• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just some vague story speculation...

Anyone stop to think about how the recent Shantae games have started a trend of her seemingly gaining favor with the denizens of the sea? It feels like a secondary form of buildup to go along with Shantae's genie heritage.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Gashi-Gashi likes Shantae, cool. I wonder how many artists will include her in the #SixFanarts thing.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Gashi-Gashi likes Shantae, cool. I wonder how many artists will include her in the #SixFanarts thing.

Shantae, Bojack, Crash, Callie Briggs, One of my favorite Yokai watch Yokai's, AND GWENPOOL?!?!

*dies from overload

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman

Nobody:

Absolutely Nobody:

April, 2020: SWAT CATS!

I completely forgot about that show. CN really swept it under a rug, I vaguely remember it and it might be the nostalgia talking, but I miss it. They don't really seem to fund action based animations anymore.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nobody:

Absolutely Nobody:

I completely forgot about that show. CN really swept it under a rug, I vaguely remember it and it might be the nostalgia talking, but I miss it. They don't really seem to fund action based animations anymore.
I've noticed her somewhat trending recently, since JamoART drew her too:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The most fun part is that there was a fairly decent licensed game for the show.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I've noticed her somewhat trending recently, since JamoART drew her too:

The most fun part is that there was a fairly decent licensed game for the show, too.
I dont see this as a bad thing. The show was pretty decent. And there is a rise of 2000s era nostalgia.

I would be down for a new swatkats revival game made by wayforward. Would look amazing

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dont see this as a bad thing. The show was pretty decent. And there is a rise of 2000s era nostalgia.

I would be down for a new swatkats revival game made by wayforward. Would look amazing
Either them or DotEmu, yeah. It would certainly make up for the Quackshot revival game never getting off the ground as a concept.

Also, for the record, I saw the show on its first run back in the 90s.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Either them or DotEmu, yeah. It would certainly make up for the Quackshot revival game never getting off the ground as a concept.

Also, for the record, I saw the show on its first run back in the 90s.
Yeah either of them could nake a good game. I was sad that quackshot pitch failed. I remember playing that back as a kid.

Oh it started in the 90s? I thought it was very early 2000s. My bad

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Nobody:

Absolutely Nobody:

I heard that a new Swat Kats was being made sometime ago.

D

Deleted member

Yesterday I went back to 100% everything in Half Genie Hero and I remembered how much I wanted Shantae in Smash.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is from a few days ago. But someone on twitter posted a pretty cool shantae moveset idea, and wanted to share it.

Also here is a great shantae cosplay!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Alright, hypothetical, what would Shantae's chances be if she STILL only had the ONE original GBC game? What if she was a 1st party character with her series as it is?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just keep in mind, if the ARMS fighter isn't someone that's already in the game in some form, don't act like the sky is falling. There are still 5 slots left. :cool:

More fan art incomin'

Also, here's a switch, one of WayForward's forgotten ladies dressed up as Shantae.

Alright, hypothetical, what would Shantae's chances be if she STILL only had the ONE original GBC game? What if she was a 1st party character with her series as it is?
Not sure if I understood it, but...

Question 1: Infinitesimal chances, seeing as indies with only one game can only get collectibles.

Question 2: Her chances that she would get in are about 50/50, as this means she'd have to avoid getting a spirit event and need to be paid attention to like Splatoon, FE, Animal Crossing and such.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
If she was a first party but just 1 gbc game... small chance. Nintendonhave forgotten their own series with more games then that(panel de pon, chibi robo, costum robo, to name a few)

Just keep in mind, if the ARMS fighter isn't someone that's already in the game in some form, don't act like the sky is falling. There are still 5 slots left. :cool:

More fan art incomin'

Also, here's a switch, one of WayForward's forgotten ladies dressed up as Shantae.

Not sure if I understood it, but...

Question 1: Infinitesimal chances, seeing as indies with only one game can only get collectibles.

Question 2: Her chances that she would get in are about 50/50, as this means she'd have to avoid getting a spirit event and need to be paid attention to like Splatoon, FE, Animal Crossing and such.
I did see those fan arts on twitter and liked them!

D

Deleted member

I haven't talked about Shantae in Smash for a long long while. I've been pushing for more Wario Land stuff and Crash Bandicoot in Smash for some time.

