• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
48 hours till the leak is dead or confirmed. Exciting times guys!

EDIT
Omygodomygod it's coming!

It says it's the FINAL direct? :O
Final direct focused on smash. we could still see a second direct that could have more smash info in it

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
A couple of things to consider. If the room decor conspiracy holds any water, the room should look different than during the last Direct. And if so, I would expect Shantae to close it out like K Rool did.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's finally happening that we get some information to see what is real and what is not.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
A couple of things to consider. If the room decor conspiracy holds any water, the room should look different than during the last Direct. And if so, I would expect Shantae to close it out like K Rool did.
To be honest, I think Shantae wouldn't close it. If there is going to be a closer, it'll almost certainly going to be Geno due to how long people have wanted him.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
48 hours till the leak is dead or confirmed. Exciting times guys!

EDIT

Final direct focused on smash. we could still see a second direct that could have more smash info in it
You're right, thank you for pointing that out.
At least there's the possibility.

So.. 40 minutes seems like maybe enough if there isn't a trailer for each character. Maybe it'll be like pumping a bunch of characters at once.
Well, I guess we dont know the real deal. But it's coming! :)

Swade

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I think Shantae wouldn't close it. If there is going to be a closer, it'll almost certainly going to be Geno due to how long people have wanted him.
I'm gonna get some hate for this one. I'm one of those guys that missed out on Super Mario RPG. So my desire for Geno isn't there, but that doesn't mean I don't like the guy at all. Meanwhile, I'm over here hoping for Banjo & Kazooie and Shantae to make it in.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINAL SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE DIRECT COMING IN TWO DAYS AT 10 AM EST(US TIME)

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Again dose anyone have a Twitter acount I need some one to post this
You really don't need to post anything, especially if you are barely able to tell us it here.

I'm gonna get some hate for this one. I'm one of those guys that missed out on Super Mario RPG. So my desire for Geno isn't there, but that doesn't mean I don't like the guy at all. Meanwhile, I'm over here hoping for Banjo & Kazooie and Shantae to make it in.
I've never played SMRPG either. I just know he's been a huge fan want for a looooong time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The treehouse afterwards! We'll probably see gameplay from a lot of characters finally! Now that's hype too.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wish Shantae luck on Thursday and hope she makes it in along with Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac.

Geno could definitely be the closer but if Banjo-Kazooie are in, they will definitely be the grand finale in the Direct.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
This is it guys. Our last chance. We KNOW Shantae is in Ultimate. But HOW she is in will be the question.

-Playable
-AT
-Trophy
-DLC

Place your bets folks for as Etika says "WE ARE ABOUT TO ENTER THE FREAKIN SUN BOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, yeah! That'll be really cool, definitely if there's Shantae. :grin:
Yeah, for the new characters but also I just want to see gameplay from all the characters we havent seen yet. We've only seen the demo build and one gameplay video with chrom and krool.

I want to see pichu, I want to see Isabelle, palutena, I want ... i wannt to seeee :D

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
This is it guys. Our last chance. We KNOW Shantae is in Ultimate. But HOW she is in will be the question.

-Playable
-AT
-Trophy
-DLC

Place your bets folks for as Etika says "WE ARE ABOUT TO ENTER THE FREAKIN SUN BOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Assist Trophy.... That nightmare.........

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we don't see her as an assist trophy, and WF is still silent, that's a pretty good indicator that she could be DLC

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
My anxiety is at an all-time time high! Cool things to help pass the time until the direct playing shantae, getting ready for halloween, car maintenance, fan fiction, voting (if you're American), and eating a tub of cookie dough ice cream (yum)!

...I plan on doing all of these!

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Assist Trophy.... That nightmare.........
I know, but my military training always have me picturing the worst case scenario(well second since my first is NOT EVEN A PART OF THE GAME IN GENERAL!!).
Can't wait to see what happens.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You're right, thank you for pointing that out.
At least there's the possibility.

So.. 40 minutes seems like maybe enough if there isn't a trailer for each character. Maybe it'll be like pumping a bunch of characters at once.
Well, I guess we dont know the real deal. But it's coming! :)
Yeah 40 minutes is a ton of time. easily could have multiple character reveal trailers, going into detail on the uniques, showing multiple echos, and give us more details about the other modes(spirits for sure) and It is possible that they may not show EVERY character, like 1 chracter or 2 could be saved for the end of whatever other direct is planned.

And with the treehouse after, most likely it will go into even more details about all the new characters, and going over other character changes most likely

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah 40 minutes is a ton of time. easily could have multiple character reveal trailers, going into detail on the uniques, showing multiple echos, and give us more details about the other modes(spirits for sure) and It is possible that they may not show EVERY character, like 1 chracter or 2 could be saved for the end of whatever other direct is planned.

And with the treehouse after, most likely it will go into even more details about all the new characters, and going over other character changes most likely
Yeah hopefully. Either way it's a glorious time, and I want to see what actually comes :)

I know it may be hoping for much, but maybe they save one character reveal for at the end of the treehouse? I dont think it's that farfetched.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah hopefully. Either way it's a glorious time, and I want to see what actually comes :)

I know it may be hoping for much, but maybe they save one character reveal for at the end of the treehouse? I dont think it's that farfetched.
If the leak is fake(but the roster size is real) I am hoping for Shantae, Geno, Isaac, Mach Rider(or another retro), Rhythem Gal, Medusa, and Ken.

That depends on if Japan is getting their own version of a treehouse or not. would be odd to release a character thats only being broadcast stateside

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well here we go, what's most likley the final glut of info before the game launches In December.

Let's hope our Half Genie Hero makes a showing.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If the leak is fake(but the roster size is real) I am hoping for Shantae, Geno, Isaac, Mach Rider(or another retro), Rhythem Gal, Medusa, and Ken.

That depends on if Japan is getting their own version of a treehouse or not. would be odd to release a character thats only being broadcast stateside
Yeah, besides geno and isaac, if we can get Shantae and another gal that would be sweet.:) Elma, Celica, kat&ana or mona, .. whoever can make it :)
Impa or medusa as echos would be cool too.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I sent a tweet a certain user told me to and it was a very nice message.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
40 minutes seems too short for 7 characters. Especially since they also need to talk about online multiplayer and spirits mode.

The last smash 4 direct only featured two new characters and managed to be 33 minutes long.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
40 minutes seems too short for 7 characters. Especially since they also need to talk about online multiplayer and spirits mode.
Yeah I'm kind of on the fence about it, because if they also show assist trophies and stages and more it might not be enough. But if they compress a lot of it, then it may be fine.

I do think we can't get long trailers for the characters, if we want a bunch of them in 40 minutes.
But plenty of people seem to think it's enough time, so we'll see :)

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I'm just saying that if the room decor conspiracy is real, then she would be at the end like K Rool was since the E3 direct room had a jungle theme going on.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well at least connor got to say his piece, so thanks GoldLiger GoldLiger .

But I dont think it would've been an issue.

And we're all looking to seeing if she's made it as a fighter :)
(and what the real deal is with everything :D)

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Now, we start to prepare for the arrival of the Final Smash Direct before the Final Destination appears at the final stop

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. Shantae makes Zero sense as an AT. It would be extremly hard not to be upset about that.

I dont know how ashley fans managed it.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So sakurai retweeted the direct and said something.

Roughly translated it's 'We're doing it. It's the end!'
google translate is "I will do it. It is the end!"

What do yous think of it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom