• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
That may actually make people hate Shantae even more. People want this leak to be real, if it's fake the character that disproved it will be considered the worst.
That's exactly what would happen let's not fool ourselves. They'll irrationally blame anything that doesn't give them their dream roster. We should already be prepared for that inevitability (if she gets in base of course).

I'm a guy that loved the Star Wars Prequels during the 2000's (and still do). Loved Force Awakens and the Last Jedi. Isn't a huge fan of the Witcher 3 that much, and for whom Chrom was the most hype part of the August Direct. Having to put up with people for having unpopular opinions just doesn't phase me anymore. No matter how many assholes are gonna scream down our throats if Shantae deconfirms the Grinch, just laugh it off because we all know that Shantae would be the hypest **** ever.

I mean, people being irrational with their Smash rage hasn't hurt the Fire Emblem series at all. If Shantae comes out and disproves this leak, some will rage. And some of them will lose their rage when the character from the leak they liked still gets in (likely Isaac or Geno) And the rest will enjoy the game because most everyone they wanted was already in.

Shatae being in Smash will still help her series far more. Even if it comes with a little hate from some people, it will still garner more exposure to others who didn't know who she was and liked how she played in Smash.

Do I think she will be the next one revealed, no, not exactly. But if they wanted to reveal someone who wouldn't confirm the banner leak they don't have many other characters I can think of. Dixie, a pokemon or Shantae as all the other likely candidates are included in the banner.
Exactly. SmashBoards is not the whole world it is only a subsection of the broader Nintendo fanbase. No matter how much they screech that's not going to affect Shantae negatively at all.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
https://gamingintel.com/nintendo/switch/leak-new-nintendo-direct-information-for-november-2018/

We could be getting 2 directs in November. Could be either normal Nintendo directs or Smash directs, or a combination of the two.

First one could be announced as early as tomorrow morning/afternoon, since it is supposedly happening later this week.

Personally, im going whole hog and betting both of Smash directs due to how much content we need to learn about. Don't forget that we STILL know nothing about that one game mode on the main menu.

Also...im hoping that, if im wrong, the Smash direct is first at least so we can get out of this information drought.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Are you talking about Corrin? I have no idea, how anyone could ever get mad about her. :sadeyes:
And yet, they did. Her and Lucina got a lot of unfair hate for being another FE sword fighter, but FE is still doing fine. Tho I doubt we will get anymore of them in Smash for a while (too bad too because i would love to have Tiki in Smash)

Anyway, according to those guys linked above, the current rumor is two Nintendo Directs in November, the first being sometime this week.

Oh, :ultgreninja:'d on that last part...

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
https://gamingintel.com/nintendo/switch/leak-new-nintendo-direct-information-for-november-2018/

We could be getting 2 directs in November. Could be either normal Nintendo directs or Smash directs, or a combination of the two.

First one could be announced as early as tomorrow morning/afternoon, since it is supposedly happening later this week.

Personally, im going whole hog and betting both of Smash directs due to how much content we need to learn about. Don't forget that we STILL know nothing about that one game mode on the main menu.
I want, no need, this grinch leak to end. So two directs or not, one of them needs to either confirm it or disprove it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Also...im hoping that, if im wrong, the Smash direct is first at least so we can get out of this information drought.
"Tuesday October 30th, 2018 or Wednesday October 31st, 2018 "
Soo, I guess I'm not going to hold out, lol. Sleep beckons.

~

As for the rage that might come regarding the roster reveal, I still think there are ways they can do it that wont result in too much hate. We'll cope in whatever case, but I do hope they use a good route. Some people hold onto it, and hate bandwagons suck. I dont want to keep hearing distasteful stuff each time I use a character or something.
But that's just voicing my concerns. I'll take whatever they give, especially if it deconfirms the leak and shows characters we like :)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean, people being irrational with their Smash rage hasn't hurt the Fire Emblem series at all. If Shantae comes out and disproves this leak, some will rage. And some of them will lose their rage when the character from the leak they liked still gets in (likely Isaac or Geno) And the rest will enjoy the game because most everyone they wanted was already in.

Shatae being in Smash will still help her series far more. Even if it comes with a little hate from some people, it will still garner more exposure to others who didn't know who she was and liked how she played in Smash.

Do I think she will be the next one revealed, no, not exactly. But if they wanted to reveal someone who wouldn't confirm the banner leak they don't have many other characters I can think of. Dixie, a pokemon or Shantae as all the other likely candidates are included in the banner.
Agreed, it’s their problem if they want to rage about a character like her making it in. The recognition Smash will give her will far outweigh any whiny complaints along the way. And all those characters have a decent shot of making it in without the banner leak

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
And yet, they did. Her and Lucina got a lot of unfair hate for being another FE sword fighter, but FE is still doing fine. Tho I doubt we will get anymore of them in Smash for a while (too bad too because i would love to have Tiki in Smash)
But they're so cute. :(
Oh well.
just laugh it off because we all know that Shantae would be the hypest **** ever.
"We all know..."

Why did you make that statement, all encompassing? You know, Shantae would not be the "hypest **** ever" for me. Are you disregarding me?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But they're so cute. :(
Oh well.

"We all know..."

Why did you make that statement, all encompassing? You know, Shantae would not be the "hypest **** ever" for me. Are you disregarding me?
Well, considering that you need shantae in in order for rottytops to have a place there, it should be pretty darn hype ;)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean at least characters like Tiki would probably be more welcome for being more unique than the other FE characters.

