• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Well, that settles that.

Now....how the ever loving **** are they gonna make this showcase 45 minutes long with NO info on the next DLC or any new reveals for DLC?

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
I just don't know what to make of this. Are we getting a "Released Spirits" of Shantae/Geno/MonHun at the VGA? Was this supposed to be Tracer but got canned? Why would this happen...why.

Edit: Wait, I guess there might be a big Direct around the corner.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, we will see in a month at the VGA. For now, lets enjoy seeing Terry at his finest in Smash coming..................sometime unknown.
Screenshot_20191104-084816_YouTube.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Settle down, it's just another character presentation, not a general Smash direct. I imagine that they would want to talk a bit about the Neo Geo, a console that was never featured in Smash until now. Fatal Cutie might probably show up.

Tracer was just a fan bandwagonning fake leak over the Overwatch Switch case tease. They can't "cut" characters willy-nilly, this isn't like Brawl or Smash 4.

One just needs to wait. Everything will be made clear someday, just relax and find a way to pass the time in the meantime. I'm just channeling Dukefire Dukefire right now aren't I.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
If she does show, then Terry's nightmare has became a reality.
Artist: Kira-Vera
EIj5i9hWwAEz0b6.jpeg
EIj5i9hXkAAGbDF.jpeg
EIj5i94XsAEWeRt.jpeg
EIj5jEhX0AIkalM.jpeg

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Unrelated fact, but the Cinemassacre guys played some Shantae music in one of their videos today. During the "James and Mike Mondays" Playthrough of Ghoul Patrol the speed up a boss sequence and played the GBC Burning Town theme over it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Guys...guys....GUYS!

Shantae was revealed to be in Smash Bros. on November 1st, 2018. We are getting info on Terry in a Smash showcase video on November 6th, one year....and FIVE days after her reveal.

She's in.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'll leave a shantae artwork for tonight.
Artist: JaysonBlade
fatal_cutie_by_jaysonblade_ddjpc4z-pre.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
so they are gonna reveal the final fighter at the game awards. guess thats it then. we will need to wait a long time to find out how the fighters after the pass are.

So if the DLC mii fighters are shown... and both Geno and Doom guy are mii costumes with Mallow and Cacodemon... that would be a big hit to a lot of people.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Since the mii costumes in the leak seemed to still be in testing, I’m hoping that means they won’t be revealed in the presentation. Since they’re ahead of schedule and work on multiple things at once, they could just have them finished/nearly finished and are saving them for later.

Superiorstar

Smash Cadet
if the leak is real, I'm pretty sure shantae's chances will skyrocket. that is, if the costumes come with fighters.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, if Geno and Doom Slayer don't show any hide nor hair, and Mallow and Cacodemon show up in their stead, there will no longer be any doubt. And prove once and for all that ignoring clear leaks, and paying attention to blurry fake leaks is foolish.

Unrelated fact, but the Cinemassacre guys played some Shantae music in one of their videos today. During the "James and Mike Mondays" Playthrough of Ghoul Patrol the speed up a boss sequence and played the GBC Burning Town theme over it.
I never struck James as much of a game buff compared to his cinematography knowledge, so it's a bit curious for him to have done this.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
So if the DLC mii fighters are shown... and both Geno and Doom guy are mii costumes with Mallow and Cacodemon... that would be a big hit to a lot of people.
On the flip side: 4chan will have an ego-orgy if Doom [noun] is becomes playable.

I'mma just get ready for raids, just in case.

zferolie

Smash Hero
On the flip side: 4chan will have an ego-orgy if Doom [noun] is becomes playable.

Well we inow we arent getting any new fighters, and sakurai admited it will have a lot of rambling. I have a feeling he may spend some time talking about some mii fighter picks, and if doomguy is one of them i can see him maybe explaining he they made him a mii fighter.

Same if geno is once again a mii fighter. He may talk about it.

