• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Im a legend, unlike some here I actually began with the original game, i saw the commercial as 5 year old boi. Saw it loved it, wanted Pikachu Link and Mario to fight and rented it MANY times from Blockbuster, but despite asking for it almost every birthday and Christmas I did not actually own the game itself till Christmas of 2006.
Hello I'm a millennial, who's Blockbuster?

And no, you can't just going around bragging about how old you are. :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Cool. I can do that later tonight. :) Thanks, and I'll do Meloetta proud.

Now if only people would tag and support... though since everyone and their mom is for Inceniroar I doubt we will get much traction till the DLC phase
Last bit on this. Everything's been taken care of, including in the directory. And I'll let the ones that posted in the old one know, once youve updated it.
Also, I think the last image can be left big, it's nice and at the end it doesn't get in the way of anything.
See you in the thread ;)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I remember the N64 smash comercial that came out when I was a kid.

When we saw a game that had our favorite game characters fighting each other in it we had to get it and I have played all of the games up to date.

Also Jigglypuff has always been one of my favs to play.
THIS is what got me into Smash Bros. back in junior high school. Loved it and haven't stopped loving it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fine, believe what you wish and think I am gutter trash.

I think I said everything I had to say on this matter.
So I'm gone...
I don't think you're trash; opposite actually, as I like being nice to everyone, and plus I'd rather not judge anyone I don't personally know. We were being civil, it was a normal discussion (admittedly I may have been sorta defensive, but I wouldn't insult or any of that, and I don't think badly of you, I just felt like that 'cause of Steve, like a lot of people feel with their characters =P ). I'm just providing reasons for how Steve could work and possibly be added; I'd love to see him in, but even if we just got a stage or Creeper AT I'd be hyped that MC is getting representation (though I'd still like a playable fighter =P ).

If people dislike Steve or Minecraft, of course I'm fine with that, but that's all they have to say if they do; sometimes someone gives off the impression they're against Minecraft content or Steve and then proceeds to argue that it wouldn't work without giving any viable reasons (i.e. they'll say moveset potential or simply just their opinions on his looks, which I can understand that though I like Minecraft's looks myself, and that being all they have to say as if they just want to insult; when other characters come up, though, and they don't want them in, they'll give more reasons than just that stuff, or not even give that stuff at all :S ). You gave good points, not just stopping at one thing, I just wanted to show how it could work.

Again, sorry for coming off as defensive since, well, I did feel like that a little as I mentioned, but I wasn't insulting you or anyone else; I guess I just get frustrated sometimes, as although it's minor I see some people seeming to bash a character and then get mad if someone bashes theirs, which tends to bug me, but I know people here weren't trying to do any of that; I'll just drop this, as I don't want to continue being off-topic from Shantae or what/whoever y'all are discussing here, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad if I have somehow...

and yes it's all over videogame characters and yet I get that frustration feeling anyway; I know it's dumb, I don't usually get it =(

Last edited:

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
Ditto. I had the original game on the N64 when it came out. I'm an old son of a gun haha

D

Deleted member

Last bit on this. Everything's been taken care of, including in the directory. And I'll let the ones that posted in the old one know, once youve updated it.
Also, I think the last image can be left big, it's nice and at the end it doesn't get in the way of anything.
See you in the thread ;)
Teeb will you read us another bedtime story to me and dylly like you did last time?
(Did you came up with another theory yet?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I don't think you're trash; opposite actually, as I like being nice to everyone, and plus I'd rather not judge anyone I don't personally know. We were being civil, it was a normal discussion (admittedly I may have been sorta defensive, but I wouldn't insult or any of that, and I don't think badly of you, I just felt like that 'cause of Steve, like a lot of people feel with their characters =P ). I'm just providing reasons for how Steve could work and possibly be added; I'd love to see him in, but even if we just got a stage or Creeper AT I'd be hyped that MC is getting representation (though I'd still like a playable fighter =P ).

