• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking of taking a break from this thread, or just posting more infrequently.

I need to rest more.
That’s the whole reason I’ve been doing Alice in Wonderland gifs.

Sadly I’ve run dry on the good ones so uh... I have no idea. Maybe I should find gifs of something else for a while.
Nah, I think Dylly is right. We need a serious break from Smash for a bit. Or at least speculation for Shantae.

Nothing wrong with it, but we kept agreeing over and over that whenever we have some new, outlandish idea, its disproven. Leaks are almost always fake, and the leakers either have nothing else to go off of, nothing new, or just downright fake.

Maybe thats my ADHD just getting the better of my boredom...Idk.

Yeah, all I got to contribute related to Shantae right now is trying to discuss my ideas for the voice cast outside of the playable characters, but I posted about that earlier and no one seemed interested.
I am not bored anymore!!!

Is this for a TV series? Is this something you're genuinely trying to lift from the ground?

If you're bored then do or find something interesting ;)

Also, the next direct is sure to shake some things up. It could be soon, though any time in october would be good enough for me..
:)

Ya know that I am exactly talkin about Smash...

And I hope so. People are speculating some news tomorrow, or at least Thursday. But whether or not that comes true is up for debate...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nah, I think Dylly is right. We need a serious break from Smash for a bit. Or at least speculation for Shantae.

Nothing wrong with it, but we kept agreeing over and over that whenever we have some new, outlandish idea, its disproven. Leaks are almost always fake, and the leakers either have nothing else to go off of, nothing new, or just downright fake.

Maybe thats my ADHD just getting the better of my boredom...Idk.

Is this for a TV series? Is this something you're genuinely trying to lift from the ground?

Ya know that I am exactly talkin about Smash...

And I hope so. People are speculating some news tomorrow, or at least Thursday. But whether or not that comes true is up for debate...

Hey if the Isaac thread can reach as far as they did and still find things to talk about, like produce related to smash, I dont see the problem:

It's a brand of food:

Honestly I'm not sure why people want a rep from Golden Sun. Playing as a bag of rice would be weird.
I can't be too surprised of their tastes considering we have two reps from Earthbound.

I was being at least a little sarcastic. just a little though. ;p

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Alright, I just figured up a meme idea for a fighter.
Nothing's going on, Shadow Moses is quiet as Snake sneaks in, then suddenly:
This plays as a plastic green man just fires gung ho, with a slogan that just says "Sarge's here for a party time!"
Again, it's just a meme and not serious. XD
I can't believe there's no leaks considering this guy, all things considering, though I guest Snake fills that quota. Plus, no shantae no entry, you dipstick of a plastic action figure
I still want Conker to be a fighter heh.
Maybe the reveal could start out on a nice summer's evening in Animal Crossing, you know, everyone's relaxing, enjoying themselves. What could possible go wrong?

And then all of a sudden, this drunken squirrel strolls into town. Isabelle, being the kind doggo which she is, comes up to greet him... and then he PISSES right in her stupid dog mouth! He then pulls out a freaking rifle, and shoots up the entire village, unleashing only a trail of DEATH AND LEAD IN HIS WAKE! The town, burned to the ground, he stands on their bloody corpses, screaming and shooting his weapons into the air!

Wait, no that won't work will it...

Still, the great mighty poo needs to be a boss in the story mode.

Hey if the Isaac thread can reach as far as they did and still find things to talk about, like produce related to smash, I dont see the problem:

I was being at least a little sarcastic. just a little though. ;p
Okay, um, anything Shantae related. Umm...

Oh, when I visited Turkey, I showed one of the locals there Shantae. They were not too pleased actually. :ohwell:

Hey, your profile pic is from that wizard of oz cartoon!(or was it a anime?both are the same anyway right) I used to watch it in the mornings all the time.
Everyone here seems to have nostalgic memories for this cartoon, I've never watched it.

Which surprised me, but okay.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, I just figured up a meme idea for a fighter.
Nothing's going on, Shadow Moses is quiet as Snake sneaks in, then suddenly:
This plays as a plastic green man just fires gung ho, with a slogan that just says "Sarge's here for a party time!"
Again, it's just a meme and not serious. XD
I can't believe there's no leaks considering this guy, all things considering, though I guest Snake fills that quota. Plus, no shantae no entry, you dipstick of a plastic action figure
As neat as these guys are, the license doesn't have much ownership anymore after 3DO folded.

