• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
We got 20,000 replies before Isaac's thread could hit 700 pages, or the Geno thread could hit 10,000 replies.

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
Hey all! Are you planning on getting the game physical or digital (and what are your reasons for swaying one way or the other)?
both. i myself am buying a digital copy just so i don't have to wait too long to play, but my brother aims to collect every physically released switch game, so he wants the physical copy.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I mean, we wouldn't have 20,000 replies without a dedicated fanbase

Speaking of that.... AWESOME!

Just for reference...it was only about 16000 as of my join date.
My first post was post #5361 back in August of 2015. Back in the Wii U days haha.

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ryan, do you plan on making a new Shantae video soon?
I'm pretty sure I will eventually get around to making more videos! I was planning to wait until after the inevitable final direct and either go crazy if she's revealed in base or start speculation for a DLC spot. I think more important now in this last direct (which I'm pinning around November 8th), is that Shantae survives the last assist trophy reel. Because, if she does that, I think she's as good as gold.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why people like to kink shame Shantae. Anyone who's played her games knows she's actually the biggest cinnamon roll who's more of a fun loving kid at heart. Each time I hear her say"Oh yeah!" I die of cuteness overload.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don't know why people like to kink shame Shantae. Anyone who's played her games knows she's actually the biggest cinnamon roll who's more of a fun loving kid at heart. Each time I hear her say"Oh yeah!" I die of cuteness overload.
Man you know you’re horrible when even Holly is above kink-shaming Shantae. But yeah I agree, granted it probably doesn’t mean much considering I have a ton of fictional characters I want to hug but Shantae is definitely in the top 5

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
She is just full of charm and cuteness. :3

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Do you guys wonder if shantae is more likely for base or the first wave of dlc at this point?

Do you guys wonder if shantae is more likely for base or the first wave of dlc at this point?
If I had to place a bet, I'd put my chips on base roster. I don't believe the Grinch Leak and I really don't think they're gonna work on dlc until a while after the game releases, it just doesn't mesh with Sakurai's desire to make this the ULTIMATE Smash Bros and I can imagine he'd sooner delay the game than shelf certain things to charge people extra for later. I could be wrong but only time will tell.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's rather odd considering that Risky and even Rottytops have less shame about showing skin than she does.

First DLC. Not special enough to help sell the base game by itself, but just enough to encourage the hardcore players that want DLC.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Truth.

So, what will happen first, the confirmation of Shantae in Smash, or a release date announcement for the Udon artbook? For the latter I don't even know anymore.
I'm thinking it might be Shantae's... I'll just say, confirmation in Smash, first. The artbook's release date, could even be announced after the end of this year, maybe.

Actually, I know almost nothing about that book. How will it be released exactly? Will it only be in limited quantities? Where'll it be bought?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I’m curious to know what made you bring something like that up
It was previously said it may be released in 2018, but after a recent event, doesn't seem like it'll necessarily be that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0g3TCARGHw

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-art-of-shantae-announced-for-2018-release/

Both the release date and the possibility of Shantae in Smash are uncertain and unknown.

Besides, Sky's art you posted reminded me about the artbook, so. :p

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I went back to page 50 to see how long it took us to go from page 50 to 500 and the posts were from August 25th.

We've gotten 450 pages and 18,000 posts in a little over 2 months.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ohhh, here she comes,
D888FFFC-7BC2-4FEF-85EE-6DEEC81FB707.jpeg

Watch out folks, she’ll chew you up!
A5048D8F-D1FF-4572-908A-9952E85606ED.gif

Ohhh, here she comes,
F285E2E4-5222-469C-A0FA-4BC3A6C445CF.png

She’s a BRAAAIN-EATER!!
FC33D075-343F-4208-AEAD-0770D059943E.gif

Slow day at work as you can tell, just needed to get out of my system, and I figured some of y’all would appreciate that.

Top Bottom