• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Okay I will let the Discord server leader a head's up.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I dunno, guys. The only time I saw that window look like a Smash logo was when you saw it sideways when you're in her room. Other times when outside IIRC it's a normal cross shape. The fact it still looks like a Smash logo even when she's looking straight out raises some serious questions.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I dunno, guys. The only time I saw that window look like a Smash logo was when you saw it sideways when you're in her room. Other times when outside IIRC it's a normal cross shape. The fact it still looks like a Smash logo even when she's looking straight out raises some serious questions.
Its just a stylistic choice on TRIGGER's part.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Do you think this animation by TRIGGER will further boost her popularity in Japan?

Dukefire

Smash Master
The more you think about smash bros. The more it might end up not coming true and will result eating salt.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Will we be able to play as Uncle Mimic in addition to the other friends? There's a shot of him tossing what looks to be potions of some kind.
Which is kind of weird, since he's always been shown to be more of an archaelogist and mechanic more so than being a chemist. But the thought of him essentially controlling like Plague Knight is an amusing one. In fact, you could almost draw parallels between the whole Shantae and Shovel Knight main cast;

Shantae/Shovel Knight, Bolo/Shield Knight, Mimic/Plague Knight, Rottytops/Specter Knight & Sky/King Knight (that last one's pretty shaky, but Sky can have a bit of an ego at times).

Maybe this opening is a sign that Shantae's friends will have their own playable roles over the course of Shantae's adventure, like in Iconoclasts?

D

Deleted member

Oh m y :0
I never noticed Shantae's hair is purple (this is a joke)
Will we be able to play as Uncle Mimic in addition to the other friends? There's a shot of him tossing what looks to be potions of some kind.
I could see them making him throw potions similarly to how Hypno Baron threw them as him during his boss fight in Risky's Revenge

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
oh hey apparently Cristina Vee also helped write the song!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Its just a stylistic choice on TRIGGER's part.
When it comes to story boards for what goes into an opening WayForward or better yet Matt Bozon has a lot of pull. That is why that scene just hints more than what we want to believe. Especially after that whole "4 out of 5" comment.

EDIT: Heck even people in Japan are noticing this detail.

Oh and once again when you ask them about the window with no mention of Smash Bros in your question/tweets do you know WF response?

DEAD SILENT

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
When it comes to story boards for what goes into an opening WayForward or better yet Matt Bozon has a lot of pull. That is why that scene just hints more than what we want to believe. Especially after that whole "4 out of 5" comment.
Well...I mean even the japanese fans are viewing this as a hint.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
HEY DYLLY check out what happened to your waifu!
Shantae trigger rotty chop.gif

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I know the window is likely just a red herring in regards to Smash Speculation, but I can't help but think.

WF silence.
Matt Bozon's 4 out of 5 tweet.
Sakurai at E3 pointing out the Fake Smash Ball...

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Already did. When Shantae is being surrounded by Risky's men you can see Squid Baron in the bottom left side.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It turns out there is a Squid Baron hidden somewhere in the opening. Can you folks find him?
Found him.
He is among all of the Tinkerbats when they begin to rush Shantae. Specifically to the left of Shantae.
Got :ultgreninja:'d while typing.
I know the window is likely just a red herring in regards to Smash Speculation, but I can't help but think.

WF silence.
Matt Bozon's 4 out of 5 tweet.
Sakurai at E3 pointing out the Fake Smash Ball...
I don't think that last one matters, but what is this 4 out of 5 thing people are talking about?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I don't think that last one matters, but what is this 4 out of 5 thing people are talking about?
Some months back Matt made a (now deleted) tweet saying something along The lines of "Shantae for 4 out of 5 Smash DLC".

Edit:
Found a screencap.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Found him.
He is among all of the Tinkerbats when they begin to rush Shantae. Specifically to the left of Shantae.
Got :ultgreninja:'d while typing.

During the initial days of the DLC announcement Matt Bozon tweeted out "Shantae for 4 out of 5 slots!!!" which was a weird thing to say since most only want 1 out of 5. He later says it was a mistake on his part but how would he make such a mistake when he knows people want just one Shantae character.

EDIT: Got :ultgreninja:'d myself as well lol.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Some months back Matt made a (now deleted) tweet saying something along The lines of "Shantae for 4 out of 5 Smash DLC".
During the initial days of the DLC announcement Matt Bozon tweeted out "Shantae for 4 out of 5 slots!!!" which was a weird thing to say since most only want 1 out of 5. He later says it was a mistake on his part but how would he make such a mistake when he knows people want just one Shantae character.

EDIT: Got :ultgreninja:'d myself as well lol.
Weird. I think it's probably some sort of error, as the message doesn't really make much sense no matter what way I look at it.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Weird. I think it's probably some sort of error, as the message doesn't really make much sense no matter what way I look at it.
Well it wouldn't make sense unless you heard about a rumor going around about how the 4th DLC fighter is going to be a female character.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Yet so far we've yet to see what the fourth DLC will be. Wouldn't it be just the most awesome thing if he did spoil it and Nintendo's all "gOdDaNgItMaTT!!!!"

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well it wouldn't make sense unless you heard about a rumor going around about how the 4th DLC fighter is going to be a female character.

I still need to reconfrim this but apparently new "info" about this "leak" said its a character already in the game. And welll what if throwing weapon/flying weapon was just a mistranslation from "has a projectile"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yet so far we've yet to see what the fourth DLC will be. Wouldn't it be just the most awesome thing if he did spoil it and Nintendo's all "gOdDaNgItMaTT!!!!"
I see now. Seems like a rather risky thing to pull though, as that is very specific. Either way, still worded rather strangely.

Now that I think about it, Shantae would be a good follow up to the E3 Smash reveals. Many people are saying that Banjo can not be topped(Which in many regards, he can't), but putting such a popular indie would be a great twist move to pull and would still cause a lot of surprise and hype.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll take it with a grain of salt until further notice ("it'd be nice, but we'll see I suppose" is my general stance on things), although this speculation period's had various kinds of slip-ups. Remember Best Buy's Joker render leak, for one? :laugh:

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
no...NO it wouldn't! breaking NDA would be terrible! I mean yeah we'd be happy but it would awful for WF and Matt. Its basically trust suicide for the company. also probably financial.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I never noticed Shantae's hair is purple (this is a joke
Yeah! Feels like a first seeing her hair so messy as well
Btw in addition to the new trailer today, I couldn't help but draw her. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.
20190705_195634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Do people forget that window has been there and looking like that from that one game that came out like… 4 or 5 years ago? I'm pretty sure it's not new, therefore not a sign of anything…
Edit: amazing intro nonetheless! Gotta love studio Trigger

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
no...NO it wouldn't! breaking NDA would be terrible! I mean yeah we'd be happy but it would awful for WF and Matt. Its basically trust suicide for the company. also probably financial.
Still seems mild compared to what may be happening to whoever is the poor soul that dared to leak Hero to Tansut and others in the first place.

Hehe, yeah. I had to. ;p

Also, really in the mood to play a Shantae game again lol. But which one...?
or all of them :O
May I suggest throwing a dice? Although it's not too efficient unless you have a 4-sided one.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Long time no see peeps.

I know it's just the angle, and I don't want to get my hopes up (I mean I do, but I know it's a bad idea), but maybe, just maybe there is something to that window in the Shantae 5 trailer. What if they pull another :ultbanjokazooie: on us and there's a second version of the trailer that will transition into Smash when she looks out the window?

Last edited:
Top Bottom