• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Looks like Sabi deconfirmed Sora.

Shantae is still my dark horse hope for the last fighter's pass character, though I'd still bet on her being a post pass fighter instead.
Man, they are knocking out characters left and right it seems.

#5 is going to be surprising to a lot of people. I mean most all of the big names that everyone talks about have been deconfirmed for #5 by either Sabi or Verg. Not many expectable characters left.

Really wonder if this is going to be another Terry with it being some character that virtually no one had been talking about.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Or maybe only a few people that was still holding for the character(s) that wasn't brought up a lot.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Or maybe only a few people that was still holding for the character(s) that wasn't brought up a lot.
Either way it makes things very interesting. Here's hoping it's someone that people weren't talking about because everyone just assumed it was impossible and not because they are someone relatively obscure so not many people even care to bring them up. Tho I will be really happy for that small group of fans if it is one of the more fringe characters.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Smash Bros is a game where characters regarding them being obscure, has a chance to relive the spotlight once more with the mechanics and ideas he/she has to offer for audience to see

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Dang, this is getting very nerve-racking. Shantae is barely dodging their bullets, and there's still plenty of time for her to be deconfirmed for the spot. I hope she isn't.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wow sabi disconfirmed Sora? Been so busy building a display gor work the last 4 hours i missed it haha. What exactly did she say?

So far only verge discpnfirmed no namco character right not sabi? And if both are right man this leaves so little. Really feeling an indie character coming...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just be careful where we are treading next. It just might fall apart without any warning.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Just be careful where we are treading next. It just might fall apart without any warning.
Right, it's best to be guarded no matter what. It's always possible that any one of these "deconfirmations" could have been a misunderstanding. Tho not likely, Both Verg and Sabi's sources could have wrong information or just slightly off information. They giv ea good guideline to work with, but virtually anything could end up happening.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I haven't watched this yet but i am better Shantae is on it, most likely in part 2

zferolie

Smash Hero
So what if we instead get a random drop on the day of smashes anniversary fp5? No fanfare, just drops the video?

Otherwise we are waiting for the next direct, which would be mid January normally, which is crazy close to when they plan to have all 5 foghters out by

EDIT: So Jon outright said that had nothing to do woth smash and was more of a joke, and also wanting pokemom dash. I thought it was more of a joke as gameexplain never outright leak stuff themselves they only report on it. Though jon was Scarily accurate about the FF blowout last year, pretty safe to assume this post is not real leak

Last edited:

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Sabi deconfirmed Sora.

Shantae is still my dark horse hope for the last fighter's pass character, though I'd still bet on her being a post pass fighter instead.
I know Sora was like 50/50 for a lot of people, but that is a huge deconfirm.

I have to wonder if the source is sure it's "fighter 5" we keep deconfirming. However, this for sure means it's a character from a small company. Because Sora is the one big character I could see having the tight lip secrecy if not from a small company.

This whole thing is crazy. I dont even know who I'd want to see who to be the one to break this drought of characters.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I know Sora was like 50/50 for a lot of people, but that is a huge deconfirm.

I have to wonder if the source is sure it's "fighter 5" we keep deconfirming. However, this for sure means it's a character from a small company. Because Sora is the one big character I could see having the tight lip secrecy if not from a small company.

This whole thing is crazy. I dont even know who I'd want to see who to be the one to break this drought of characters.
If it's not Shantae, I don't think I'll have a lot of fanfare if this theory holds up.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I haven't watched this yet but i am better Shantae is on it, most likely in part 2

Don't worry, Shantae is not on the bottom part of the top 100 females. Tomorrow we shall we where Gamexplain puts our favorite Half Genie Hero on the top 50.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So what if we instead get a random drop on the day of smashes anniversary fp5? No fanfare, just drops the video?

Otherwise we are waiting for the next direct, which would be mid January normally, which is crazy close to when they plan to have all 5 foghters out by

EDIT: So Jon outright said that had nothing to do woth smash and was more of a joke, and also wanting pokemom dash. I thought it was more of a joke as gameexplain never outright leak stuff themselves they only report on it. Though jon was Scarily accurate about the FF blowout last year, pretty safe to assume this post is not real leak
Jon was also eerily accurate when he "predicted" the Kirby's Epic Yarn port to the 3DS just before it happened. SO the odds that he has some insider info is certainly a possibility. Tho if he says the tweet wasn't about Smash I think we can take his word on it. Seems like a pretty obvious joke about someone who was expecting a game announcement that was clearly never going to happen.

That said, if there isn't a reveal at the game awards... They better do one soon. Fans have been going kind nuts during this news drought and leaving them in the lurch wouldn't be the coolest of moves for Nintendo to pull.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
GameXplain and insider Jon sure seem to be talking alot about female characters recently. Makes you wonder if he knows something we don't.

