• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Perhaps we could discuss how we all got into smash bros?
Saw a demo of Melee and it was Pikachu vs Yoshi. I didn't care what the game was, I wanted it. Unfortunately we had a PS2 so no luck. A couple of years later we got a Gamecube and with it we bought Melee. Strange to think I only knew about half the roster back then, and much less of the unlockables.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Saw a demo of Melee and it was Pikachu vs Yoshi. I didn't care what the game was, I wanted it. Unfortunately we had a PS2 so no luck. A couple of years later we got a Gamecube and with it we bought Melee. Strange to think I only knew about half the roster back then, and much less of the unlockables.
And here we are now

D

Deleted member

Oh no.........The purple and yellow chairs.......they weren’t meant for shantae and Isabelle it was only meant for one particular newcomer...........

PURPLE AND YELLOW CHAIR FOLDS IN!!!

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Oh no.........The purple and yellow chairs.......they weren’t meant for shantae and Isabelle it was only meant for one particular newcomer...........

Finally, took Sakurai long enough to add representation for the only series that mattered to Smash.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I know this is hard to believe, but in the past there were actual stores that you walked in to rent games to play them for a couple days. It was actually normal, since parents didn't want to buy a lot of games, so kids used their allowance to rent a game for the weekend :O

Amazing right? That's history right there.
Ah, that brings up memories... I remember wandering around Blockbuster as a kid, reading the backsides of all the movies and games. I miss that store... A Five Guys opened up where Blockbuster used to be.

D

Deleted member

Finally, took Sakurai long enough to add representation for the only series that mattered to Smash.
And that’s not all.....the plant,couch,pillows,gravy boat,and the children of the lamp book are all echo fighters of purple and yellow chair!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Of all the 3rd parties in so far, my younger self who only just got Melee would have recognised Sonic, Pac-Man and Mega Man.

And Bayonetta didn't exist yet.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but...Steve is poopy.
Steve may be poopy, but tbh, if Sakurai gave us something like this as an alt skin

mPBsw4W.png

I would absolutely play him without hesitation. Let me be this and I am set for Steve.

Fake. How do you explain the arabian couch?

Attachments

Last edited:
Y'know at first I thought to myself "If Shantae makes into smash, I'm just gonna celebrate and thank Sakurai and Matt Bozon 1,000,000 times" but holy hell not only am I gonna do just that, I HAVE to rub it in the faces of everyone on Reddit, Gamefaqs, 4chan and anywhere else that deserves it. Like, I'm well aware that this place is the only true safe haven for Shantae supporters to be vocal but it still urks me to see entire posts of "Indie trash, lol not shovel knight, waifu bait" and the absolute WORST offender I keep seeing "Wayforward cheated during the ballot", literally what?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Y'know at first I thought to myself "If Shantae makes into smash, I'm just gonna celebrate and thank Sakurai and Matt Bozon 1,000,000 times" but holy hell not only am I gonna do just that, I HAVE to rub it in the faces of everyone on Reddit, Gamefaqs, 4chan and anywhere else that deserves it. Like, I'm well aware that this place is the only true safe haven for Shantae supporters to be vocal but it still urks me to see entire posts of "Indie trash, lol not shovel knight, waifu bait" and the absolute WORST offender I keep seeing "Wayforward cheated during the ballot", literally what?
I don't think we should do that, but you do you.

Also, what in the name of sanity is your avatar?

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
The "Oh My God, Shantae Actually Made It Into Smash" party is gonna go like this.
  1. cry and weep for 4 days thanking Sakurai for blessing us
  2. 5 months of laughing at all the naysayers saying she couldn't get in

D

Deleted member

So incinaroar is a stupid choice for a Pokémon rep.

WE NEED A DIFFERENT POKÉMON REP THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND ITS NOT BLAND LIKE SPAM MEAT!

Dose anyone have any great ideas for a fitting rep that people like? If not.....search your fav and explain why.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350

WE NEED A DIFFERENT POKÉMON REP THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND ITS NOT BLAND LIKE SPAM MEAT!

Dose anyone have any great ideas for a fitting rep that people like? If not.....search your fav and explain why.
Gardevoir 'cause Gardevoir.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace

Hot take, there are no good Pokemon reps and we don't need any more, Ultimate is practically bursting with mons.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Mine are Decidueye for a Sun and Moon rep, and Cynthia for an overall Pokémon rep,

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Oh, I don't know like... that one Pokemon that Teeb and zferolie have been talking about here for the entire day. ;)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

1) Lycanroc Dusk/Midday form. We have few quadrupedal beings, so I think this would be cool!
2) Decidueye. I like him a whole lot!
3) Gardevoir. I love this Pokemon so much, it's so cool.
4) Ninjask. I know it's never gonna happen, but Ninjask is one of my favorite Pokemon ever.
5) Absol. Yet another quadruped and one of my favorite Pokemon as well.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman

If it was up to me to add ANY Pokémon to the game, it would be
F7D3D595-3B0F-4C2D-B152-4C0FA0A249F5.jpeg

Last edited:

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice

I liked the idea of Decidueye, but if we had to go with something tailor made for fighting I'd say Kommo-o

D

Deleted member

PLEASE ANYONE BUT THE TIGER ITS THE ONLY WAY TO ELEMANATE VERGE AND THE BOX THEORY!!!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've got nothing against Incineroar. I gravitate to grapplers in many games that I play and I think he could do it well. But I digress...

Most of my Pokemon picks are just the ones I use in Pokken. Darkrai, Aegislash and Sceptile. From Gen VII, Tapu Koko and Lycanroc Midday/Dusk.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'd be down for Pokemon not even getting a unique newcomer honestly. I'd be perfectly fine with Gardevoir being an Echo or some ****.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I've got nothing against Incineroar. I gravitate to grapplers in many games that I play and I think he could do it well. But I digress...

Most of my Pokemon picks are just the ones I use in Pokken. Darkrai, Aegislash and Sceptile. From Gen VII, Tapu Koko and Lycanroc Midday/Dusk.
That’s why we need a truly unique Pokemon! Like....
E0AEB51D-6007-42BB-8F46-BF41BB3C0BD9.png

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

Machamp. Yes, yes Gen 1 is still a thing, and it's getting a good amount of representation, but that's the instant thought. Otherwise, Braixen for the sole purpose of a magic user.

Top Bottom