd have to be foolish to believe that. I'm just gonna say it right now: Incineroar is DECONFIRMED!

Dukefire

Smash Master
This will be my avatar pic for today and tomorrow.

Artist: JasonBlade

HAPPY HALLOWEEN YOU MORTAL FOOLS.
Merasmus
Skullgirls_Shantae_by_JaysonBlade.jpg

D

Deleted member

Well I need someone to post this on Twitter what I will say dose anyone have a twitter account? It’s urgent:(
PLEASE!!! ITS URGENT!!!

NukeA6 NukeA6 so that the shantae fan base doesn’t end up toxic like waluigi and Ashley it’s a warning I need someone to send to the shantae supporters:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom