• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So, who would like to see a confrontation between Shantae and Gandrayda?
That’s an interesting interaction I’ve never even considered.

For references sake, he’s referring to this character from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
6437C507-E240-4A3B-B557-B1205442C1AE.jpeg

She has various shape-shifting powers and can take on the forms of different creatures and machines. I haven’t played that much of the Prime series so that’s all I really know of her

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I thought of this while I was working earlier. So Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy posted this yesterday reminding me that this thing exists:

And after watching some Warioware Gold videos earlier, I am reminded that Cristina Vee can rap:

So can you see where I am going with this?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Funny people are talking about pokemon characters for smash in this thread now.
Maybe in the future, when shantae makes it in mariokart, maybe after that there'll be a crossover where shantae turns into a pokemon :O

But I definitely don't like incineroar to be in. I'd want Primarina, but obviously some people would whine about there already being a greninja for water. So Decidueye would be fine, though I agree that I'd be fine with a pokemon from another gen, like Gardevoir or Meloetta :)

If I had to choose one from the new gen, I'd probably go with Tsareena (and it's grass) :)

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Maybe in the future, when shantae makes it in mariokart, then maybe after that there'll be a crossover where shantae turns into a pokemon :O

But I definitely don't like incineroar to be in. I'd want Primarina, but obviously some people would whine about there already being a greninja for water. So Decidueye would be fine, though I agree that I'd be fine with a pokemon from another gen, like Gardevoir or Meloetta :)

If I had to choose one from the new gen, I'd probably go with Tsarena (and it's grass) :)

I like that one too. Not my big want, but still neat.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe in the future, when shantae makes it in mariokart, then maybe after that there'll be a crossover where shantae turns into a pokemon :O

If I had to choose one from the new gen, I'd probably go with Tsarena (and it's grass) :)

I mean we have Squirtle as well, so that’d make three water types if Primarina made it as well. I’d say something about maybe Primarina would be hard to animate as a fighter if it didn’t have more limbs than Milotic who I’m trying to work into my moveset ideas for Cynthia

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean we have Squirtle as well, so that’d make three water types if Primarina made it as well. I’d say something about maybe Primarina would be hard to animate as a fighter if it didn’t have more limbs than Milotic who I’m trying to work into my moveset ideas for Cynthia
Milotic, that's neat too. It's all possible, looking at Ivysaur, any pokemon could be made into a fighter. I'd totally be for Cynthia too. As improbable as it is :p

Looks like there's a support thread for Tsareena.
Was there one for Cynthia?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Milotic, that's neat too. It's all possible, looking at Ivysaur, any pokemon could be made into a fighter. I'd totally be for Cynthia too. As improbable as it is :p
I don’t think she’d be improbable, she has a much higher chance now that Pokémon Trainer has returned in full. Heck maybe she could be the Sun & Moon rep since she appears in that game as well (jk, jk but her becoming a recurring character in the series I think gives her good chances)

I found some for the last two Smash games, I’m surprised I haven’t found one for Ultimate yet, I’m thinking of creating it myself once I get my moveset ready, hopefully I’m fast enough

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don’t think she’d be improbable, she has a much higher chance now that Pokémon Trainer has returned in full. Heck maybe she could be the Sun & Moon rep since she appears in that game as well (jk, jk but her becoming a recurring character in the series I think gives her good chances)

I found some for the last two Smash games, I’m surprised I haven’t found one for Ultimate yet, I’m thinking of creating it myself once I get my moveset ready, hopefully I’m fast enough
Power to you, I will support if you do.
I checked and there is no thread for Cynthia or Milotic.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
i’m just happy my (other) girl Ivysaur is ba...
Wait, what’s that? She doesn’t have solar beam? Dang it Nintendo.

Anyways, I can’t wait to see our girl (not Ivysaur) in smash.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
But yeah, did anyone notice in the Smash Blog that they added in Fox's Memories post in the North American site, translated and all? I wonder what that's all about and why now of all times...?
Yeah. It's odd, imo. My first thought was because it would be a character whose "Memory" would not have been released in Japan. But that's just my conspiracy theory even though it likely means nothing.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman

I think she'd be cool if she was actually on the field and used her pokemon in her attacks rather than her pokemon being fighters. Is that odd?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
i’m just happy my (other) girl Ivysaur is ba...
Wait, what’s that? She doesn’t have solar beam? Dang it Nintendo.

Anyways, I can’t wait to see our girl (not Ivysaur) in smash.
Solar Beam is the move Ivysaur uses during the Triple Finish Final Smash.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think she'd be cool if she was actually on the field and used her pokemon in her attacks rather than her pokemon being fighters. Is that odd?
Nah, then she’d way overpowered, like even beyond Brawl Meta Knight levels, I think for the safety of the rest of the fighters she should just command her Pokémon

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Nah, then she’d way overpowered, like even beyond Brawl Meta Knight levels, I think for the safety of the rest of the fighters she should just command her Pokémon
If I had my wish, we would get a Smash spinoff made purely of a pokemon roster. There are so many good Mons to use but will never get in the game because they have to share space.