If people dislike Steve or Minecraft, of course I'm fine with that, but that's all they have to say if they do; sometimes someone gives off the impression they're against Minecraft content or Steve and then proceeds to argue that it wouldn't work without giving any viable reasons (i.e. they'll say moveset potential or simply just their opinions on his looks, which I can understand that though I like Minecraft's looks myself, and that being all they have to say as if they just want to insult; when other characters come up, though, and they don't want them in, they'll give more reasons than just that stuff, or not even give that stuff at all :S ). You gave good points, not just stopping at one thing, I just wanted to show how it could work.

Again, sorry for coming off as defensive since, well, I did feel like that a little as I mentioned, but I wasn't insulting you or anyone else; I guess I just get frustrated sometimes, as although it's minor I see some people seeming to bash a character and then get mad if someone bashes theirs, which tends to bug me, but I know people here weren't trying to do any of that; I'll just drop this, as I don't want to continue being off-topic from Shantae or what/whoever y'all are discussing here, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad if I have somehow...

and yes it's all over videogame characters and yet I get that frustration feeling anyway; I know it's dumb, I don't usually get it =(
Yeah but...Steve is poopy.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Can I interrupt? I wanna give my two cents on this...

- I don't think this would be an issue. Smash is pretty huge. I think the only problem is the Character Choice. Like a barter, really. Especially Microsoft.
- But...Minecraft appeared on the Wii U...didn't it? Its been around for a bit. I can't remember, honestly. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- Sakurai could always go with the Mr. G&W or Wii Fit Trainer route and just not animate his face at all (Or at least make his face as static as possible). Why bother? Like everyone says, his face is pretty ugly. Idk, I thought this would be the easiest way.
- Countered by R.O.B, who was pretty much a Nintendo Toy back in his oldie days. Didn't do much except open doors in his games.
- I'm confused on what you mean by this. Real in-game character??
- Do you mean for the older generation or for the newer generation? In either case, everyone recognizes him, but don't WANT him.

Not gonna lie, I pretty much accepted him at this point. If he gets in, screw it. I got 70+ characters to mess around with. He'd be fun, I guess.
Minecraft Wii U released on December 17th, 2016 via eShop. So Minecraft, before this point, had no real affiliation with Nintendo at all, except for an announcement.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Ditto. I had the original game on the N64 when it came out. I'm an old son of a gun haha
My niece would always pick Yoshi and stay at the edge and take advantage of the chaos and eat people when they got near and poop them over the side.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah but...Steve is poopy.
But poo doesn't exist in Minecraft :troll:

Minecraft Wii U released on December 17th, 2016 via eShop. So Minecraft, before this point, had no real affiliation with Nintendo at all, except for an announcement.
It was actually released that day in 2015; the retail disc came in June 2016, though, dunno why they were slow on that :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Teeb will you read us another bedtime story to me and dylly like you did last time?
(Did you came up with another theory yet?)
Teeb, please read me a bedtime story to me in PMs because Connor doesn't need to hear it. Come on mom, please. Love you. <3
I don't have another crazy theory for now, but let's look at a short story about a nice man called Sakurai.

Sakurai was a nice man who cared about his fans, and wanted to make the best smash game ever. He looked at all the characters that had high amounts of votes, something we can rest assured of. He was wondering about a couple of them, including some real interesting indie characters.

Since he likes to watch and play the games of the characters he's interested in, he played various games to see how they might look, play and fit, were they in smash, and then he came on a nice pretty half-genie girl character and wondered what she could bring to the table.
Oh my! what a pretty character, so expressive looking, just like I wanted! But let's look at some gameplay. And to his pleasant surprise, the game was very fun and played like metroid and castlevania, something that struck a chord with him. Well then! This one would fit right in really nice! And there's so much to work with!

And so Sakurai looked on with gleeming eyes at this wonderful character, imagining how she could play in smash, and just had to see about putting her in the game. With that, Sakurai took to the shadows, quietly making his moves with the possibility of getting a potentially wonderful character into the game, sneaking around with great plans in mind to see if it could work.
And so fans of this character await patiently and impatiently to see if Sakurai has mastered the ways of the ninja in this endeavour, and await the final day when he sprungs from the shadows of wonder.

