• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On my end, my safe bets are King Boo, Poochy and Edelgard. Not really sure which Gen 8 they'd go with, but I lean towards Sobble's final evo.

If any of those get in, all bets are off. It would help if most of the icons in my sig actually worked again.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I mean it wouldn’t hurt to add some characters from exsisting series. Would it?
Oh yeah it definitely would, but I just believe he'll focus more on 3rd parties and put maybe 1 or 2 first parties because I still believe adding out of nowhere 3rd parties picks creates a lot of buzz in the Gaming community & Media which still get talked about till this day, I mean we have freaking Cloud, Snake, Banjo, Joker, Bayonetta, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Simon, Richter, Hero, Ryu, Ken, and soon Terry having all these characters in 1 freaking game is completely absurd and amazing at the same time.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I went on Twitter and then saw a rather blunt comment. Basically, the guy that does Boundary Break is saying "Nah, Sakurai doesn't care about Indies" because of Shovel Knight's AT and Sans' Mii Costume statuses.
tweet.png
It's his opinion, so don't go to him and torment him over this tweet. That being said, I believe he's severely underestimating both the Indie crowd's influence and Sakurai, because after this tweet, people are saying Reimu, Quote, Shantae, among others as Indie candidates.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah it definitely would, but I just believe he'll focus more on 3rd parties and put maybe 1 or 2 first parties because I still believe adding out of nowhere 3rd parties picks creates a lot of buzz in the Gaming community & Media which still get talked about till this day, I mean we have freaking Cloud, Snake, Banjo, Joker, Bayonetta, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Simon, Richter, Hero, Ryu, Ken, and soon Terry having all these characters in 1 freaking game is completely absurd and amazing at the same time.
You do have a point and I understand. but at least make it somthing to consider if an already repped character gets in as a fighter.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Here's what I'll do for this first-party speculation: one potential newcomer from each represented series that I see as the most likely at the moment, except the NES-only ones and discounting assists:

• Super Mario: Paper Mario. We have three Links, what's one more Mario?
  • Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Impa
  • Metroid: Sylux
  • Star Fox: Leon Powalski (he could be Wolf's answer to Falco)
  • Yoshi: Baby Bowser (in his original design.)
  • Earthbound: Porky
  • F-Zero: Black Shadow
  • Pokemon: Zacian and/or Zamazenta, or Grookey's final evo
  • Kirby: Bandana Dee
  • Fire Emblem: Edelgard von Hresvelg
  • Kid Icarus: Medusa
  • WarioWare: 9-Volt
  • Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti
  • Wii Fit: Balance Board
  • Punch-Out!!: King Hippo
  • Xenoblade: Rex & Pyra/Mythra
  • Pikmin: Plasm Wraith
  • Splatoon: Octoling

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
You do have a point and I understand. but at least make it somthing to consider if an already repped character gets in as a fighter.
Don't worry I'm the type that keeps an open mind when it comes to any characters coming into Smash either 1st party or 3rd party I just have the mind set of leaning towards 3rd Parties being Sakurai's choices nowadays.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I might be an outlier here, but I really don't have many first party characters I want to see playable in Ultimate. I can only think of two I'd be excited for off the top of my head (Rex & Pyra, Paper Mario). The third parties I want vastly outweigh the first parties lol.
There is still a bunch of Nintendo characters I would like to see:

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Pig Ganon
Skull Kid
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
Impa
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Wart
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Paper Mario
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Lip

But honestly, if I can just get Krystal and Dixie I won't ever need another Nintendo character ever again in Smash.

Last edited:

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
On my end, my safe bets are King Boo, Poochy and Edelgard. Not really sure which Gen 8 they'd go with, but I lean towards Sobble's final evo.

If any of those get in, all bets are off. It would help if most of the icons in my sig actually worked again.
Why Edelgard exactly?If Sakurai really wanted to rep three houses in some way wouldn't it make more sense to pick someone associated with all 4 routes instead of just a few of them?It'd be kind of like if smash 4 chose Ryoma to rep Fates instead of Corrin or even Azura.
But muh axe fighter though isn't really a very good reason imo since it wouldn't massively increase her moveset potential(especially compared to Byleths chainwhip/space-time powers).It really doesn't help that Ike already swings his sword around like it's an axe anyway.

