• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I overall liked GameXplain's list and that Shantae was in the top 10, but there was an obvious lack of Reimu, Ayla from Chrono Trigger, and Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn.

As for Verge, I keep on finding myself becoming more skeptical of him. I tend to find Sabi trustworthy due to her NOA source, but something about Verge's kill list seems off to me.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I overall liked GameXplain's list and that Shantae was in the top 10, but there was an obvious lack of Reimu, Ayla from Chrono Trigger, and Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn.

As for Verge, I keep on finding myself becoming more skeptical of him. I tend to find Sabi trustworthy due to her NOA source, but something about Verge's kill list seems off to me.
Well, he didn't get K. Rool before his reveal. Also, he didn't know Terry was coming until Nintendo leaked SNK's involvement in Smash.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For now, the only potential information for Shantae (maybe) is the Promare Movie event for Dec 8 (tomorrow) & 10 for her game trailer. IDK if there are any changes to the trailer, but we will find out.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So some people are saying the last five lines of Vergeben's BIG ASS deconfirmation list are actually "the character MIGHT be" and

It possibly being a Microsoft
It possibly being a Square Enix
It being a Nintendo
It being an AT promotion
It being a spirit promotion

these are actually stated as FP5 MAY be "those"

its confusing and now Im just acting as no leak was said.

but uhh yeah this TOTALLY confirms Shantae.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So some people are saying the last five lines of Vergeben's BIG ASS deconfirmation list are actually "the character MIGHT be" and

It being a Nintendo
It being an AT promotion

I wish. If we could get Shantae, I wouldn't ask Sakurai for anymore characters in this game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I wish. If we could get Shantae, I wouldn't ask Sakurai for anymore characters in this game.
There would be some characters left on the list even if you think its done on requests. Just that the fire of the most requested would be quenched and more calm.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

It being a Nintendo
It being an AT promotion

Looking over the post, those last five lines do seem weird. He says "The source wouldn't get specific (it seems they can't) but they did say that none of these characters mentioned are Fighter 5 either:" and then begins to simply list "Capcom Characters, Konami Characters..." Then it changes in those last five lines as if he is moving on to a different point. But in the same token he might have just felt it was more important to point out how much it WASN'T one of those last five categories. Without clarification from Verg we can't really guess as to what those five lines mean.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, I'm going to step outside the ring a bit to cool off before I get set up to fall hard once official news comes in.
Screenshot_20190915-015022_YouTube.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think just trying to guess what he means by his writing its best to see. If it is that it may be a spirit upgrade shantae shoots through the roof

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It's from the Monogatari Series and the character is Mayoi Hachikuji. It has a confusing watch order, but if you're interested I recommend starting with the Kizumonogatari movies.
is the watch order viewable so I dont have to go around asking for it?

like a list of the order on a wikipedia page?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What do we get from trying to suss out truth from these leakers? Does anyone really feel they'll get peace of mind hearing an answer from anything short of an official source? Truly change any preconceived notions that one personally has about said chances?

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
is the watch order viewable so I dont have to go around asking for it?

like a list of the order on a wikipedia page?
This website has the list for you: https://recommendmeanime.com/watch-monogatari-series-order/

Also Sabi has now updated his statement from "in a bit" to 1 or 2 days since he's waiting on word from someone to clarify something. Sounds to me like he's buying time. There's only 5 days left until TGAs and 1 to 2 days is right before the State of Play too.

What do we get from trying to suss out truth from these leakers? Does anyone really feel they'll get peace of mind hearing an answer from anything short of an official source? Truly change any preconceived notions that one personally has about said chances?
Honestly I'm just messing around with it because it's fun to speculate. I don't really care about what they say, just that it keeps the speculation going.

Last edited:

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I was more surprised by lack of MIDNA. and Lip

AND NO MARINA LITEYEARS!

Going by all the current deconfirms, Verge's and Sabi's

I can see Sony is still in the running so Kratos, Sly Cooper, Nathan Drake (bleuurgggh), Ellie, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Kat, Sackboy
for others I see Saber of Fate/StayNight, Knight of Hollow Knight, Cadence of Crypt of the Necrodancer Quote, Commander Video, Dragalia Lost or Granblue Fantasy character, and Gerralt of Witcher, Heavy of TF2 or just a TF2 character, Chell of Portal,

Keep in mind ALL of these I am SEVERELY reaching and stretching my limits on who I can consider IF the leaks/deconfirmatons WERE true. thats a mere 18 characters and honestly outside Heavy, Chell, R&C, Kat Quote, and maaaybe The Knight and Cadence... all of those suck. to me BADLY, like massive dissapointment tier (still not rage inducing grief and despiar like Steve from Minecraft though, so good on them...)
There's also the idea of a PC rep, which would also appeal to China and Korea, at least someone other than Tracer. Tencent would be likely (in which case a League of Legends rep would be an example).

zferolie

Smash Hero
Speaking of sabi

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They put some stuff out. Seems like they dont agree with verge and still say a namco character is possible. Same w9th spirits being upgraded

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Speaking of sabi

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They put some stuff out. Seems like they dont agree with verge and still say a namco character is possible. Same w9th spirits being upgraded
Where did Sabi menton spirit promotion?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, that just gave me a small adrenaline boost for not sleeping yet
Screenshot_20191207-213151_YouTube.jpg

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Looks like Verge is backtracking after getting called out on it.

Not that I put too much stock in his original post, but I think this does help Shantae's chance since he walked back the "no spirits" thing.

Top Bottom