In regards to meme fighters, I'd much rather see Earthworm Jim. Who wouldn't want to recover with a Snott parachute, whip people with your own head, shoot houses at people, and annoy people by saying "Groovy!" over and over?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I still want Conker to be a fighter heh.
Maybe the reveal could start out on a nice summer's evening in Animal Crossing, you know, everyone's relaxing, enjoying themselves. What could possible go wrong?

And then all of a sudden, this drunken squirrel strolls into town. Isabelle, being the kind doggo which she is, comes up to greet him... and then he PISSES right in her stupid dog mouth! He then pulls out a freaking rifle, and shoots up the entire village, unleashing only a trail of DEATH AND LEAD IN HIS WAKE! The town, burned to the ground, he stands on their bloody corpses, screaming and shooting his weapons into the air!

Wait, no that won't work will it...

Still, the great mighty poo needs to be a boss in the story mode.

Okay, um, anything Shantae related. Umm...

Oh, when I visited Turkey, I showed one of the locals there Shantae. They were not too pleased actually. :ohwell:

Everyone has nostalgic memories for this cartoon, I've never watched it.

Which surprised me, but okay.
I mean, that's not that far off from bad fur day humour :grin:.. but, plz dont be mean to my cute lil isabelle :sadeyes:
:teeth:
:)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

That and/or if the Shantae series gets its full voice acting like one of the stretch goals for HGH, I’ve been thinking of ideas for animated series but I’m embarrassed to say so far the voice cast is the most work I’ve put into this idea so far. I’m more than up for discussing it if you’re interested

(Of course my internet starts acting up again when someone shows interest in what I have to say, should be fine now more or less)

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Yeah, all I got to contribute related to Shantae right now is trying to discuss my ideas for the voice cast outside of the playable characters, but I posted about that earlier and no one seemed interested.
Ammo Baron: Travis Willingham, cause he loves to ham things up and I think he'd have fun with Ammo Baron.
Squid Baron: Vic Mignona would be an okay pick for this guy. Both are wacky and have slightly overinflated egos.
Techno Baron: Scott McNeill. I know he doesn't work as often as he used to, but I think he could come up with a fun voice for this guy. Maybe a mix of his Rattrap and Dinobot voices.
Hypno Baron: This one is tough, I'm not sure who I'd pick. I picture a deep, yet sinister voice, unlike Techno Baron who I see as probably higher pitched. Perhaps Matt Mercer could fill the role. Or Orion Acaba.
Uncle Mimic: Again, not sure. Honestly, any of the above could probably come up with something for him as well, but I know you're looking for multiple VAs. Sam Riegel could probably come up with one.
Rotty's bros: These are very hard cause I think these are more roles I think some of the above could come up with something for.
Twitch & Vinegar: Seen so often together, I think one woman could probably voice them both, but picking that woman would be tough. I do think Laura Bailey has the range for it to give them each a unique voice though.

And those are the only ones I can think of.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Its not that there's a problem. Its just that we have nothing new to add. To me, its become quite stale...

That and/or if the Shantae series gets its full voice acting like one of the stretch goals for HGH, I’ve been thinking of ideas for animated series but I’m embarrassed to say so far the voice cast is the most work I’ve put into this idea so far. I’m more than up for discussing it if you’re interested

(Of course my internet starts acting up again when someone shows interest in what I have to say, should be fine now more or less)
To be fair the voice acting is one of the hardest. Its gotta be likeable, its gotta fit the character, and it can't be annoying (at least, if the character isn't intended to be annoying). I'd say think about that last. Its important, but not to important for now.

What you SHOULD be focusing on is a pilot! What and how do you think the very first pilot should go? They aren't long. Like maybe 5 - 15 mins to get a point across.

Tbh, despite me wanting to be a esports athlete maining Pichu, I really do want to do my own Super Mario Bros cartoon. I even have a few episode ideas to go along with it too, and even a few rules. I don't mind sharing them in the least. You shouldn't either. (Probably better in a PM tho.)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Its not that there's a problem. Its just that we have nothing new to add. To me, its become quite stale...

To be fair the voice acting is one of the hardest. Its gotta be likeable, its gotta fit the character, and it can't be annoying (at least, if the character isn't intended to be annoying). I'd say think about that last. Its important, but not to important for now.

What you SHOULD be focusing on is a pilot! What and how do you think the very first pilot should go? They aren't long. Like maybe 5 - 15 mins to get a point across.