Is the big push for Edel just because she's Daenarys-lite and so would technically be the first playable FE antagonist in smash?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Why Edelgard exactly?If Sakurai really wanted to rep three houses in some way wouldn't it make more sense to pick someone associated with all 4 routes instead of just a few of them?It'd be kind of like if smash 4 chose Ryoma to rep Fates instead of Corrin or even Azura.
But muh axe fighter though isn't really a very good reason imo since it wouldn't massively increase her moveset potential(especially compared to Byleths chainwhip/space-time powers).It really doesn't help that Ike already swings his sword around like it's an axe anyway.

Is the big push for Edel just because she's Daenarys-lite and so would technically be the first playable FE antagonist in smash?
Oh please. You know they will reduce Divine Pulse to something lame like a counter, if that, just like they did with Shulk's future sight, except that one at least is plausible. Rewinding the match is pointless when the other player is equally able to adjust, unlike in-game where the enemy is almost always unaware. And what can Byleth do with a whip sword that the Belmonts can't? It's not anywhere near as flexible as Soulcalibur's Ivy's sword.

Here's the thing: Edelgard is associated with all four routes, because she is one of the driving forces of the plot, regardless of whether you side with her or not. That's more than can be said for the other two lords who can be sidelined or killed offscreen. And Ike doesn't don heavy armour, shields nor does he have battalions of soldiers at his beck and call.

I wouldn't call her being a potential antagonist a selling point, but it is a point of appeal for some.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if most of Shantae's moveset is based off of Risky's gear like in Pirate's Curse, do you guys think Risky could be Shantae's Echo? I would love that. I think they could pull it off by removing Shantae's animal transformations from Risky's moveset. Whether they would replace those moves with moves from other characters in the game or giving Risky her full gear is up for debate.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So if most of Shantae's moveset is based off of Risky's gear like in Pirate's Curse, do you guys think Risky could be Shantae's Echo? I would love that. I think they could pull it off by removing Shantae's animal transformations from Risky's moveset. Whether they would replace those moves with moves from other characters in the game or giving Risky her full gear is up for debate.
It's what I was thinking of before, so yes!! Besides, the definition gets murky and they'd have to acknowledge her popularity besides the spirit. :ultken:

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Oh please. You know they will reduce Divine Pulse to something lame like a counter, if that, just like they did with Shulk's future sight, except that one at least is plausible. Rewinding the match is pointless when the other player is equally able to adjust, unlike in-game where the enemy is almost always unaware. And what can Byleth do with a whip sword that the Belmonts can't? It's not anywhere near as flexible as Soulcalibur's Ivy's sword.

Here's the thing: Edelgard is associated with all four routes, because she is one of the driving forces of the plot, regardless of whether you side with her or not. That's more than can be said for the other two lords who can be sidelined or killed offscreen. And Ike doesn't don heavy armour, shields nor does he have battalions of soldiers at his beck and call.

I wouldn't call her being a potential antagonist a selling point, but it is a point of appeal for some.
Realistically Sakurai wouldn't use the timeskip design so no heavy armor.Historically hes always used the base version of characters from the beginning of the game.(hence why we don't have Grandmaster Robin or Great Lord Lucina/Chrom and why Sakurai couldn't come up with anything for Chrom in 4)
If we do get Edelgard it'll be as her BOG student self.Batallions would be interesting but if Sakurai cant be trusted with a character with both time as well as space powers what makes you think he'd incorporate Batallions into her moveset?

