• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Has James Montagna ever retweted another Nintendo Direct announcement before ?
I couldn't find anything, but his retweets are....

...very thirsty. Certainly not the type of stuff I'd ever retweet.

EDIT: He retweeted the september direct.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Oof connor what happened to being against any thought of shantae being a assist.
No, stop talking about that ******* here! I'd say he's deceiving those who defend him. Just ignore him, he'll go away.
Has James Montagna ever retweted another Nintendo Direct announcement before ?
Probably. He's big fan of Smash. :)

Though, if he hasn't, this is definitely something to take note of.
Oof his profile says he's 17. So yeeeeee
Yup, because nobody has ever lied about their age before. :p

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Man I feel like these last two days will be the longest wait when it comes to Directs.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
The key to my age is basically just add 2 to the amount of years Mario and Peach know each other by the time Super Mario Odyssey came out.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yup, because nobody has ever lied about their age before. :p
Looks like the jig is up. Truth is, I’m actually 3121 years old, you see I’m a vampire, surprised none of you figured it out considering how late I pos

EDIT: also, on the note of Connor, it’s pretty annoying to see him constantly doing stuff like this, but we’re definitely not helping by feeding into his impulses. Think it might be best to ignore messages like that

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Man I feel like these last two days will be the longest wait when it comes to Directs.
Not for me, oof. Im relieved it's soon now!
Also, Im not quite ready for it yet right now. today and tomorow will be good enough for that :)

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Oh boy, the final Smash Direct. (Heh, Final Smash.) Here's hoping that our wish will finally be granted! Just remember to stay open to any possibility. Trophy, assist, DLC, base, sticker (If those return for some reason.), or whatever.

All I want from the direct is for Shantae to be spared from the Assist Massacre. We're basically safe if every Assist is revealed and Shantae ain't one of 'em.

At least we only have to wait two days to know...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I couldn't find anything, but his retweets are....

...very thirsty. Certainly not the type of stuff I'd ever retweet.

EDIT: He retweeted the september direct.
How did you search twitter to find that out? It's hard to find retweets :O

But also, makes sense. He talks about smash and all sorts of games.
He hasn't said anything about shantae in smash to anybody who asked. But he's still a big smash fan :)

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

But also, makes sense. He talks about smash.
He hasn't said anything about shantae in smash to anybody who asked. But he's still a big smash fan :)
Seriously. I wish Twitter would add a "Date Search" option already. It would be cool to go back in time and see reactions to things as they were happening.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Hey WayForward just put up a sale today. Wonder what this could mean ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doesn't mean he could still be a bit... immature for that.
Like I said, he has a condition. which adds to his immaturity. I'm not going to mention it unless he's ok with saying it. Though it might be easier to understand if he would just say it.

Seriously. I wish Twitter would add a "Date Search" option already. It would be cool to go back in time and see reactions to things as they were happening.
There is a date search in the advanced search, but even with adding accounts, it still doesnt find retweets. If there's a way, I dont know it.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

It might be nothing but you never know. If they want to be sneaky about it then this could do it lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

That's for xbox one. and they already posted for PC. Now if they do a nintendo one tomorow, that's not bad timing. Though it is a halloween sale.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, he has a condition. which adds to his immaturity. I'm not going to mention it unless he's ok with saying it. Though it might be easier to understand if he would just say it.
In that case I'll be as understanding to his situation as possible and I encourage everyone else to do the same. If he doesn't wish to reveal specifics then that's his right.

There is a date search in the advanced search, but even with adding accounts, it still doesnt find retweets. If there's a way, I dont know it.
Really? Cool! Thanks for the tip!

zferolie

Smash Hero

COuld mean nothing, could mean EVERYTHING *puts on tinfoil hat*

I have known people personally like that, both from friends as well as people that my mom worked with(physical therapist at a school)

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician

But also, makes sense. He talks about smash and all sorts of games.
I just clicked on the tweets and retweet tab on his page and scrolled down till I got to september 13. For reference:
retweet.png
James is a man after my own heart.
...yeah, it was just too much for me, but I'm weird so I'm probably overreacting.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Aside from Shantae who we all want, are there any other things you are looking forward for ?
In my case, I can't wait to finally see Daisy's final smash ^_^

zferolie

Smash Hero
Aside from Shantae who we all want, are there any other things you are looking forward for ?
Seeing the any updated smashes would be nice. I assume both Peach and Daisy have new ones. Any other changes would be cool.

I also want to see smash run return for this game along side spirits mode.

And Also characters like Medusa would make my year,

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I want an Elma reveal and to finally see what Robin's new Final Smash is without Chrom. The popular guys and the Goddamn Mach Rider would be amazing reveals too if the leak is at least partially true (but especially Mach Rider).

EDIT:
And Also characters like Medusa would make my year,
Right there with you buddy.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I have a lot of characters that are more fringe, but of the ones more talked about,..
Impa, A Warioware girl, Elma, A cool or cute pokemon, Geno, Isaac, Medusa, Maybe another fire emblem girl, and a Square Enix character (like Dragon Quest, or FF again like Terra, Lightning, Tifa, etc)

+ All kirby characters they can fit :)
(would be cool to see some of them as bosses in a story mode or w/e)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m curious to see what modes are added or brought back, as well as any other changes the returning characters will have.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Hmm...besides Shantae?

Geno is one, but I would also be very happy to see Sora.

Extreme surprise pick.... Gimme that Agitha from Twilight Princess

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Spirits, Peach's hopefully new FS, Young Link's FS, ALL OF THE NEW AMIIBO, gameplay for literally everything, single player content, and hopefully an announcement for DLC.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Well, aside from other characters and unrevealed Final Smashes, I really wanna know what that mystery mode is. (Here's hoping for a new Adventure or Story Mode.)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Because people care about mental conditions. You know exactly what I'm talking about Teeb.
Yeesh. Dyl. I get that he can be annoying, but there's no need for vitriol. That just stinks up the thread more.
Yeah, because nobody was mean to Hollywood or TOY, at all. Hey, I'm just doing what you guys did to Hollywood, except it's a bit more justified. I will stop talking about Beelzebub now, but I swear to god, don't defend him.
Hmm...besides Shantae?

Geno is one, but I would also be very happy to see Sora.

Extreme surprise pick.... Gimme that Agitha from Twilight Princess
Agitha? I mean, that would be cool, but the postman would be better. And the best Twilight Princess rep they could choose, is definitely...

Louise! :D

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Marx, Impa, Elma, and...Banjo-Kazooie, if we NEED to go off of any banner character.

Top Bottom