• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Hmm... there's rumors that were due for some Smash news within the next few hours. If anyone is interested, I'll forward any "info" that comes from it, especially if it mentions the best genie!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Awww that's awesome! So kwuute.

Here's something else to help warm any hearts <3
(I recommend going to the bigger size on twitter :))
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Here’s some more heartwarming stuff

I’m imagining this is the first thing Shantae would’ve done if she discovered she could turn into an elephant as a kid

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
In a few hours, really...
So we dont need spoilers for that :p

If it's true, that'll be awesome. but they say nintendo direct, not smash, so I wonder what it could be.

Suddenly its an indie direct and this chat goes ballistic.

Admit it. If thats the case we'll all start going nuts with anticipation.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Suddenly its an indie direct and this chat goes ballistic.

Admit it. If thats the case we'll all start going nuts with anticipation.
I mean, i suppose that could work ;p. I just dont think shantae should be the next character announced with all the emotions in the community, it'll go ballistic in another way :p (If she's in, she's in, and that's awesoome, just announce her after 2 or 3 others lol.)
I do hope it's a smash direct, but anything would be good :O

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They predicted the last direct, so that's a good sign for some news .
Everyone wants some news right now :)

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I mean, i suppose that could work ;p. I just dont think shantae should be the next character announced with all the emotions in the community, it'll go ballistic in another way :p (If she's in, she's in, and that's awesoome, just announce her after 2 or 3 others lol.)
I do hope it's a smash direct, but anything would be good :O
Right now, if Nintendo want's to preserve any kind of hype they need to announce someone who wasn't in the banner leak (that is if the banner was real) so people could go on thinking there would be surprises. If the banner was fake then they can announce anyne and as long as the art doesn;t match people can still go on expecting to be surprised.

Anyway, a Shantae announcement would nip this banner business in the bud pretty nicely.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Right now, if Nintendo want's to preserve any kind of hype they need to announce someone who wasn't in the banner leak (that is if the banner was real) so people could go on thinking there would be surprises. If the banner was fake then they can announce anyne and as long as the art doesn;t match people can still go on expecting to be surprised.

Anyway, a Shantae announcement would nip this banner business in the bud pretty nicely.

Shantae: Omae wa mou shindeiru

The Grinch: NANI!?

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Yes and I think the best case would be to announce 1 or 2 banner leak characters, and then a character totally unrelated to throw the trail off after it seems to be going that way, lol. (like Geno &/or Isaac, and then, oh I dunno, shantae :D)

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Hey guys. Congrats on 500 pages.

I just want to say I haven't stopped supporting Shantae. Just been taking a breather from the leak a bit (and quite busy with the real world stuff).

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Thing is though. If the positions of the characters on the banner match the leak. Well..... there's your confirmation. Unless they change that up too to throw us off the scent. *chuckle*

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Thing is though. If the positions of the characters on the banner match the leak. Well..... there's your confirmation. Unless they change that up too to throw us off the scent. *chuckle*
That's what I'm saying. If the banner leak was real then they need to reveal someone who wasn't in it (like maybe move the first DLC character up to base) or if the banner is fake they can reveal anyone. Then even if who they announce was in the leak it will be proven wrong when the art doesn't match.

But if they reveal one character with the same art as the banner they basically are admitting it was legit and the other 6 characters are spoiled.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
That's what I'm saying. If the banner leak was real then they need to reveal someone who wasn't in it (like maybe move the first DLC character up to base) or if the banner is fake they can reveal anyone. Then even if who they announce was in the leak it will be proven wrong when the art doesn't match.

But if they reveal one character with the same art as the banner they basically are admitting it was legit and the other 6 characters are spoiled.
Suddenly Shantae snaps the Grinch leak in half and becomes a massive meme in the Smash community, furthering her popularity to brand new heights.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Rottytops.

Nobody would expect it, nobody would be able to predict anything from there on out...
It would be perfect! :)

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Suddenly Shantae snaps the Grinch leak in half and becomes a massive meme in the Smash community, furthering her popularity to brand new heights.
That may actually make people hate Shantae even more. People want this leak to be real, if it's fake the character that disproved it will be considered the worst.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That may actually make people hate Shantae even more. People want this leak to be real, if it's fake the character that disproved it will be considered the worst.
I mean who’s to say some of those characters won’t still appear regardless if the leak is proven fake?
I think I agree with mango some, since people seem to have trouble directing their upsets. But I just want shantae regardless :)
It just depends what nintendo think is best to do after all this. I still think going with some banner leak characters and some that aren't would be a good way to both deconfirm it as well as appease people :)

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I mean, people being irrational with their Smash rage hasn't hurt the Fire Emblem series at all. If Shantae comes out and disproves this leak, some will rage. And some of them will lose their rage when the character from the leak they liked still gets in (likely Isaac or Geno) And the rest will enjoy the game because most everyone they wanted was already in.

Shatae being in Smash will still help her series far more. Even if it comes with a little hate from some people, it will still garner more exposure to others who didn't know who she was and liked how she played in Smash.

Do I think she will be the next one revealed, no, not exactly. But if they wanted to reveal someone who wouldn't confirm the banner leak they don't have many other characters I can think of. Dixie, a pokemon or Shantae as all the other likely candidates are included in the banner.

Top Bottom