• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's the arcana Adachi was given in Golden.
There is two paths this aracan can go. By going through the game as normal and pursuing his link after he has revealed his true nature, it becomes Hunger. In order to max out Jester itself you need to cover for Adachi and work with him in destroying evidence, giving you the accomplice ending. Yes, that is a thing you can do in Golden. It's pretty f'ed up.
I will say, Jane looks nothing like Ren.
I mean, siblings dont always look alike, but in a general way she could be anything, step-sister, cousin, who knows.

I'm trying to understand how she could be the jester arcana, but from what I've seen the jester is like the fool but maybe less drive or desire. I'm not sure she fits that, but I'm not really sure about it at all so who knows. Was it even needed to have both when usually they're kind of treated the same? (outside of persona, i mean)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, siblings dont always look alike, but in a general way she could be anything, step-sister, cousin, who knows.

I'm trying to understand how she could be the jester arcana, but from what I've seen the jester is like the fool but maybe less drive or desire. I'm not sure she fits that, but I'm not really sure about it at all so who knows. Was it even needed to have both when usually they're kind of treated the same? (outside of persona, i mean)
Jester is original to Persona. It was made to represent Adachi's status as a foil to Yu.
While a Fool is the way they are naturally, a Jester acts like a fool. Considering Adachi's true nature, that makes perfect sense for him.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Jester is original to Persona. It was made to represent Adachi's status as a foil to Yu.
While a Fool is the way they are naturally, a Jester acts like a fool. Considering Adachi's true nature, that makes perfect sense for him.
I wonder how much of that actually applies, since the main characters aren't relaly 'fools'. But at least i get your point a bit more now. I also saw that jesters dont get along with others as well. So depending on if she believes in friends and alliances or not, you could be onto something.

Here's a weird question. Would Shantae have the fool arcana? :p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wonder how much of that actually applies, since the main characters aren't relaly 'fools'. But at least i get your point a bit more now. I also saw that jesters dont get along with others as well. So depending on if she believes in friends and alliances or not, you could be onto something.

Here's a weird question. Would Shantae have the fool arcana? :p
I think so. I will say, I look at TV Tropes when putting characters to tarot cards(Or in this case, Persona arcana). I certainly think she fits the role of a Fool.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TarotMotifs

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Didn’t risky win to be the next shantae figure last year? This doesn’t make any sense. sky didn’t win so why is she next?
You put this right in Persona 5 traffic, so I'll respond before you get totally drowned out.

Is that for the Charagumin Figure thing? Because I do recall something about Risky being next after Shantae and Rottytops.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You put this right in Persona 5 traffic, so I'll respond before you get totally drowned out.

Is that for the Charagumin Figure thing? Because I do recall something about Risky being next after Shantae and Rottytops.
I do as well, but that teaser they had before did have Wrench appear along with Risky's ship.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I know I'm not necessarily welcome here, but y'all might wanna see this...

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Happy days for you folks!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Happy days for you folks!

And just like that, the thread is now ignited with hype.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm not necessarily welcome here, but y'all might wanna see this...

¿You're not? If anyone says anything to the contrary just find a gif that flips them off politely

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Somone on this thread likely just got the best outta nowhere birthday gift with this announcement.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the most exciting part is that they say THIS YEAR.
They really did keep it on the down-low then.

Man what a wasted opportunity to have revealed it at the nindies. But, it's going to be on all consoles :D

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
First thing I noticed, Shantae is looking a little less chibi in design compared to HGH. It's not quite the same as Pirates Curse though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
First thing I noticed, Shantae is looking a little less chibi in design compared to HGH. It's not quite the same as Pirates Curse though.
Ya. I doubt it's finalized art from the game, it kinda looks less refined. but interesting choice.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Imagine at E3 we get a trailer for this new game and after that we get the usual cut back to the "heres the next annoucement" and it cuts to black showing the smash bro.s cut and we get...her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The only question is, will it be an Apple Exclusive and for how long.
Judging from the way it's worded, they're not being a bunch of dumb-dumbs like the people who sold their game's soul to Fortnite for a big sack of dosh on Epic's store and making it exclusive for an entire year at least.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think the most exciting part is that they say THIS YEAR.
They really did keep it on the down-low then.

Man what a wasted opportunity to have revealed it at the nindies. But, it's going to be on all consoles :D
If it's a true multiplat, then I suppose it's not really a Nindie. But my money is still on them wanting to show off the game at E3 instead. Let's hope Nintendo has some goodies to offer the Switch version!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If it's a true multiplat, then I suppose it's not really a Nindie. But my money is still on them wanting to show off the game at E3 instead. Let's hope Nintendo has some goodies to offer the Switch version!
Yeah, tho still would've been nice to see them there.

Here's a question. Is it even an Indie now?
Just the fact that they managed to make this one purely from their growing company without any crowdfunding might really be enough reason to say WF isn't necessarily indie. Are they a full-fledged company now? :p

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, tho still would've been nice to see them there.

Here's a question. Is it even an Indie now?
Just the fact that they managed to make this one purely from their growing company without any crowdfunding might really be enough reason to say WF isn't necessarily indie. Are they a full-fledged company now? :p
I think they'd need to publish other games in exchange for ownership of the properties and be on the stock market. They may wholey own Shantae but I'm betting that there's external money coming in here.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I only just found what what?! Shantae 5! WOOT! Great news!

EDIT: That is a cool new design for her too... what if they use that design for her in smash?

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys: came back on after hearing about the announcement of Shantae 5! Quite the unexpected announcement to say the least, but I'm totally on board with a new Shantae game! To me though, I feel she kinda deserves a spot in Smash Ultimate if she's already at her fifth game and still doing quite well.

As always and in other news, apologies for my general inactivity.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
SHANTAE 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS JUST WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR. NINTENDO AND NOW WAYFORWARD MY WALLET!!!!!!!!!!

But for Shantae I will definitely throw my cash at the FREAKING SCREEN YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Oh god what that new art is used for a FIGHTER SPIRIT!

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Welp! I leave for a while and WayForward comes out of freakin NOWHERE with Shantae 5! I absolutely adore that her hair makes the 5 in the title art!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
GameExplain even made a quick video about the announcement.

I'm glad Shantae is popular enough for that to happen :)

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
And the surprise of the week., from outta nowhere they just drop that on us!
This is incredible! Wonder if that 5 min gap in the indies was for this then.
Wonder if this helps her for getting into smash?
wonder if everyone will be playable again, if everyone will be here?
oh man this is going to be a long wait. so excited!

Top Bottom