Tbh, despite me wanting to be a esports athlete maining Pichu, I really do want to do my own Super Mario Bros cartoon. I even have a few episode ideas to go along with it too, and even a few rules. I don't mind sharing them in the least. You shouldn't either. (Probably better in a PM tho.)
The pilot could just be Risky Boots attacking Scuttle Town. From there I could see a Sonic Boom-style show that focuses more on everyday life for Shantae and her friends, including persistent frenemy villain attacks.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ammo Baron: Travis Willingham, cause he loves to ham things up and I think he'd have fun with Ammo Baron.
Squid Baron: Vic Mignona would be an okay pick for this guy. Both are wacky and have slightly overinflated egos.
Techno Baron: Scott McNeill. I know he doesn't work as often as he used to, but I think he could come up with a fun voice for this guy. Maybe a mix of his Rattrap and Dinobot voices.
Hypno Baron: This one is tough, I'm not sure who I'd pick. I picture a deep, yet sinister voice, unlike Techno Baron who I see as probably higher pitched. Perhaps Matt Mercer could fill the role. Or Orion Acaba.
Uncle Mimic: Again, not sure. Honestly, any of the above could probably come up with something for him as well, but I know you're looking for multiple VAs. Sam Riegel could probably come up with one.
Rotty's bros: These are very hard cause I think these are more roles I think some of the above could come up with something for.
Twitch & Vinegar: Seen so often together, I think one woman could probably voice them both, but picking that woman would be tough. I do think Laura Bailey has the range for it to give them each a unique voice though.

Not bad, not bad at all. Here's who I have in mind for those respective characters:

-After hearing Ira Gamagoori's English voice from Kill la Kill, I cannot hear anyone else other than Patrick Seitz for Ammo Baron. His hammy yet militaristic sounding voice I feel is perfect for this guy.
-I was thinking Vic Mignogna for Squid Baron as well, either him, Todd Haberkorn, or Sam Riegel using his Teddie voice from Persona 4.
-For Techno Baron, I'm thinking maybe Kirk Thornton, his Frog-Man voice from One Punch Man, albeit brief, sounds like it'd work, though Matt Mercer with his Victor voice from Critical Role could also work.
-Maybe it's because he looks so much like a Dungeon Master but I could totally see Matt Mercer or Kaiji Tang (with his Kurogane voice from Tales of Berseria) as Hypno Baron.
-For Mimic I have two actors in mind, either David Lodge (using an unfiltered version of his Ivern voice from League, or something like Mike Baker from Detective Pikachu) or Kyle Hebert (something like his average voice or Joe voice from Warioware Gold, maybe with a hint of Dr. Crygor from the same game)
-I definitely think Christopher Corey Smith would work for Abner after hearing his voice for Albus from Skullgirls. Though Poe I'm having a little trouble, I kinda imagine him having a meek, but not cowardly and nice almost gentleman like voice, something like what Matt Mercer did for Tyriok in Critical Role, maybe Liam O' Brien's normal voice could work?
-As much as it is type-casting, I definitely want to see Twitch voiced by Sarah Williams (Jinx- League of Legends, Nonon Jakuzure-Kill la Kill)
Vinegar I'm having a little trouble with but I'm leaning towards Carrie Keranen. (Initially I went the same route as you picking just one voice actress, the one I had in mind was Stephanie Komure aka Patricia Wagon)

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
The pilot could just be Risky Boots attacking Scuttle Town. From there I could see a Sonic Boom-style show that focuses more on everyday life for Shantae and her friends, including persistent frenemy villain attacks.
I think Adventure Time's slice of life is better. It contributed SOMETHING. Like Finn and PB (when she was in her child form) had a fun time together, but Finn tried to advance onwards. Something like that, where each episode doesn't feel pointless. No one likes a filler episode.

Shadowknight1

I think Adventure Time's slice of life is better. It contributed SOMETHING. Like Finn and PB (when she was in her child form) had a fun time together, but Finn tried to advance onwards. Something like that, where each episode doesn't feel pointless. No one likes a filler episode.
I do when they're fun and interesting. But the bad fillers far outweigh the good. Just look at any shonen anime. Tons of bad filler.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

Techno Baron: Marc Rafanan, preferably sounding like his Papyrus voice.
Uncle Mimic: Charles Martinet, at least if he weren't bound to work on Super Mario voicework. Other than that, Andrew Kavadas with a more gravelly version of his Simon Belmont (Captain N) voice.
Abner: Jamison Boaz. I'd imagine he'd do a perfect "Big, beefy dude" voice.
Poe: Kyle Hebert, preferably with his Big the Cat voice.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I'd be all for that.