The end. (for now)
:happysheep:

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I don't have another crazy theory for now, but let's look at a short story about a nice man called Sakurai.

Sakurai was a nice man who cared about his fans, and wanted to make the best smash game ever. He looked at all the characters that had high amounts of votes, something we can rest assured of. He was wondering about a couple of them, including some real interesting indie characters.

Since he likes to watch and play the games of the characters he's interested in, he played various games to see how they might look, play and fit, were they in smash, and then he came on a nice pretty half-genie girl character and wondered what she could bring to the table.
Oh my! what a pretty character, so expressive looking, just like I wanted! But let's look at some gameplay. And to his pleasant surprise, the game was very fun and played like metroid and castlevania, something that struck a chord with him. Well then! This one would fit right in really nice! And there's so much to work with!

And so Sakurai looked on with gleeming eyes at this wonderful character, imagining how she could play in smash, and just had to see about putting her in the game. With that, Sakurai took to the shadows, quietly making his moves with the possibility of getting this wonderful character into the game, sneaking like around with great plans in mind to see if it could work.
And so fans of this character await patiently and impatiently to see if Sakurai has mastered the ways of the ninja in this endeavour, and we await patiently and impatiently the final day when he sprungs from the shadows of wonder.

The end (for now)
:happysheep:
Yay! :D
That was a weawwy wovely story! :3

Thanks mom! May you please tuck me into bed?

<3 <3

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yay! :D
That was a really nice story!

Thanks mom! May you please tuck me into bed?

<3 <3
lol, you're going to make me question my part with storytime now.
But I'll tuck you in this one time. there all nice and cozy. ;) <3
:sheep: Have some good dreams of rotty.

Last edited:

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
So to keep the conversation going? Where would you rank the Shantae games on a list of favorite games.

And also, what draws you to the Shantae games so much. For me, it’s the humor. The only game that is funny as to me is Portal.

D

Deleted member

So to keep the conversation going? Where would you rank the Shantae games on a list of favorite games.

And also, what draws you to the Shantae games so much. For me, it’s the humor. The only game that is funny as to me is Portal.
1.pirates curse
2.hgh
3.riskys revenge
4.shantae

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm slow today, I only now finished reading the last pages up to now.

My take on Steve is. minecraft certainly has a fanbase, so it's not that terrible of an idea for nintendo to do something with that, but I don't think that's likely for smash ultimate. Maybe next time, or maybe Sakurai doesn't feel it would fit well enough as a character, but a blocky stage could be interesting.
I dont hate the character at all, but for sure would prefer lots of other characters before something like that. Steve's a funny name, all things considered :p

Hello I'm a millennial, who's Blockbuster?

And no, you can't just going around bragging about how old you are. :p
I know this is hard to believe, but in the past there were actual stores that you walked in to rent games to play them for a couple days. It was actually normal, since parents didn't want to buy a lot of games, so kids used their allowance to rent a game for the weekend :O

Amazing right? That's history right there.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I'm slow today, I only now finished reading the last pages up to now.

My take on Steve is. minecraft certainly has a fanbase, so it's not that terrible of an idea for nintendo to do something with that, but I don't think that's likely for smash ultimate. Maybe next time, or maybe Sakurai doesn't feel it would fit well enough as a character, but a blocky stage could be interesting.
I dont hate the character at all, but for sure would prefer lots of other characters before something like that. Steve's a funny name, all things considered :p

I know this is hard to believe, but in the past there were actual stores that you walked in to rent games to play them for a couple days. It was actually normal, since parents didn't want to buy a lot of games, so kids used their allowance to rent a game for the weekend :O

Amazing right? That's history right there.
Ah the video store. I remember going to my local one and just browsing the huge selection of everything they had. How I miss you.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Is that from Monster Hunter?

And it's called STEVE! That's so stupid. Who thought of that idea?

Just quote the post, then you'll see it. ;)
Yes, it's from Monster Hunter, and it's real name is Seregios. The devs just called it Steve when asked about before 4 Ultimate's release because they didn't want to reveal the real name yet. As a bonus I'll upload his theme:

Top Bottom