I have no idea who fighter #5 is at this point, but it's interesting that it hasn't leaked yet. I imagine a smaller company like WayForward would be better at keeping **** secret than a bigger company like Capcom.

zferolie

Smash Hero
GameXplain and insider Jon sure seem to be talking alot about female characters recently. Makes you wonder if he knows something we don't.

I have no idea who fighter #5 is at this point, but it's interesting that it hasn't leaked yet. I imagine a smaller company like WayForward would be better at keeping **** secret than a bigger company like Capcom.
Watch their #1 femalw fighter be shantae, and then Shantae is announced

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I will be shocked if she's not in their top 10, if not top 5.

Though I am glad that they gave a shout out to Madeline from Celeste. She's another one of my most wanted long shot characters for Smash.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Imagine we get a Shantae reveal on the anniversary of Joker's announcement (technically it was on the 6th but it was suuuper close to 7th) an Smash Ultimate's Release which tomorrow is when we get the part 2 to Gameexplain's top 100 females for Smash video.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember that she does have competition with other female reps like Lara Croft for one. So, while its not a complete guarantee with the mystery fog still up, there is still a chance to take.
I'll leave this short fan comic if she would join Smash in the near future
Artist: CountMickey02
CNq_MLWWgAAdLCP.jpeg

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Just remember that she does have competition with other female reps like Lara Croft for one. So, while its not a complete guarantee with the mystery fog still up, there is still a chance to take.
I'll leave this short fan comic if she would join Smash in the near future
Artist: CountMickey02
Did you forget that Lara is also a SQUARE ENIX character? With Geno and now Sora deconfirmed, I doubt CP #5 is another Square rep.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Did you forget that Lara is also a SQUARE ENIX character? With Geno and now Sora deconfirmed, I doubt CP #5 is another Square rep.
Just a reference of the potential female reps that still have a chance. Still, I forgot the Tomb Raider series was done by Square Enix. Thanks for the reminder

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Just a reference of the potential female reps that still have a chance. Still, I forgot the Tomb Raider series was done by Square Enix. Thanks for the reminder
Surprisingly no one is talking about that one alleged Smash model leak of Sakura from Sakura Wars that was posted a while back. Like Shantae (at least right now), she is yet to be deconfirmed by insiders like Verge and Sabi for that coveted slot.

Last edited:

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I feel like that old theory might hold up. Fighter 5 is Shantae (or some other 'lesser' character like Reimu) and we get a surprise reveal for the first post pass character whose a better marketing option for the typical TGA audience (so basically an M game character, like Doom/Master Chief).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on this possibly hinting at Shantae because of Daisy butt posing in the banner. Though I would love to be wrong though.

moraven116

Smash Rookie
Daisy debuted in Marioland on the Gameboy, Shantae Debuted on the Gameboy Color, Obviously, Daisy is hip bumping Shantae in the banner art. Boom cased closed. Seriously though Daisy pose has always seemed like it's missing something or someone. Hm

zferolie

Smash Hero
Daisy debuted in Marioland on the Gameboy, Shantae Debuted on the Gameboy Color, Obviously, Daisy is hip bumping Shantae in the banner art. Boom cased closed. Seriously though Daisy pose has always seemed like it's missing something or someone. Hm
They also are both simular personality wise, and both come from desert kingdoms.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Woah, woah, WOAH!!! Wait just a second:beezo::beezo::beezo: Daisy debut in the first Gameboy game Super Mario Land and Shantae debut in the last Gameboy Color game Shantae if I'm not mistaken. That's it! She's in y'all. :4pacman:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
That picture is quite interesting. Aside from Mario and Daisy all the other characters were DLC.

PushDustin brought up the possibility that it was all done for balance in the image, suggesting that Daisy just balanced out PP because they are both mario characters (and her name is a flower, not something Dustin mentioned just my own observation)

But if framing was the issue, why not just get rid of Mario and Daisy and put PP in the middle. It would be fitting, showing off all the current DLC characters with the first one front and center.

It does make one wonder. Doesn't mean it's Shantae, but I wouldn't be surprised if whoever the next one is will end up next to Daisy on the mural.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That picture is quite interesting. Aside from Mario and Daisy all the other characters were DLC.

PushDustin brought up the possibility that it was all done for balance in the image, suggesting that Daisy just balanced out PP because they are both mario characters (and her name is a flower, not something Dustin mentioned just my own observation)

But if framing was the issue, why not just get rid of Mario and Daisy and put PP in the middle. It would be fitting, showing off all the current DLC characters with the first one front and center.

It does make one wonder. Doesn't mean it's Shantae, but I wouldn't be surprised if whoever the next one is will end up next to Daisy on the mural.
Perhaps, but remember:

Top Bottom