Are you talking about Corrin? I have no idea how anyone could ever get mad at her. :sadeyes:
There was more initial hate for both. I’ve seen more hate for M Corrin now than F Corrin. Yeah I love F Corrin but I can’t hate M Corrin, I have such a soft spot for Cam Clarke, and to his credit I think he’s gotten better as Corrin in recent games.

D

Deleted member

I mean at least characters like Tiki would probably be more welcome for being more unique than the other FE characters.

There was more initial hate for both. I’ve seen more hate for M Corrin now than F Corrin. Yeah I love F Corrin but I can’t hate M Corrin, I have such a soft spot for Cam Clarke, and to his credit I think he’s gotten better as Corrin in recent games.
Why hate corn? I played him and he’s great

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

I don't know, I mean aside from having a sword, Corrin was drastically different from the other FE characters and people still rabbled. Even if Tiki was revealed and she was completely different (even not having a counter like every other FE) she would still get hate.

Anyway, if there are indeed two directs, I would say the one this week would be a general and the one later would be a Smash dedicated direct. Either way, we will get a reveal in the first one.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So, regarding Smash rage. I mean, it won't affect me, it won't affect Shantae... so there's no point in whinging about it. The only way it could ever get to me, is if I start getting harassed for my love of Rottytops, again. Otherwise, I'm fine.
Well, considering that you need shantae in in order for rottytops to have a place there, it should be pretty darn hype ;)
Alright, mom, you got me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Like I said I don’t, but they were initially hated cause as the only new first-party DLC for 4, they were seen as promotional for a yet to be released worldwide game for a series people complained as over represented, now it seems more hate is directed at F Corrin not being the default as she’s more popular

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Cause people needed to jerk off their hateboner when they got in to help advertise their game as opposed to being a fan-favorite. Add in the numerous other FE reps and their very...cotroversial character in FE: Fates (probably the worst written FE game in the whole franchise) to put it lightly and you have a perfect cocktail of rage and hate.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, regarding Smash rage. I mean, it won't affect me, it won't affect Shantae... so there's no point in whinging about it. The only way it could ever get to me, is if I start getting harassed for my love of Rottytops, again. Otherwise, I'm fine.

Alright, mom, you got me.
Well, it'll affect this thread some, and discussion in the community. The isabelle thread got a few crazy hateful people in it when she was revealed, and one person in particular practically threatened and was insulting. And that was with only 1 month of waiting. This time it's longer, and there's a big leak that got everyone riled up. And it's not isabelle.
All I'm saying is that if shantae gets revealed, there'll be lots of celebrating people, but also get ready to report a few posts. :)

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Anyway, speaking of Cam Clarke and potentially relaying this back to Shantae, I know I brought this up before but anyone else think his Arthur voice from Fates would be perfect for this buff loser?

View attachment 173593
Did anyone else wonder if Branson was Ammo Baron's son? I mean there are many square jawed Cyclopsi in Sequin Land...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Did anyone else wonder if Branson was Ammo Baron's son? I mean there are many square jawed Cyclopsi in Sequin Land...
I didn’t think Ammo Baron looked that old, maybe Brandon’s a younger brother or cousin?

Though since I have Patrick Seitz in mind for Ammo Baron, the thought that Seitz could play the father to someone who’s voice actor is 20 years older than them does amuse me

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright, that's it for me. Let's look forward to some newss pretty soon. Gonna see what it looks like in the morning.

G'night.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I didn’t think Ammo Baron looked that old, maybe Brandon’s a younger brother or cousin?
But, wait, what about Ammo Baron's grandfather...

The Hexer, why of course!
Alright, that's it for me. Let's look forward to some newss pretty soon. Gonna see what it looks like in the morning.

G'night.

Rest well, Teeb. Goodnight, mommy. :)

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Good morning all. So how is our favorite crew on this Hype Ship?

zferolie

Smash Hero

I can easily see both directs being smashed focused. this weeks being a longer one and the one at the end of november a shorter 50 fact like one that maybe shows characters not in the banner

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I sure hope we get an announcement regarding a direct tomorrow. Something tells me this news drought is almost about to end after we got NOTHING in October besides a couple hints here and there. Hope your ready shantae crew. It’s gonna be a hell of a ride!

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, speaking of Cam Clarke and potentially relaying this back to Shantae, I know I brought this up before but anyone else think his Arthur voice from Fates would be perfect for this buff loser?

View attachment 173593
Loser??? I'm sorry friend, you have it all wrong. I'm an excellent role model.
Brndn.png

HEEEEEYYYYYYYY GUYYYYYYS, we should go get matching purses... No reason they should just for ladies anymore am I right, hey fellas don't leave, fellas come baaaaaAAACK!!
1 point for me looks like...
0.jpg
also found a cute Halloween picture a day before Halloween
game_over__by_gizmo01-dbfgfcj.jpg

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I sure hope we get an announcement regarding a direct tomorrow. Something tells me this news drought is almost about to end after we got NOTHING in October besides a couple hints here and there. Hope your ready shantae crew. It’s gonna be a hell of a ride!
Man, it's crazy to think it's was that recent, the drought feels like it's been so much longer than that... That's another reason why I feel the banner leak can;t be real. I mean if they had that many characters left to reveal, why wouldn't they show us one or two in October?

Top Bottom