• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Project M once.

I don't really know how the movesets differ from the Brawl ones.
I highly recommend giving it a shot. It is 1000% times better than brawl. It’s fully customizable too. For example I put a master chief skin over snake and a SHANTAE costume over Zelda.

As for movesets, some people have the exact same moveset but with touch ups that make them better, while some fighters like Lucario are COMPLETELY different. Others like Snake, Sonic, and Ganondorf are changed in ways that make them more true to their games.

In short. Give it a try. It’s fast, fluid, and it has Roy and Mewtwo!

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I know this is random and probably off topic but it seems james had gotten married to a beautiful Asian women 4 days ago. Beautifuulll!

D

Deleted member

Fun fact:

Sakurai: waluigi will never be in smash you dumb chucks! But shantae will.

Last edited by a moderator:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
So incinaroar is a stupid choice for a Pokémon rep.

WE NEED A DIFFERENT POKÉMON REP THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND ITS NOT BLAND LIKE SPAM MEAT!

Dose anyone have any great ideas for a fitting rep that people like? If not.....search your fav and explain why.
Five Pokémon that would fit better than Incineroar, eh?
1. Misty as a second Pokémon Trainer. You think I'm kidding?!
2. Decidueye just to make Vergeben get salty.
3. Lycanroc; see Decidueye.
4. Silvally. Even better if Gladion were in the background commanding them!
5. Infernape would be awesome if we didn't have Charizard or Lucario. Ah well, I personally think the big monkey is best starter all years.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I actually made a full moveset on my tumblr based on the idea that Cynthia fights on the feild and all but a few of her attacls have her pokemon come out to attack for her. For example, she does a dash attack, and the hit box is Garchomp spawning and doing an attack then despawning. I'll post the moveset below in a spoiler, along with some fanart a friend of mind did to show off her with her pokemon. This was made way before MSash 4 came out even, so I have Lucario with Cynthia, but that could be replaced with another one of her pokemon, most likely Milotic. I've edited Lucario out from most of the moveset except the FS for now.

undefined
Oh, wow! Honestly, I love your idea of Cynthia fighting on the stage! It helps differentiate her from Red and Leaf (Especially Red, who seems to based on his Trainer days than his Gym Leader days). It gives off the idea that Cynthia has enough experience to know how to defend herself on the battlefield rather than stick to the background.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something to brighten the path somewhat with the continuing journey still worrisome of what is to come. Don't give up hope till the very end.

Artist: tran4of3

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Something to brighten the path somewhat with the continuing journey still worrisome of what is to come. Don't give up hope till the very end.

Artist: tran4of3

Was Shantae deconfirmed already? o_O

Well either way, there is something I've been wondering in regards to "Smashdown".
You know, the mode where everyone has to pick a different fighter and previously used fighters will be locked and everyone has to use different fighters each time...

Do Echoes count as seperate characters or not?
Example:
Someone picks Marth.
Will Lucina be locked after the match as well or will she remain available, as long as no one used her?

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
So incinaroar is a stupid choice for a Pokémon rep.

WE NEED A DIFFERENT POKÉMON REP THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND ITS NOT BLAND LIKE SPAM MEAT!

Dose anyone have any great ideas for a fitting rep that people like? If not.....search your fav and explain why.
-Deoxys. Want him in as a fighter since Gen. 3. Could have a cool Moveset that either changes with whatever form he'd be in at that moment or it would be like with Shulk and his parameters would change according to his form. ^^
-Blaziken as a Captain Falcon Echo. I just think it would fit Blaziken like a glove. ;)
-Gardevoir. Just an all around cool Pokémon imo and could also have Gothitelle as an Echo, so we'd also have a Gen.5 rep. ^^
-Leavanny would be pretty cool too.
-Cofagrigus could have an awesome Moveset.
-And last but not least, Meloetta as a Gen.5-rep. ^^

For Gen. 7, honestly I think pretty much every Ultra Beast would be more cool than Incineroar. They're the poster children of this generation, so not having one of the Ultra Beasts playable seems just wrong to me (Pheromosa or Katagami would be so great :D ).

Perhaps we could discuss how we all got into smash bros?
I got into Smash Bros via the N64 version. 2 of my friends that live across the street from had it back then. One of the two always wanted to play it with me. I didn't really like it back then but I slowly started to warm up to it. I had a PS back then but no N64 but I always preferred Nintendo's franchises, so i spend a lot of my time playing with them on theirs. XD

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

Well either way, there is something I've been wondering in regards to "Smashdown".
You know, the mode where everyone has to pick a different fighter and previously used fighters will be locked and everyone has to use different fighters each time...

Example:
Someone picks Marth.
Will Lucina be locked after the match as well or will she remain available, as long as no one used her?
I would assume they're separate hopefully
That's the entire point of the scene. :p

It's supposed to be funny, despite how sad the situation really is.
Well, the song does certainly lighten the situation

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005

Example:
Someone picks Marth.
If the 8/8 Smash Direct is anything to go by, Echo Fighters are counted as seperate characters.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, the song does certainly lighten the situation
Well, the song was one of the most popular during the era of the second world war.

It resonated with a lot of the soldiers going into WWII, leaving their families and loved ones behind to fight in the war, and gave them a lot of hope.

There you go, you learned something new (i think)! :D

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Well, the song was one of the most popular during the era of the second world war.

It resonated with a lot of the soldiers going into WWII, leaving their families and loved ones behind to fight in the war, and gave them a lot of hope.

There you go, you learned something new (i think)! :D
Well I did actually. We hadn't talked about that in my school

D

Deleted member

If shovel knight is the face of indies then.........

Where’s his face?

Top Bottom