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Pirates curse in its entirety is an outlier in the franchise so I don't think that's very likely.The only reason the pirate gear is even a thing is because the last game ended with her losing most of her powers.I think if she does get in it's far more likely that her moveset will pull from every other game in the series.
Besides,at that point you might as well just use Risky instead of Shantae.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's what I was thinking of before, so yes!! Besides, the definition gets murky and they'd have to acknowledge her popularity besides the spirit. :ultken:
I don't know about you but I find it kind of odd that Shovel Knight got 5 Spirits and Shantae only got 2. They could have added Rotty, Sky, and Bolo but didn't for some reason. Perhaps if Shantae is coming Risky is coming along with her as a Echo. :estatic:

Pirates curse in its entirety is an outlier in the franchise so I don't think that's very likely.The only reason the pirate gear is even a thing is because the last game ended with her losing most of her powers.I think if she does get in it's far more likely that her moveset will pull from every other game in the series.
Besides,at that point you might as well just use Risky instead of Shantae.
Well it was the latest title in the series during the Smash Ballot. And you know as well as I do if Shantae makes it in, it will be because of the Ballot.

Last edited:

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about you but I find it kind of odd that Shovel Knight got 5 Spirits and Shantae only got 2. They could have added Rotty, Sky, and Bolo but didn't for some reason. Perhaps if Shantae is coming Risky is coming along with her as a Echo. :estatic:

Well it was the latest title in the series during the Smash Ballot. And you know as well as I do if Shantae makes it in, it will be because of the Ballot.
Doesn't really mean much tbh.For one,HGH was pretty far in development at the time and it's not like Sakurai immediately went to work thinking up movesets for every single frontrunner anyway.
Besides,Sakurai likes giving characters movesets that tie into the characters identities and if applicable the abilities they have in their original game.
Basing a moveset on the game where the character loses their powers would seem to contradict this design philosophy IMO.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Doesn't really mean much tbh.For one,HGH was pretty far in development at the time and it's not like Sakurai immediately went to work thinking up movesets for every single frontrunner anyway.
Besides,Sakurai likes giving characters movesets that tie into the characters identities and if applicable the abilities they have in their original game.
Basing a moveset on the game where the character loses their powers would seem to contradict this design philosophy IMO.
Well it's possible that Shantae could have her animal transformations as well as some of Risky's gear in her moveset to try and represent all the games.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Well it's possible that Shantae could have her animal transformations as well as some of Risky's gear in her moveset to try and represent all the games.
I could see the scimitar being used as her dash attack.Or the pistol as a neutral special if he really wants to give her a projectile.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I mentioned this on the last page but wasn't there a datamine last year that hinted at a Rottytops Spirit being added in a later update?
I've never heard of that one. I'd love for it to be true, but I feel like at least someone would be talking about it nowadays. The two datamined spirits I heard of were both classic Rare series that still haven't been added even after Banjo was released. It's leading some to believe a Banjo collection port is still coming in the future.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I always imagined Shantae using her magic, 1 or 2 of Risky's gear(I think the hat would be the best one, to give her a unique aerial move where she can float with it.) and transformations.

Coming back to the thread after a long while.

After news of a new wave of dlc fighters es announced, my stance has changed on spirits.

As long as they don’t have other issues weighing them down, I feel characters represented through spirits only, have a higher chance of being promoted to playable.

And from the indie scene, Shantae easily takes the cake. Not only that, but she’s a fan favorite, and there’s speculation that Sakurai will finally comply with fan favorites after the fighters pass.

As for my most wanted, I can only name a few first party.

Mike Jokes And Takamaru take the absolute top spot.

Then Saki Amamiya (is he 1st party though? Or 2nd?) Isaac (who has a lot weighing him down) and Medusa.
Those are some nice picks. I wouldn't mind Mike, he seems to be a forgotten part of nintendos history and smash could bring him back. I am hoping for Hikari and Donbe from Shin Onigashima

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've never heard of that one. I'd love for it to be true, but I feel like at least someone would be talking about it nowadays. The two datamined spirits I heard of were both classic Rare series that still haven't been added even after Banjo was released. It's leading some to believe a Banjo collection port is still coming in the future.
Well, back in December there was a dataminer that found a cut Monster Hunter Spirit in the game's code and no one has really talked about that.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Speaking of Rotty spirits, quite recently, I made another one of these:
(Shantae Series)

Rottytops
Rottytops Transparent for Wadey 2.png
Spirit Type: Primary, :starman::starman::starman:, Grab
Abilities: Lifesteal (2 slots)

Opponent: Daisy (Green alt.)