How is she regarding her chances? I assume they've been the same for a while.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. As things stand, it's a Mexican standoff until December 2021.
That's what I thought. I still have a very strong feeling she won't make it but I'm not completely ruling her out. If she does make it in I'll be very happy, as well as many others.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That's what I thought. I still have a very strong feeling she won't make it but I'm not completely ruling her out. If she does make it in I'll be very happy, as well as many others.
We are all pretty hopeful here, but not counting our chickens to they hatch. she has a lot of interesting little tidbits that could lead to her, or be nothing.

Honestly what happens to be the ARMS rep is a key to her fate.

Anyway, this six fan art challenge going around has given us a lot of Shantae art.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Again, I wouldn't read too much (or at all) into whether the ARMS fighter's addition means anything, since that is a Schrodinger's Cat in itself. Most were convinced that Pass 1 would only have third-parties, so things can change pretty late.

That said, as troubled as The Road to El Dorado has been in regards to being made properly, it's still nice to see Chel alongside Shantae, Nami, Eri and the PSwG pair.

Anyway, I probably won't post much in the thread for some time, so I'll report if anything noteworthy happens.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Again, I wouldn't read too much (or at all) into whether the ARMS fighter's addition means anything, since that is a Schrodinger's Cat in itself. Most were convinced that Pass 1 would only have third-parties, so things can change pretty late.

That said, as troubled as The Road to El Dorado has been in regards to being made properly, it's still nice to see Chel alongside Shantae, Nami, Eri and the PSwG pair.

Anyway, I probably won't post much in the thread for some time, so I'll report if anything noteworthy happens.
I mean, technically, she's not dead till Sakurai, says she is or says no spirits are being updated. However, if non of the ARMS spirits are updated, its a strong indication how it MAY go.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, technically, she's not dead till Sakurai, says she is or says no spirits are being updated. However, if non of the ARMS spirits are updated, its a strong indication how it MAY go.
…I think I'll just do the reasonable thing, and wait and see what happens (mainly by playing games). We obviously are going to go in circles again as long the no-spoiler embargo hasn't been lifted for SSS.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
…I think I'll just do the reasonable thing, and wait and see what happens (mainly by playing games). We obviously are going to go in circles again as long the no-spoiler embargo hasn't been lifted for SSS.
That honestly is the best idea. Right now the whole smash fanom is just spinning the drain till we get some news, or an actual legit leak happens lol.

Man I wish Shantae was the end of this month and now next month...

... Unless you are saying something in seven sirens could be hinting at Shantae in smash....

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nah, I'm just saying that since folks are avoiding spoilers for that game until late next month, we won't get much discussion here.
For that game yeah for sure. But we can keep talking about other Wayforad stuff, possible fake leaks to point and laugh at, and shantae fanart. Speaking of that.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
For that game yeah for sure. But we can keep talking about other Wayforad stuff, possible fake leaks to point and laugh at, and shantae fanart. Speaking of that.

(Sees Shantae, Rhea, and :ultpalutena: alongside Cutie Honey, Morrigan, and Misato)
That is a man of culture right there.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, again that we don't if its one of the 15 fighters or a new one for an upcoming sequel for the series.
Screenshot_20200326-093028_YouTube.jpg
Its going to be a long wait for June with COVID still plaguing the world on staycation.
Screenshot_20191119-012146_YouTube.jpg

D

Deleted member

These 6 fan arts things are super nice. Especially seeing characters I like.

Also, I remembered a couple of days ago, I went to look up stuff about Seven Sirens and when I did, I remembered WayForward already released the full game on Apple Arcade, so I said forget it because I didn't want to be spoiled.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Shantae never moved Forward and only had one game no pun intended, her chances would be a lot worse than they're now like almost no chance in hell. If her franchise was a Nintendo franchise her chances would skyrocket through the roof since she would be a popular Nintendo protagonist that a lot of people want in the game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If Shantae was stuck to her one game on the GBC, she wouldn't be able to go far with support from smaller fanbase and WF being not Well Known since she's obscure.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Another fanart i found, and if this artist really is doing a doodle a day till Seven Sirens, we can expect a lot more good art of shantae till the end of may!

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i contacted that 1 store that had the sealed shantae a few months ago, to see if they have it and how much it is. Luckily i am still working, getting paied extra due to hazard pay(going into many super markets) and the government check hopefully is coming. I think i can afford 300 bucks for a sealed shantae for my collection... but if its more probably gonna say no thanks. You guys think thats a good price for such a rare thing?

Top Bottom