• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I'm just wondering : do you guys want the leak to be true or not ?

In my case, I'm a bit torn because Shantae's nowhere to be seen in it but at the same time, moving all these big names from her way for a potential DLC run seems pretty appealing...
I'm torn. On one hand I don't want it to be real as it lacks Shantae and really none of the newcomers on it interest me. Plus I'd rather not have a good chunk of the next direct spoiled. Plus if Shantae is DLC assuming it's real then that means we have to wait and that Shantae will likely not play any role in any potential story mode.

On the other hand if it's not real, then that opens up the possibility of Shantae being base, but if it's not real and she's not base then that means she has to contend for DLC alongside Isaac, Banjo, and Geno.

Of course there's the third option of it being true but not the final base roster, but that seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Did we talk about Snake's codec, Pit's guidance, or Foxes transmission for Shantae?
They were talking about it on the Banana Dee thread and I didn't know if we did.
what do you all think would be said for our lady in red?
I do believe we discussed the idea of Snake's codec for Shantae. Believe it had Snake communicating with Risky Boots, though the specifics are lost on me.

In my case, I'm a bit torn because Shantae's nowhere to be seen in it but at the same time, moving all these big names from her way for a potential DLC run seems pretty appealing...
I would like it to be true for the simple reason of "the more, the merrier." I just don't really care for 5/7 of them (Isaac and B&K being the two).

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
On the plus side, it being real would weed out space for DLC covering
Expected echoes, multiple longtime fan wants and even the Smash 4 Rhythm Heaven rep and traditional classic Nintendo rep weren't left out!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Grats on 500 pages. Anyways, a factor that a lot of people often forget is that ATs tend to always be different in terms of function and aren't repeated. Given Alucard turns into a bat and Shantae's transformation dances/magic are similar, I don't think she would be an AT.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Grats on 500 pages. Anyways, a factor that a lot of people often forget is that ATs tend to always be different in terms of function and aren't repeated. Given Alucard turns into a bat and Shantae's transformation dances/magic are similar, I don't think she would be an AT.
That was actually mentioned before, and I feel like it makes a lot of sense. I also think it would just be a waste of her moveset potential being just an AT.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Hey all! Are you planning on getting the game physical or digital (and what are your reasons for swaying one way or the other)?
Physical. A game just feels more real when you have a physical copy. In addition physical versions mean you aren't as dependent on servers.

Also my SD card is almost full. Can I just pop in a new one/transfer the files or is there a system in place to prevent this? Also, where are save files stored?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hey all! Are you planning on getting the game physical or digital (and what are your reasons for swaying one way or the other)?
I'll be going Physical. For me I prefer to get any game physical if possible. The only exception would be any game that you maybe only play for a few minutes each day. Like after New Leaf i decided i would probably get any Animal crossing game Digital.

Anyway, I have a discount membership with Best Buy where I get any new game purchase for 20% off, which in this case works with the bundle that comes with the pro controller. So yeah, Physical for me.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Unless they just have her use her hair whip attack repeatedly on opponents but this would be doing her character a great injustice given how she can do so much more than just that.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
FIVE HUNDRED PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man it has been a long time coming huh guys?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Going physical. Why? As awesome as it would be to be able to just go to the application and start it whenever I want... I want to save a little space.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm hearing that MarioTehPlumber made the Grinch leak.

I CAN'T confirm it just yet, but given that he has the resources to buy 100 Rosalina amiibos, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he commissioned this leak.
Lmao! I would be laughing hard if that was true, but I don't trust that guy at all he's a jerk and a troll. Plus, I don't think he's smart enough to come up with a leak that glorious.

Hey Ryan, do you plan on making a new Shantae video soon?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Unless they just have her use her hair whip attack repeatedly on opponents but this would doing her character a great injustice given how she can do so much more than just that.
True, but I doubt Sakurai would want her that basic.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice

I believe it's fake for the most part. I do believe Shadow and Ken would be echos but those poses it the leak look photoshoped. Having Banjo-Kazooie back would be amazing. I don't see Geno for a number of reasons. I personally think the 2nd Square rep should be Sora for "A" to promote Kingdom Hearts 3 and "B" Sora has appeared on Nintendo consoles in the past. Mach Rider and Crocus Kids look too fake. And Issac is a MAYBE.

Also the MASSIVE amount of hints for Shantae in Smash are all too real and massive that she must be in the base game.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I believe it's fake for the most part. I do believe Shadow and Ken would be echos but those poses it the leak look photoshoped. Having Banjo-Kazooie back would be amazing. I don't see Geno for a number of reasons. I personally think the 2nd Square rep should be Sora for "A" to promote Kingdom Hearts 3 and "B" Sora has appeared on Nintendo consoles in the past. Mach Rider and Crocus Kids look too fake. And Issac is a MAYBE.

Also the MASSIVE amount of hints for Shantae in Smash are all too real and massive that she must be in the base game.
I'm not so sure about the base game. It's entirely possible given how Jammies Mode only came out this summer was deliberately meant to hint at a DLC appearance for all we know.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Well for me I've been trying to stay die hard neutral between real and fake, but I was after a buddy of mine that shared me a clip from this years E3's with Phil Spencer talking about having lunch with The Nintendo Team, it made me leaned to team real, on a percent rate by ten percent.
I dont see how that proves anything.

Top Bottom