Rules:
- Move Speed Up
- Item: Food

Conditions:
- The enemy becomes more powerful after eating
- The enemy favours down specials
- The enemy has increased move speed

Stage: Omega Luigi's Mansion
Music: Luigi's Mansion Series Medley
And here's where I originally posted it. Anyways...
I mentioned this on the last page but wasn't there a datamine last year that hinted at a Rottytops Spirit being added in a later update?
Wait, what?!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. With SK's spirits, people can go "Shovel Knight comes with Shield Knight and the Order of No Quarter's most popular members, go figure", yet the only other character Shantae comes with is Risky. Seems fishy to me.

It was said a while back that, at least not too seriously, that Sak could get ambitious and get both Shantae and her, but maybe our assumption might not be far off from the truth? Especially now that FP isn't the end.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
As cool as that'd be, Risky would make zero sense as an echo. You'd have to remove the hair whip and transformations from Shantae's moveset, and at that point why even bother making it Shantae? I know this is a meme but still

The obvious answer is Rotty Sky and Bolo are going to be spirit battles when Shantae joins. Speaking of, what do y'all think the spirits that come with Shantae should be? Assuming we only get at least 7 and at most 11, (as is the pattern with joker/hero/banjo) what spirits would you choose and what would their fight be? (If you wanna do 12-16 because of the amount of theoretical slots we have space for go ahead lol)

(All of these fights are Stamina Mode)

Tinkerbat (Novice, Neutral Primary Spirit, Can be Enhanced at Lv. 99, enhances into Dark Magic Tinkerbat)
Mr. Game & Watch Team
Defeat all 8 enemies to win
-Enemy is equipped with killing edge
-Enemy is distracted by items

Uncle Mimic (Novice, Support Spirit, Magic Resist Up)
Wario (Shantae Support)
Defeat the main fighter to win
-The enemy likes to shield
-The enemy is distracted by items
-Enemies will try to protect the main fighter

Ammo Baron (Advanced, Support Spirit, Shooting Items Up)
Snake (3 Bowser Jr. Support)
-The enemy likes to use special moves
-The enemy's teammates like to use Neutral Special

Techno Baron (Advanced, Support Spirit, Undamaged Attack Up)
Small King K Rool (3 Small Metal King K Rool Support)
-The enemy avoids conflict

Hypno Baron (Advanced, Support Spirit, Screen Flip Immunity)
Mewtwo
-The enemy likes to use Down Special
-The enemy starts with a pokeball
-Only certain Pokemon will appear (Ditto)

Squid Baron (Advanced, Support Spirit, Stats Up After Eating)
Inkling and Mr. Game & Watch
Defeat all fighters to win
-The enemy heals over time
-More fighters will appear when the main fighter is defeated
-The enemy will suddenly get a Final Smash

Rottytops (Ace, Grab Primary Spirit, Trade-Off Defense)
Mii Brawler (Slightly smaller and Slightly larger Mii Brawler Support)
-The enemy will come back after being defeated once
-The floor is poison

Bolo (Ace, Attack Primary Spirit, Weapon Attack Up)
Joker (Shantae Teammate)
Defeat the fighter to win
-The enemy will focus on your teammate
-The enemy likes to use up special

Sky (Ace, Shield Primary Spirit, Air Attack Up)
Banjo & Kazooie
-The enemy likes to jump
-The enemy likes to use neutral special

There's already a Risky Spirit in the game, and I dunno who else to use for a legendary spirit... rip.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As cool as that'd be, Risky would make zero sense as an echo. You'd have to remove the hair whip and transformations from Shantae's moveset, and at that point why even bother making it Shantae? I know this is a meme but still

