• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Whether she gets in or not. Where's everyone going to go? I imagine there'll be a celebratory/consolation page or 3 to discuss, but are there any other forums or characters that people are going to invest their time in? I've checked out others, but in order to keep up with everything all of me energy is here

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Whether she gets in or not. Where's everyone going to go? I imagine there'll be a celebratory/consolation page or 3 to discuss, but are there any other forums or characters that people are going to invest their time in? I've checked out others, but in order to keep up with everything all of me energy is here
I do support other characters, nowhere near as much as Shantae though.

So at least they can take up some of my time.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'm probably just gonna go support Rex/Pyra, Spring Man, Octoling, and Bandana Dee (along with a few others, maybe), assuming they don't get deconfirmed, because I really only joined for the Newcomer Support Threads.

Edit: In the off chance she's not confirmed nor deconfirmed, I'm obviously gonna stay.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Liking a tweet isn't the same as responding to it or sharing it.

And it's possible that James might not even know if Shantae is in Smash or not. Chances are the only people who know are Matt, Erin, and Christina (if she's done voice work), and the Smash team.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I support more then just shantae, as my Sig shows, and I will push support for them once the verdict of shantae is out. And then there will be DLC that we will want to support as well

NukeA6

Smash Master
If she's not in the game at all or is just a trophy, good; she has a shot in being DLC. If she's an assist, well it's been good but I have a whole list of characters I want. Still, the Belmonts already made the game a must-buy for me. I also expected Smash Ultimate to be just a Smash 4 port so nothing could disappoint me besides bad netcode.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I am 100% sure she's in the game, no doubt about it. But what role she'll play, I have no idea.

Preferably, I'd want her to be playable, because of the many interesting things she could bring to the Smash table, and also so Rotty could be an assist, alongside her (or Rotty could be playable too, but that's way too hopeful. A man can only dream. :)).

But if she did make it in as an assist herself, I'd still be ecstatic! It'd still be wonderful to see her get represented in Smash, playable or not. I'd be slightly disappointed if she was just a normal trophy, but it'd still be cool to see nonetheless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some 12 year old: Steve has a better chance of getting in smash because he’s highly requested and the first Microsoft character to represent as a fighter! No one can overcome Steve! (dabs x10 and sings welcome to my mine for 10 hours)

Blocks Steve’s path:

(Kills Steve)

GUH-HUH!!!

This was the best thing I could come up with I got to show this to the banjo thread

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
But why would he specifically mention Undertale and not Shantae?
Let's just stop assuming that infers any Undertale content in Smash. The game came to PC in 2015, then to PS4 in 2017, and hasn't been found on Switch until last month.

That aside, Shantae content is a lock given WayForward's suspicious silence regarding Smash. And stinginess when it comes to indie fighting games.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Sakurai has played a lot of games. He's even discussed this ~ Just because he mentions or talks about a game doesn't mean it has any significance for Smash.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Sakurai praised Dark Souls in a column once. He plays a lot of games, he talks about a lot of games. They won't all appear in Smash.

Though if I hadn't already known Simon was coming I totally would have thought his trailer was Dark Souls-related at first.

D

Deleted member

NANI?! WHAT FIGHTING GAME IS SHANTAE IN?!

I'm going to go out and buy it right now!
They aren’t stingy about the indies they just try to be carful with their ip putting her into fitting games not everywhere sk is

Also I’m still on about the possible ncc theory

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How is that bad exactly?
Simply put, it's against the rules for a reason, it keeps things cleaner. Not that people have to be stingy about it, but you should try to follow it.

Don't think thats geared toward smash speculation, more political and other stuff

And lol all those double posts. Just edit your post if you need to say something else. You can even include quotes in Edits
Also, just to clarify, you may have to click 'add quotes' in the reply box for it to show in the edit box. Or just copy paste it from the reply box to the edit one (whether you click reply or 'quote')

So with that, let it go too, cuz talking so much about double posting is using up space too :/

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Obviously we'll move on to other characters if she doesnt get in. (maybe visit once in a while)
But if she does :) Then we'll have an entire forum section to talk in.
I will be sticking around fore sure (and this thread will be moved there anyway). Especially after everything we've been through, Im still going to be active in the shantae thread. And I want to be good with her in the game and play others here :D

That's all, you know, besides celebrating :)

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Dukefire

Smash Master
With the hype train arriving in 56 days, the character fans support in the hype train can either end up like this

Or like this (though that part with heavy is just sad news people are taking in, but not to the point of suicide.)

Top Bottom