• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm personally waiting to see if a new Crash and/or Spyro project is going to be shown off.
Or maybe they finally have something presentable for Metroid Prime 4?

What was really cool about Joker's reveal was how it second-guesses you into thinking it's a straight Persona announcement at first (I remember one guy's reaction where he completely missed the Smash part until the end). Imagine if it was just the Shantae Studio Trigger opening playing at first to bait you into just waiting for a release date on Seven Sirens... before suddenly continuing where it left off.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or maybe they finally have something presentable for Metroid Prime 4?

What was really cool about Joker's reveal was how it second-guesses you into thinking it's a straight Persona announcement at first (I remember one guy's reaction where he completely missed the Smash part until the end). Imagine if it was just the Shantae Studio Trigger opening playing at first to bait you into just waiting for a release date on Seven Sirens... before suddenly continuing where it left off.
They just got a Halo artist for MP4, so that'll take a while still, I'm afraid.

That'd be cool. I wonder if they'll do like last year and spam us with Smash ads repeatedly...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, we will see what Sakurai has to show us for terry tomorrow. Maybe some room for a Mii costume? We can hope, but not too far.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember the exact wording on the follow up tweet (find it in the PapaGenos video) but the tweet mentioned a line about how delays could happen if technical difficulties occur. One of the comments below mentioned the possibility that they might have a 'technical difficulty' that might be a 'surprise' reveal, even if it isn't discussed in the Terry thing proper.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember the exact wording on the follow up tweet (find it in the PapaGenos video) but the tweet mentioned a line about how delays could happen if technical difficulties occur. One of the comments below mentioned the possibility that they might have a 'technical difficulty' that might be a 'surprise' reveal, even if it isn't discussed in the Terry thing proper.
Eh, I have no reason to believe that would happen given that these past 'breakdowns' didn't announce any characters.

But if I see Megaman.EXE's red-and-black symbol doubled over to make an 'X' somewhere in the "glitching out," I'll know exactly what's going on and fan-squealing all day long.

Dukefire

Smash Master
20 guest characters in the stage for terry. Intense for the people that play with the SNK games.

zferolie

Smash Hero
No mai was both amusing but also has me slightly worried... he basically said Mai was too sexy or adult for the game... and shantae wears less. I know she has a spirit though, and she doesnt use sex appeal like Mai... but still.

Also, neither of those 2 mii costumes appeared. So no idea how that effects that leak.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Is Shantae made for good boys and girls? Yeah, she has plenty of showing skin, but she's not terribly salacious or anything.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
The Doom Guy rumor is now dead. So it's up in the air folks. We probably will get an announcement either in a Direct this month or at the Game Awards.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
No mai was both amusing but also has me slightly worried... he basically said Mai was too sexy or adult for the game... and shantae wears less. I know she has a spirit though, and she doesnt use sex appeal like Mai... but still.

Also, neither of those 2 mii costumes appeared. So no idea how that effects that leak.
Mai also shows agood chunk of her hips and far more cleavage, and her idle poses always show her swinging breasts.

But we do have a point towards her now. Sakurai stated " How fun a character is, is more important then recognizability or popularity"

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The Doom Guy rumor is now dead. So it's up in the air folks. We probably will get an announcement either in a Direct this month or at the Game Awards.
No it isn't. Why would it be? I mean, if that footage was some sort of beta test, why would it relate to todays stream? It would be way too early.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Mai also shows agood chunk of her hips and far more cleavage, and her idle poses always show her swinging breasts.

But we do have a point towards her now. Sakurai stated " How fun a character is, is more important then recognizability or popularity"
Yeah, I picked up on him mentioning things like "vibrant" and otherwise lively throughout. Looking good for our genie girl.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I got worried as soon as he brought up how lewd Mai is and that's why she didn't appear. I don't think it's anything too damning, but it's something that gives me a bit of pause.

zferolie

Smash Hero
The doomguy rumor is still alive and well. Nothing today deconfirmed it. If we got those costumes today then he would be deconfirmed.

Yeah true. She doesnt show off her bewbs as much as mai does as part of her attacks and animations. And that last point does help her for sure, and gives a lot more not as well known characters a better shot

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
That "Good little boys and girls" line was funny.

Sadly no Mai Shiranui.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
In case, SNK gave terry of 50 music tracks. Now that's something to represent the games from SNK as a whole.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Again, Samus in tank top and shorts exist, and was used to represent Shantae in the battle. It's a matter of compromise and Shantae's modestly sized chest wouldn't take much extra work to cover, just like Bayonetta can keep her attitude without having to completely strip or use occasional profanity.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, Samus in tank top and shorts exist, and was used to represent Shantae in the battle. It's a matter of compromise and Shantae's modestly sized chest wouldn't take much extra work to cover, just like Bayonetta can keep her attitude without having to completely strip or use occasional profanity.
Most would be her hair on the legs showing and no complete strip when her final smash has the Umbra Climax activated.

D

Deleted member

Since terry has 50 songs that means the reimu leak lives

I kinda wanted to disprove it

it’s gonna leave me butthurt that shantae isn’t 1st indie rep

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Since terry has 50 songs that means the reimu leak lives

I kinda wanted to disprove it

it’s gonna leave me butthurt that shantae isn’t 1st indie rep
That could also mean that WF could add other music tracks from the different games they made over the years. Though, the current heat is on the final spot for FP1 with the last invite landing very soon.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Anyway Shantae still has a chance thanks to this one line:

Though, I do expect some fans will use Mai as a restriction against shantae. But like what Sakurai said, the invite is for any game character to grab. Regarding if the character is not popular, just looks, very popular, etc. Sakurai is a person that display a well made plan.

Take that fan rules.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
That might be the case with them having the fans stack odds against their chances in smash.

Though, we still must wait to see Sakurai's next play. For now, Are You Okay? Bustah Wolf!!!
Screenshot_20191105-234436_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Did the leak specifically mention 50 songs would be included/approved?
The Reimu leak didn’t talk about Terry, it was just that one of the doujin circles’ members had a list of around 20 Touhou tracks/remixes they were working on and supposedly it was for Smash, and they previously leaked something else from a Touhou game (though their “leak” was already on a mostly unnoticed Twitter post, however the files seem to have been compressed differently so idk). I think people argued against it by saying “they wouldn’t include anymore than 11 or 12 tracks.”

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The Reimu leak didn’t talk about Terry, it was just that one of the doujin circles’ members had a list of around 20 Touhou tracks/remixes they were working on and supposedly it was for Smash, and they previously leaked something else from a Touhou game (though their “leak” was already on a mostly unnoticed Twitter post, however the files seem to have been compressed differently so idk). I think people argued against it by saying “they wouldn’t include anymore than 11 or 12 tracks.”
and then Terry gets ******* FIFTY!

HAHAHAAH

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Shantae is from a rated E10+ series so I wouldn't be too worried about her being too sexy for the good bois and gurls out there in the world. Plus, the moveset quote from Sakurai about the character being fun whether than just recognizable is a big plus for our gal.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Plus, Shantae's outfit is based on the Arabian's outfit for females. Disney Jasmin is a good example.

220px-Princess_Jasmine_disney.png

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So at this poit th ONLY possible thing to keep Shantae out is the lone rule of "spirits deconfirm" and thats basically gone after this Fighter Pass...

Top Bottom