And not like SU, where the executive producer/creator's intentions was trying to basically make an anime in the Americas. Fillers and hiatuses included.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In terms of how the series would go, Is it bad that I want to directly adapt the stories of the games as well as some original storylines?

Techno Baron: Marc Rafanan, preferably sounding like his Papyrus voice.
Uncle Mimic: Charles Martinet, at least if he weren't bound to work on Super Mario voicework. Other than that, Andrew Kavadas with a more gravelly version of his Simon Belmont (Captain N) voice.
Abner: Jamison Boaz. I'd imagine he'd do a perfect "Big, beefy dude" voice.
Poe: Kyle Hebert, preferably with his Big the Cat voice.
I actually did consider Martinet for Mimic, but yeah considering how often he’s needed for other projects I doubt he’d have the time to fully voice a main character like Mimic, though at the least I could see him in a guest appearance like the Royal Librarian from Pirate’s Curse

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I do when they're fun and interesting. But the bad fillers far outweigh the good. Just look at any shonen anime. Tons of bad filler.
Thats exactly my point. They don't fuel any. They have no correlation to the story. It feels pointless, because that isn't what you're looking for. What makes it worse is that some people think that putting filters in the middle of a story arc is important. At that point, you're frustrated, because you wanted a conclusion, but now you have to wait another week to get what you want. God I hate that crap.

And not like SU, where the executive producer/creator's intentions was trying to basically make an anime in the Americas. Fillers and hiatuses included.
You talking about High Guardian Spice or Steven Universe?

And don't get me started with that show. That show is bad. Its so bad...So much potential is just WASTED because of the creator.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ok let’s not get into an argument about that please,

Going back to the Shantae animated series, the way I see it, first off I do want to adapt the stories of each game into an animated format like one season adapting one game’s overall story, but I do want to see some orginal storylines both spliced in and after. I don’t see it being pure action-adventure but not full on Sonic Boom, and I think Netflix/Hulu would be the perfect platform to host it as I think the series could go all out and not be restricted by the networks

And a few more voice actor suggestions:

-I’m still unsure about who I want for Mayor Scuttlebutt, but two actors I could see are either Chris Cason or Edward Bosco (something like his 18-Volt voice from Warioware Gold) If anyone knows of a character or actor with a doofy sounding voice that could fit, lemme know
-for the Chef Girl, considering how well she’s able to handle long-winded nonsensical rants if her Mako voice from Kill la Kill is any indication, I think Christine Marie Cabanos would be perfect for the role (though the exact voice she could use would be more like her Delthea voice from Fire Emblem Echoes)
-and for miss Holly Lingerbean:
478CBA3B-537A-4A5C-B4AC-8709B3E9A80B.png

I dunno what it is, but something about this character just screams Kira Buckland to me, specifically her Hydra Bell voice from Blood Lad

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Big mistake what you just said pal.

Make me. :p

Ok let’s not get into an argument about that please,

Going back to the Shantae animated series, the way I see it, first off I do want to adapt the stories of each game into an animated format like one season adapting one game’s overall story, but I do want to see some orginal storylines both spliced in and after. I don’t see it being pure action-adventure but not full on Sonic Boom, and I think Netflix/Hulu would be the perfect platform to host it as I think the series could go all out and not be restricted by the networks

And a few more voice actor suggestions:

-I’m still unsure about who I want for Mayor Scuttlebutt, but two actors I could see are either Chris Cason or Edward Bosco (something like his 18-Volt voice from Warioware Gold) If anyone knows of a character or actor with a doofy sounding voice that could fit, lemme know
-for the Chef Girl, considering how well she’s able to handle long-winded nonsensical rants if her Mako voice from Kill la Kill is any indication, I think Christine Marie Cabanos would be perfect for the role (though the exact voice she could use would be more like her Delthea voice from Fire Emblem Echoes)
-and for miss Holly Lingerbean:
View attachment 168519
I dunno what it is, but something about this character just screams Kira Buckland to me, specifically her Hydra Bell voice from Blood Lad
I like the voice actors, but we should focus on that last. It'll be meaningless if the story can't hold them up.

I genuinely think Afternoon CN is a lot better. Kids and adults alike would be able to watch it when they get home on cable. But restrictions can be a little hard...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Make me. :p

I like the voice actors, but we should focus on that last. It'll be meaningless if the story can't hold them up.