You could do one on one battles, or trainer battles where each player selects three pokemon that they can freely switch out of like PKMN Trainer works currently (but maybe with unlockable trainers to replace Red and Leaf)

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Yeah. It's odd, imo. My first thought was because it would be a character whose "Memory" would not have been released in Japan. But that's just my conspiracy theory even though it likely means nothing.
I know I already mentioned it in a previous post through an edit, but it's still very strange that it took this long before a Memory Post came over to the Americas.
I'll try not to go deeper into this, because then it'd involve a conspiracy theory involving Shantae being in the Memory blog and those posts coming over in the Americas is a preemptive action for this case, after which they may be retroactively fitted in, when it might just really be an honest mistake on the NoA end of the chain.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What pokemon would Shantae use if she were a pokemon trainer?
These seem to be some one person thought she would:

And Shantae as a pkm trainer just sounds fun
pokemon_hilda_x_shantae_by_bluesupersonic-dbej8gf.png.jpg

:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m going to sleep while you guys are here I found this can you decode the hidden playlist and make sure if he is wrong by the second or not. try searching types of music that can align this please thank you and good night:happysheep:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So incinaroar is a stupid choice for a Pokémon rep.

WE NEED A DIFFERENT POKÉMON REP THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND ITS NOT BLAND LIKE SPAM MEAT!

Dose anyone have any great ideas for a fitting rep that people like? If not.....search your fav and explain why.
Primarina Pheromosa or Gardevoir.
Pheromosa could be a unique kicking based character, very fast, very strong, but very very light, pretty much almost jigglypuff weight in game, except with a bit more normal fall speed.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Primarina Pheromosa or Gardevoir.
Pheromosa could be a unique kicking based character, very fast, very strong, but very very light, pretty much almost jigglypuff weight in game, except with a bit more normal fall speed.
Has Primarina grown on people in the community? I remember everyone hating it at the start.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Has Primarina grown on people in the community? I remember everyone hating it at the start.
In the official Nintendo Dream poll. Primarina placed 3rd. 1st was Rowlet, 2nd was Mimikyu and Prima followed up. Even though a lot of people seemed to be split on Popplio in the beginning it seems everyone came around to Primarina at the end.

For reference, Incineroar got 13th and Decidueye was 15th.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
In the official Nintendo Dream poll. Primarina placed 3rd. 1st was Rowlet, 2nd was Mimikyu and Prima followed up. Even though a lot of people seemed to be split on Popplio in the beginning it seems everyone came around to Primarina at the end.

For reference, Incineroar got 13th and Decidueye was 15th.
I love hearing this. Primarina instantly became my favorite Fairy pokemon when it was revealed.

I personally don't think it would be playable in smash what with us already having two water starters, but I'm just glad to hear that incineroar isn't as popular as all the leak followers keep saying.

When Litten was first revealed I was sure I was going to pick a fire starters that generation. Then Torracat was revealed and i was even more psyched... And then... It's best not to look back on traumatic situations...

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I had a random thought last night regarding Peach's final smash.
It's seemigly going to be changed ( since we can see, in bowser's spotlight video, that the peach food item's size has been greatly reduced and thus probably turned into a normal food item ), which can mean that the "dancing final smash" style could be free again.
And guess who would jump on that opportunity ? :p

It's mostly some speculation. ^^

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Last bit on this. Everything's been taken care of, including in the directory. And I'll let the ones that posted in the old one know, once youve updated it.
Also, I think the last image can be left big, it's nice and at the end it doesn't get in the way of anything.
See you in the thread ;)
Thanks dude. I'll be working on making that thread nice and pretty today.

Maybe in the future, when shantae makes it in mariokart, maybe after that there'll be a crossover where shantae turns into a pokemon :O

If I had to choose one from the new gen, I'd probably go with Tsareena (and it's grass) :)

Tsreena I wouldn't mind as the pokemon 7 gen rep, though the one I really want is Mother Beast(Lusamina and Nhiliego fused.

480.png

I actually made a full moveset on my tumblr based on the idea that Cynthia fights on the feild and all but a few of her attacls have her pokemon come out to attack for her. For example, she does a dash attack, and the hit box is Garchomp spawning and doing an attack then despawning. I'll post the moveset below in a spoiler, along with some fanart a friend of mind did to show off her with her pokemon. This was made way before MSash 4 came out even, so I have Lucario with Cynthia, but that could be replaced with another one of her pokemon, most likely Milotic. I've edited Lucario out from most of the moveset except the FS for now.