The obvious answer is Rotty Sky and Bolo are going to be spirit battles when Shantae joins. Speaking of, what do y'all think the spirits that come with Shantae should be? Assuming we only get at least 7 and at most 11, (as is the pattern with joker/hero/banjo) what spirits would you choose and what would their fight be? (If you wanna do 12-16 because of the amount of theoretical slots we have space for go ahead lol)

Tinkerbat (Novice, Neutral Primary Spirit, Can be Enhanced at Lv. 99, enhances into Dark Magic Tinkerbat)
Mr. Game & Watch Team

Wario (Shantae Support)

Mewtwo

-The floor is poison

Joker (Shantae Teammate)

Banjo & Kazooie
-The enemy likes to jump

There's already a Risky Spirit in the game, and I dunno who else to use for a legendary spirit... rip.
I didn't thought about Shantae's hair so you make a good point. I can't see Sakurai not implementing Shantae's hair into her moveset as it's such a iconic part of Shantae's abilities.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord

Mr. Game & Watch Team

Wario (Shantae Support)

Mewtwo

-The floor is poison

Joker (Shantae Teammate)

Banjo & Kazooie
-The enemy likes to jump

Perhaps the "Legendary" spirit can either be the Tinkerbrain (Starts out with Daisy as Risky Boots, with a large ROB filling out for Tinkerbrain. It can occasionally summon a Palutena to substitute the Dark Genies.) Or perhaps it'll be a generalized "Shantae and Friends" spirit, like the Champions, Geno, or the Phantom Thieves?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it's possible for Echo Fighters to receive new moves as long as most of their moveset draws from the original fighter that they're a Echo of.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice

Mr. Game & Watch Team

Wario (Shantae Support)

Mewtwo

-The floor is poison

Joker (Shantae Teammate)

Banjo & Kazooie
-The enemy likes to jump

Maybe the Pirate Master?He certainly has the power in the original game to be deserving of legendary status at any rate.
I think that's your only real option aside from whoever the big bad of seven sirens ends up being depending on when that game comes out.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Look at Chrom. Has Ike's Up-B.
I know, I'm talking about new moves entirely. While Echos kind of existed in the form of clones back in Melee, there was one character who had one original move in his moveset and that was Ganondorf. For Ganondorf's Forward Air he would punch somebody in mid air instead of hitting them with the knee of justice like Falcon does.

I still think they could add some new moves to new Echo Fighters.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Realistically Sakurai wouldn't use the timeskip design so no heavy armor.Historically hes always used the base version of characters from the beginning of the game.(hence why we don't have Grandmaster Robin or Great Lord Lucina/Chrom and why Sakurai couldn't come up with anything for Chrom in 4)
If we do get Edelgard it'll be as her BOG student self.Batallions would be interesting but if Sakurai cant be trusted with a character with both time as well as space powers what makes you think he'd incorporate Batallions into her moveset?
But Roy is in his promoted class appearance instead of base like he was in Melee, and we have two different versions of Ike. Sticking only to the bare basics in that regard isn't an indisputable rule. Besides, if you've played though Three Houses (Black Eagles in particular), you should know there's a canonical appearance of pre-skip Edelgard in heavy armour. Really, none of the three lords have anything particularly interesting in their base forms, and Byleth is only slightly more so with his whip-sword (but not much else).

Why do you keep saying Byleth has space powers? He never travels through dimensions, and the only example that could remotely be construed as that was a one-off with no bearing on combat.

Battalions are too hard? :ultolimar:

I didn't thought about Shantae's hair so you make a good point. I can't see Sakurai not implementing Shantae's hair into her moveset as it's such a iconic part of Shantae's abilities.
Risky uses her scimitar in lieu of a hair-whip for her basic attacks during Pirate Queen's Quest, so it's not much of a stretch to replace all instances of Shantae hair-whips with scimitar swings.

Technically speaking, you could build Shantae in such a way as to have Risky play very similary, but I don't think that's how the devs operate as it just hamstrings potential. Clones historically only arise from time constraints or lacking enough diverse material to work with. Only Ken seems to be more "deliberate" in that sense since it's a core part of his identity in his own games.