I genuinely think Afternoon CN is a lot better. Kids and adults alike would be able to watch it when they get home on cable. But restrictions can be a little hard...
I’m basing the voice actors off what’s already presented in the games. I’m making the cast to apply to the games and the series in general. The whole voice cast thing started because of the HGH stretch goal anyway.

Most homes have a streaming service anyway, and she wouldn’t have to fight for airtime there. Plus I’m not really sure if this series would appeal to kids, or younger kids at least. Considering the content and style of the series I see it having somewhere like a TV-PG or even TV-14 rating like most anime.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I’m basing the voice actors off what’s already presented in the games. I’m making the cast to apply to the games and the series in general. The whole voice cast thing started because of the HGH stretch goal anyway.

Most homes have a streaming service anyway, and she wouldn’t have to fight for airtime there. Plus I’m not really sure if this series would appeal to kids, or younger kids at least. Considering the content and style of the series I see it having somewhere like a TV-PG or even TV-14 rating like most anime.
TV's been more strict in general than video games when it comes to ratings. So I could see an anime-esque creation like Shantae at the equivalent of TV-14.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
TV's been more strict in general than video games when it comes to ratings. So I could see an anime-esque creation like Shantae at the equivalent of TV-14.
Yeah, I think the only way for a Shantae animated series to not only work, but even thrive is to go with a streaming service like Netflix and Hulu, the only place on cable I could see it appearing is on Toonami.

And as for more talk about voice actors, think of it more in the context of the games and future releases rather than just a hypothetical animated series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

good night everyone sleep tight:happysheep:. and don’t let 04e absorb all of your life organs.:ultdarksamus: :)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Man, I know I shouldn't get excited about a single sentence text leak, but the fact that they said it would happen on the 9th just makes me think "well, it's not far away so if it turns out to be fake at least getting hyped won't be as big a deal as if I had been waiting a month or so before getting let down"...

So yeah, I'm letting myself get a little hopeful about Tuesday :p

Man, I know I shouldn't get excited about a single sentence text leak, but the fact that they said it would happen on the 9th just makes me think "well, it's not far away so if it turns out to be fake at least getting hyped won't be as big a deal as if I had been waiting a month or so before getting let down"...

So yeah, I'm letting myself get a little hopeful about Tuesday :p
In a really weird way I totally agree with you. For me it's especially weird since they didn't go overboard like most leakers (VAULT BOY,REIMU & SAKURAI'S CAT!!) or just list the popular picks of the week (Kencineroar, Geno, Isaac, Steve), it was so short and to the point that it scares me a little. I still think it's fake but if a Direct gets announced for tuesday I'm gonna be anxious.

Shadowknight1

Didn't that person who said an announcement on the 9th say it would be Shantae being revealed?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Didn't that person who said an announcement on the 9th say it would be Shantae being revealed?
Regardless, there are two things to expect possibly. If Blog Theory is correct and the disappearance of the New label means that we'll be getting a Direct very soon, then we should expect an announcement either tomorrow or the next day. Or the day after that. Considering 8/8 did its broadcast at 4:00 PM Europe Time and 9/13 started its broadcast at 3:00 PM PST, then it could stand to reason that the next direct could start at 3:00 JST for a possible "time cycle" or later, like at 6:00-9:00 PM JST so that its core fanbase can still catch it.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

I remember seeing this kind of thing for Risky Boots on nintendo power (which was how i was technically introduced to the Shantae franchise, but not the character) but here's the one for Shantae herself :3

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
That's pretty much all the leak said, just "Shantae will be revealed Oct 9, see you there" or something to that affect.

All other Direct leakers are like "It will feature this and Sakurai will scratch his nose which is a hint for the next direct and we will find out that Spirits mode is actually a tasty sandwhich that comes with the collectors edition...." And such specific details ad nauseum.

Like, this person just gave a date and a name. And such a short time away, so it's not like it was going to get tons of buzz. It's probably fake, but I can't see a reason to fake something so simple so soon to when it would be proven false.

So, again, probably fake, but since the wait is so short I'm going allow myself to get moderately hyped.

A1Again

Smash Cadet
I really can't add much to conversation and I am usually too busy, unfortunately, for much conversation... but I thought I'd share what I think Shantae would look like when she finally snaps after hearing the same complaints about her character over and over again, if anyone would like see it. (I honestly don't know how to show images straight onto here... still a noob, lol)
Shantae by me on my Twitter

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Seems like emotions tend to run high here.