Shame we need to wait all the way till the game awards for fighter 5. When is that this year?

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Well we inow we arent getting any new fighters, and sakurai admited it will have a lot of rambling. I have a feeling he may spend some time talking about some mii fighter picks, and if doomguy is one of them i can see him maybe explaining he they made him a mii fighter.

Same if geno is once again a mii fighter. He may talk about it.

Shame we need to wait all the way till the game awards for fighter 5. When is that this year?
December 12th... I'm hoping for a pre-shopping season Direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anyone else figure that Sak will try playing against himself with 4 controllers this time?

Geno is somewhat mechanical, so I'm sure that /m/ would be happy about him, too.

Also, don't forget that 5Chan are the ones who were responsible for starting the "rumors" in the first place.

December 12th... I'm hoping for a pre-shopping season Direct.
The VGAs are the Direct, tho. :ultjoker:

And yes, I've pretty much watched the whole thing last year. Those not used to staying up, I would suggest sleeping in, instead of anxiously waiting for someone that may not be revealed yet. I couldn't tell you how often I tried to mentally shut myself up about expecting Banjo & Kazooie at that time.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Uncle Mimic is a muscle man confirmed by WayForward

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Chances are, he's one of Karnov's bookish close friends. Maybe even best, if he's taking care of his daughter!

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Am I the only one hoping these character mini-bios WayForward's doing are a prelude to when they become spirits?

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one hoping these character mini-bios WayForward's doing are a prelude to when they become spirits?
I will not be one bit surprised to find out that everyone that was invited to the Ultimate Slumber Party in HGH turned out to be on the Spirit Board.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
It'd be very odd of Nintendo to perform the same trick twice (VGA's), but that's my only hangup. Makes sense otherwise.

Boss Smash or Smash Run still seem more likely, but it could be another story mode, too.
Even a Melee-esque Adventure Mode guiding all the Spirits back to their own worlds post-WoL.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Very odd? For this game, people expect BIG reveals to happen in BIG events, and there's no ideal occasion left to reveal a new character this year other than the VGAs. When else would it happen, Christmas? New Year's Eve? Which would be doubtful, since Nintendo rarely plans for holidays.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Very odd? For this game, people expect BIG reveals to happen in BIG events, and there's no ideal occasion left to reveal a new character this year other than the VGAs. When else would it happen, Christmas? New Year's Eve? Which would be doubtful, since Nintendo rarely plans for holidays.
I think some people feel VGAs are a little odd because it's a very western event and Japan doesn't watch it. I've also heard people say Joker's reveal at the VGAs last year was actually short notice.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think some people feel VGAs are a little odd because it's a very western event and Japan doesn't watch it. I've also heard people say Joker's reveal at the VGAs last year was actually short notice.
In any case, the international fanbase is acknowledged, and Japan gets shadow drops regardless. :drshrug:

Besides, there probably isn't enough stuff ready for another regular Direct for this year anyways.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
In any case, the international fanbase is acknowledged, and Japan gets shadow drops regardless. :drshrug:

Besides, there probably isn't enough stuff ready for another regular Direct for this year anyways.
Yeah, though admittedly I dunno when they'd do the character reveal otherwise. The next time a Direct would happen would probably be the major one they do in January, which seems way too far off.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, though admittedly I dunno when they'd do the character reveal otherwise. The next time a Direct would happen would probably be the major one they do in January, which seems way too far off.
So yeah, the VGAs' timeframe is the only logical occasion this time. Which is just as well, seeing as the event wouldn't be worth seeing for much news reveals other than that anyways. I just hope it'll feel less like a bizarre fever dream this time.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
So yeah, the VGAs' timeframe is the only logical occasion this time. Which is just as well, seeing as the event wouldn't be worth seeing for much news reveals other than that anyways. I just hope it'll feel less like a bizarre fever dream this time.
Eh, never know. Maybe something on Bayonetta 3 or BotW 2.

Top Bottom