The way I see it is like KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 suggests where Risky is a semi-clone of Shantae, sharing mainly certain parts of Pirate Gear or equivalents (ie fireball spell vs. flintlock pistol). Since she cannot dance and transform to gain stronger versions of moves like Shantae does, the moves she shares with Shantae are stronger in general (such as her cannonball recovery giving her a hat to float with afterward, unlike Shantae), reflecting greater experience with them. Her main distinguishing feature is her ability to summon Tinkerbats to attack.

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi

Mr. Game & Watch Team

Wario (Shantae Support)

Mewtwo

-The floor is poison

Joker (Shantae Teammate)

Banjo & Kazooie
-The enemy likes to jump

Ill throw my hat in to the Coming up with Spirits thing

Bolo=Richter
Similar looking, Both have the hair band thing.
the Vampire killer whip is the closest thing to Bolo's Flail
Pretty standard fight. Maybe the Unira item spawns as its kinda close to a Pike Ball.

Sky=Zelda and Falco
Defeate the Main fighter to win.
Wind Hazard
Sky is known for being the sorta smartest of them friends so i chose the smart Zelda as her main spirit, and Wrench being a bird who does most of the fighting we gotta get a fighting bird in the mix.

Maybe after a certian amount of time Falco gets bigger to mimic Giga Wrench?

Twitch and Vinegar= 2 Female inklings
only explosive items spawn

Mayor ScuttleButt=Wario
food items spawn
enemy is distracted by items.
Avoids fighting.
possibly timed fight?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I have found something potentially interesting to you all.
Link to Tweet of Reddit Placements based on Twitter replies to Nintendo
For those who cannot access Twitter, I'll break it down.
In Japan: Lloyd Irving, Sora, Dantae from Devil May Cry, a Monster Hunter, and Byleth from Three Houses are top-five. 6. Arle Nadja, 7. Gundam, 8. Raiden, 9. Sephiroth, and 10. 2B.
In Americas: Sora, Crash Bandicoot, Shantae, Geno, and Steve are top-five. 6. Doomguy/Doom Slayer, 7. Master Chief, 8. Waluigi, 9. 2B, and 10. Bandanna Waddle Dee.
In Europe: Sora, Steve, Crash, Rayman, and Doomguy/Doom Slayer are top-five. 6. Geno, 7. Heavy Weapons Guy, 8. Agumon, 9. Dante, and 10. Jibanyan.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Link to Tweet of Reddit Poll Placements
In Japan: Lloyd Irving, Sora, Dantae from Devil May Cry, a Monster Hunter, and Byleth from Three Houses are top-five. 6. Arle Nadja, 7. Gundam, 8. Raiden, 9. Sephiroth, and 10. 2B.
In Americas: Sora, Crash Bandicoot, Shantae, Geno, and Steve are top-five. 6. Doomguy/Doom Slayer, 7. Master Chief, 8. Waluigi, 9. 2B, and 10. Bandanna Waddle Dee.
In Europe: Sora, Steve, Crash, Rayman, and Doomguy/Doom Slayer are top-five. 6. Geno, 7. Heavy Weapons Guy, 8. Agumon, 9. Dante, and 10. Jibanyan.
It’s not a poll, but it is based on twitter replies to Nintendo posts.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
It’s not a poll, but it is based on twitter replies to Nintendo posts.
Oh? It's quite interesting, I must say! I wasn't sure how to relabel the link, so it'll just be "Reddit Placements", since the placements were hosted on Reddit.

Actually, I know that the answer is because not enough people replied with #ReimuForSmash or #QuoteForSmash, but why isn't Reimu or Quote on there? You'd think with all these indie characters going into Smash Bros, they'd push for either of these guys hard in Japan, but they aren't even in the top 10!

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Link to Tweet of Reddit Poll Placements
Shantae Pulling 3 in the US is kinda Crazy she is also the highest rated female character (assuming the number of responses per region is similar)
out of the 5 female characters listed 2 of them can also be Male (Monster Hunter and Byleth), so shantae is top girl.

I honestly think given what data we have seen, that Shantae is the most requested female character for smash.

Top Bottom