People get so angry and defensive about things. o_O
It's really mentially exhausting...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I really can't add much to conversation
Jeez, look at me sunshine.

I haven't added anything of significance to the conversation in weeks!

That's pretty much all the leak said, just "Shantae will be revealed Oct 9, see you there" or something to that affect.

All other Direct leakers are like "It will feature this and Sakurai will scratch his nose which is a hint for the next direct and we will find out that Spirits mode is actually a tasty sandwhich that comes with the collectors edition...." And such specific details ad nauseum.

Like, this person just gave a date and a name. And such a short time away, so it's not like it was going to get tons of buzz. It's probably fake, but I can't see a reason to fake something so simple so soon to when it would be proven false.

So, again, probably fake, but since the wait is so short I'm going allow myself to get moderately hyped.
Yeah, that's really blunt. :ohwell:

...But it's not like I'm not gonna get slightly hyped! I really want her reveal to happen soon, there isn't much time left.
I still assume that this is fake, along with every other so called "leak" really, but all we have to do is hope for the best! :)

Or we can wish! Shantae's a genie after all!

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Good morning, everyone and to our near permanent lurker, Dyllybirdy. While I doubt that whole 4chan leak about Shantae on the 9th, it shouldn't be but a day or so before we get an announcement, disproving it one way or another. I think this is probably the worst point of the waiting period, when we know something is about to happen, but just not when.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I remember seeing this kind of thing for Risky Boots on nintendo power (which was how i was technically introduced to the Shantae franchise, but not the character) but here's the one for Shantae herself :3
Three things: will the old concept colors resurface as alts? It's funny to see she as once considered to have Dixie helicopter hair, and if she gets in Smash, that old weapon-wielding idea will also resurface. :crazy:

The issue I see with trying to adapt the game plots into a show is that, well, the game structure, especially in the older games, is a bit too formulaic. The original is basically, visit town, talk to friend, friend opens door, explore dungeon, find villain who taunts you then fight a boss. Repeat three more times. Not to mention the overworld wandering where nothing of significance happens, and the backtracking. And it's not like you can just cut them out, otherwise items will start popping up out of nowhere.

Half-Genie Hero's plot at least, would probably transition into a show better than the others, since it's structure is pretty episodic as it is. And you wouldn't have to show what happened in the previous two games to understand it.

I really can't add much to conversation and I am usually too busy, unfortunately, for much conversation... but I thought I'd share what I think Shantae would look like when she finally snaps after hearing the same complaints about her character over and over again, if anyone would like see it. (I honestly don't know how to show images straight onto here... still a noob, lol)
Shantae by me on my Twitter
Not the Nega-Shantae demon face and burning hands?

nega shantae.jpg

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
While I doubt that whole 4chan leak about Shantae on the 9th, it shouldn't be but a day or so before we get an announcement, disproving it one way or another. I think this is probably the worst point of the waiting period, when we know something is about to happen, but just not when.
Hmm, yeah I agree with you.

I just really want to know what role she has in the game sooner rather than later.
But I'll still hope for the best. :)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Today is Sunday and I am in the mood for.......(you get the drill)

Anyway we have about 1 to 2 days left for Nintendo to announce a Smash Direct as the rumors say they would. Let's see how right those "leakers" are.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Good morning, everyone and to our near permanent lurker, Dyllybirdy. While I doubt that whole 4chan leak about Shantae on the 9th, it shouldn't be but a day or so before we get an announcement, disproving it one way or another. I think this is probably the worst point of the waiting period, when we know something is about to happen, but just not when.
See, I'm the other way on it. just a little while ago there was that statement about "slowing down reveals" and lots of the rumors and leaks were saying we would probably get one more direct and maybe another reveal separate from that leak. That had me worried because the fewer reveals and official Smash directs we get, the less chance any one character has of showing up and certain character seeming very likely makes it even worse for more fringe characters like our girl. Sitting there and not knowing how long we would be in that info limbo was terrible.

But now, thanks to the "new fighter" tag disappearing, we can be pretty certain that some kind of reveal is happening this week, which isn't that long from the Isabelle leak. Which means we could at least hope that the "slowing down" statement was again Sakurai curbing our enthusiasm like he did with the "not too many newcomers" remark.

No, knowing we have some reveal this week means that there will still be almost 2 months left for even more reveals after.

And I'm certainly not expecting that one sentence leak to be anything, but it could be something and tying in with an imminent reveal this week makes it all the more exciting.

Top Bottom