Cynthia for smash.jpg

Cynthia

(Pokemon Series)

Basic Stats

Size: 6/10. Cynthia herself stands slightly above average, the size of Peach about.

Weight: 5/10 Cynthia is of Average weight. Initial Launch: 90%

Power: 5/10 Cynthia herself is not strong, but due to her pokemon taking up the majority of her attacks, she is decently strong, though it varies on the pokemon attacking.

Speed: 4/10. Cynthia has a semi-slow run speed, movement speed, fall speed, and attack speed. Timing is key for her.

Technique: 8/10. Cynthia’s combo strength comes from the idea that she can return to a neutral state why her last attacks pokemon is still out by holding the shield button during the attack, and call out another one before the other returns. This allows her to really do some wicked set ups and combos, but in return she can’t use another attack that requires the pokemon already out on the field.

Fighting Style and Details

While Cynthia and Pokemon trainer use pokemon, they couldn’t be more different. While Pokemon trainer is about managing 3 different fighting styles and has his pokemon do all the fighting, Cynthia instead fights herself, using her pokemon as summons in a sense. While she has a 2-3 attacks that don’t use a pokemon, the majority of her attacks have the pokemon pop out of their pokeball to assist their master. She may ride, stand alongside, or do an attack with her pokemon. As stated before, if she holds guard while in an attack that uses a pokemon, she will return to a neutral state, while the pokemon finished up its attack. She can move, jump, and attack while that other pokemon is on the stage, but she will not be able to use any attacks that require the pokemon already attacking, and the further Cynthia is away from the pokemon, the longer it takes to be called back, making it risky to stay too far from her pokemon. The most amount of Pokemon she can have out on the stage at once is 3.

The 6 pokemon Cynthia uses are Milotic, Garchomp, Glaceon, Roserade, Togekiss, and Spiritomb. Her attacks are all moves they can use in game, or some of lucario’s moves from Brawl. If the pokemon are attacked, Cythina still takes damage, but she doesn’t flinch from it. Garchomp and Spiritomb can take 3 hits before their attacks are canceled and they return to the ball, Togekiss and Lucario can take 2, and Roserade and Glaceon can take 1.

Some of Cynthia’s moves are activated for a long time, so learning her cancel ability and mastering how to use multiple pokemon attacks at the same time is key to mastering her.

Normal Combo: two slaps from Cynthia, then a third hit from Lucario. Cynthia slaps the foe, then back hands them, then she spins away, snapping her fingers as Milotic appears coiled around Cynthina and does a slight tail slap (2%, 3%, 5%)

Forward A: Glaceon uses Ice Fang, which has her leap forward with an very short range icy bite. May freeze foe if their damage is high.(7%)

Down A: Spiritomb uses shadow Sneak, damaging anyone with its shadow right in front on it. (4%)

Up A: Togekiss Uses Uproar, crying out and knock anyone really close up that where next to her, and anyone above her, into the air.(6%)

Dash A: Cynthia rides on Garchomp as it uses Dragon rush. It travels pretty far, but stups if she reaches a ledge. (11%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Cynthia holds Roserade as she uses Petal Storm, surrounding Cynthia with multi-hitting petals. (2% per petal hit, max 10 hits)

Forward A: Glaceon Icy wind, which has Cynthia hold Glaceon as it blows a cold blast of wind short range in front of them. Hit’s 3 times and may very breifly freeze the foe if they have high damage.(4% per hit)

Up A: Togekiss uses Air Slash, making wind slash above Cynthia and itself. (9%)

Back A: Garchomp attacks behind with Duel chop, which has him slashing with his fins twice. Foe will get hit by both if hit by the first. (7%, 8%, total 15%)

Down A: Cynthia brings out Spiritomb, and holds on to it as it falls VERY fast to the ground, and the same speed as Kirby’s rock in the air. Canceling has Cynthia stop falling fast, but Spiritomb keeps going till it hits the ground. (15%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Garchomp uses Giga Impact. It charges in place, then Body slams the foe for massive damage. (19%-26%)

Down Smash Glaceon spins around, using frost breath around itself. (14%-20%)

Up Smash: Roserade Uses Energy ball, which has her form a ball of sun energy, above her, trapping people and doing damage, then it blows up, sending people in the air. It’s very similar to Mewtwo’s Up Smash in Melee, but has a larger hitbox. (1-3% x 7 attacks, explosion 8-13%)

Grab/Throws:

Cythnia uses Spiritomb of psychicly grab close to slightly mid rang enemies, and pulls them to her.

Pummel: Glaceon appears on Cythnia’s shoulder and fires Ice Shards at the held foe(1%)

Forward throw: Garhomp appears and does Dragon Claw, sending it flying away(13%)

Backward Throw: Milotic appears from in frontof the foe and does aqua tail, knocking the foe behind Cynthia (14%)

Upward Throw: Togekiss uses Twister, trapping the foe in a twister and launching them into the air.(11%)

Downward Throw: Roseade uses Grass knot to tie them up, then punches them with poison jab, knocking them away(12%)

Special Moves and Final Smash:

Standard B: Destiny Bond. Spiritomb appears in front of Cynthia and glows for a moment. If any attack hits it, The foe glows, Spiritomb returns to it’s pokeball, and the foe is bonded to Cynthia for 10 seconds. Any damage Cynthia takes during that time, the foe will also receive. If Destiny bond misses, Spiritomb sits on the ground for a few moments before returning, locking Cynthia out of a few attacks like her grabs and Down Aerial.

Side B: Surf. Milotic appears coiled around Cynthia, and cries out, making a small wave of water flow out in front of Cynthia. It goes the same distance as Ice climbers ice block, but anyone hit by it takes damage and is knocked away. (10%)

Up B: Sky Attack. Cynthia jumps onto Togekiss, who flies up about the vertical distance Sonic's Up B goes while glowing. At the peack, Cynthia leaps off and Togekiss zooms down in the direction you at pointing the analog stick, causing damage and going through anyone in it’s path till Togekiss hits a floor, wall, or goes OB. Hitting a floor or wall causing a small blast of energy. When Cynthia leaps off she is free to attack right away. If Togekiss returns before Cynthia hits the ground, she can use this move again. (18% damage if hit by Togekiss, 14% damage if only hit by the energy blast. 25% if a Direct hit on a ground all wall.

Down B: Hail. Glaceon appears where Cynthia is standing, and cries out. High above Glaceon (thunder level) a icy cloud appears and makes it start to Hail around Glaceon. Glaceon vanishes 1 second after starting the attack, and Cynthia can move around and attack with any move that doesn’t use Glaceon during this attack(during that 1 second glaceon is out). 10 pieces of hall fall per second, and does little damage and stun in each hit. If a foe is caught in the attack, they will get hit the will slowly be pushed out, only someone trapped in a corner and under the effect of a supper mushroom will be hit by every attack. You cannot use this move again till the current hail finishes.(1 % damage per hit)

Final Smash: Roserade uses Sleep Powder in a large bubble around Cynthia(about ½ the size of Luigi’s moon). Id it hits it transitions to a cut scene where they are suddenly at Cynthias champion roon, She calls out all her pokemon at once who combo attack the plays and it ends with Mega Garchomp Outraging everyone away

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m going to sleep while you guys are here I found this can you decode the hidden playlist and make sure if he is wrong by the second or not. try searching types of music that can align this please thank you and good night:happysheep:

Good morning Can anyone decode this please?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

So this is why my Tsareena thread came back from the dead. ^_^ Cheers

If anyone else wants me to add them to the Mangosteen Queen's support list, here's the link to the thread.

Good morning Can anyone decode this please?
I've not got and answer, but I've got a seemingly unlikely tool to help.

http://www.crosswordsolver.org/

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What pokemon would Shantae use if she were a pokemon trainer?
These seem to be some one person thought she would:

And Shantae as a pkm trainer just sounds fun
View attachment 168401
:)
There's some good choices here I didn't consider (Hoopa & Meloetta dance form), but I'm not seeing the rest. This is what I'd see Shantae using:

Maybe Pokemon based on her transformations, plus Medicham. Ambipom (monkey), Donphan (elephant), Ariados (spider), Archeops (Harpy) and Primarina (mermaid).
It's faithful AND well-rounded!

That’s an interesting interaction I’ve never even considered.

For references sake, he’s referring to this character from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
View attachment 168376
She has various shape-shifting powers and can take on the forms of different creatures and machines. I haven’t played that much of the Prime series so that’s all I really know of her
She's one of three bounty hunters introduced in Prime 3: Corruption. No one knows where she in particular comes from or her age, though she seems youthful. She sees Samus as her rival and teases the latter a lot, though it's pretty one-sided on her part.

Alas, all three of them become corrupted by Dark Samus's Phazon and are turned to her side along with the Space Pirates. You have to mercy kill them one-by-one at certain points. Gandrayda is the last. She fights both in her normal form with extreme agility, acrobatics and stealth, while changing into various enemies and even bosses (including the other two hunters and... Samus herself!). Strangely enough though, her normal form is probably the best by a significant margin due to lacking exploitable weaknesses (for some reason she has far more health than a hulking mech, and the worst she suffers is an occasional knockdown from a charged hit)... and it's kind of lampshaded in how near the end of the fight, she stops transforming altogether and just kicks her regular abilities into overdrive with Phazon.

So she's a shapeshifter that, despite all the versatility such an ability grants, fights at her best when not using it... sound familiar?

Top Bottom