• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think at least we'll get a trailer, maybe teasing/showing some announcments they'll go into more detail later at Sega fes
Yeah that's what I basically thought too.
If there's a Female mc, I'm iffy on if they'd show her or not if it's just a trailer, but there's gotta be something in it that would catch attention or at least tease something before the bigger info. It'll be really cool if we find out tomorow :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder who Shantae would team up with.

I'm thinking Metroid or Kirby.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I wonder who Shantae would team up with.

I'm thinking Metroid or Kirby.
I would say the Wario series is the best fit. Both have similar tongue-in-cheek humor, both have similar antagonists (Risky ans Syrup) both have similar art styles particularly with their women.

Plus I would love seeing a un easy team up between Wario and Shantae where he is always gripping about her being such a goody-goody and her being off put by how crass and gross he is.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would say the Wario series is the best fit. Both have similar tongue-in-cheek humor, both have similar antagonists (Risky ans Syrup) with have similar art styles particularly with their women.

Plus I would love seeing a un easy team up between Wario and Shantae where he is always gripping about her being such a goody-goody and her being off put by how crash and gross he is.
And Syrup and Risky initially insulting each other over how similar they are and going after the same booty, then becoming BFFs over archenemies they equally can't stand.

Seriously, this would be a wet dream for me.

Which reminds me...

d7qz5uq-c1e7f49d-a673-4d47-a29d-4c1c90d3f5f7.png

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
And Syrup and Risky initially insulting each other over how similar they are and going after the same booty, then becoming BFFs over archenemies they equally can't stand.

Which reminds me...

I imagine Risky and Syrup would get along well, and then instantly turn on each other and bicker once they stated losing "you klutz what are you doing they're winning" "they wouldn't be doing so well if you built the cannons better" "My canons are fine it's you who screwed up on the rockets..."

Als let us not forget that Shantae has already dipped a monkey sized toe into the Wario universe. Just imagine Rotty hanging out with Ashley, Bolo training with Little Cricket... Not sure who Sky fits best with. Either Mona or maybe babysitting Kat and Ana.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I imagine Risky and Syrup would get along well, and then instantly turn on each other and bicker once they stated losing "you klutz what are you doing they're winning" "they wouldn't be doing so well if you built the cannons better" "My canons are fine it's you who screwed up on the rockets..."

Als let us not forget that Shantae has already dipped a monkey sized toe into the Wario universe. Just imagine Rotty hanging out with Ashley, Bolo training with Little Cricket... Not sure who Sky fits best with. Either Mona or maybe babysitting Kat and Ana.
Or maybe Sky could take flight with Orbulon. :p

Oh, to think I never got to play that monkey microgame, won't get to anymore. :(

That being said, I honestly wonder if WF already has this kind of idea on their minds as well, I doubt they've missed the Cadence of Hyrule news. Although it couldn't hurt to suggest it on Twitter, right? At least it would be safer to bring up than the usual Smash demands.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Or maybe Sky could take flight with Orbulon. :p

Oh, to think I never got to play that monkey microgame, won't get to anymore. :(

That being said, I honestly wonder if WF already has this kind of idea on their minds as well, I doubt they've missed the Cadence of Hyrule news. Although it couldn't hurt to suggest it on Twitter, right? At least it would be safer to bring up than the usual Smash demands.
Well, it's in the switch version of Pirate's Curse isn't it.

I haven't played PC on Switch yet because I'm waiting for my Limited Run copy to show up but i thought people were saying Super Shantae Nab was in it.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi

I haven't played PC on Switch yet because I'm waiting for my Limited Run copy to show up but i thought people were saying Super Shantae Nab was in it.
super shantae nab is on the switch version

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

super shantae nab is on the switch version
Oh good, gives enough reason for me to double-dip when I'm able to then (yes, it's a puny reason, but any is good).

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Which reminds me...

Honestly, they have very different goals. Syrup wants treasure and riches first while Risky seeks world domination. The latter may have been seen with a treasure hoard from time to time but it's more of a means to an end. More likely Syrup would try to steal some of Risky's booty, who would then go after her more for the principle than anything (''NO ONE steals from the Queen of the Seven Seas! NO ONE!!!'').

Sky would probably fit best with 5-Volt, both being the most level-headed females. Mona would fit best with Twitch & Vinegar (Admit it. You want to see Mona in an Ammo Baron uniform). I don't think Ashley would get along too well with Rotty. Sure she wouldn't be afraid of her but the latter's perky and mischievous personality would likely get on Ashley's nerves. Conversely she may find Abner to be cool and handsome, being a blunt man of few words, train with Hypno Baron and bond with Shantae. Shantae may hold some disdain for ninjas Kat & Ana despite her best intentions (and due to a bad experience), even though they love how she can turn into animals.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Honestly, they have very different goals. Syrup wants treasure and riches first while Risky seeks world domination. The latter may have been seen with a treasure hoard from time to time but it's more of a means to an end. More likely Syrup would try to steal some of Risky's booty, who would then go after her more for the principle than anything (''NO ONE steals from the Queen of the Seven Seas! NO ONE!!!'').

Sky would probably fit best with 5-Volt, both being the most level-headed females. Mona would fit best with Twitch & Vinegar (Admit it. You want to see Mona in an Ammo Baron uniform). I don't think Ashley would get along too well with Rotty. Sure she wouldn't be afraid of her but the latter's perky and mischievous personality would likely get on Ashley's nerves. Conversely she may find Abner to be cool and handsome, being a blunt man of few words, train with Hypno Baron and bond with Shantae. Shantae may hold some disdain for ninjas Kat & Ana despite her best intentions (and due to a bad experience), even though they love how she can turn into animals.
Oh, I never said Ashley and Rotty would get along, just that their part of the story would happen together. Basically it would be Ashley planning on using Rotty as her secret ingredient and then getting immensely annoyed with her. I see her knocking on Shantae's door with a basket full of Rotty parts and saying "she's your problem now". That said Ashley and Hypno Barron would be pretty funny too

As for Sky, it didn't want to put her with 5 volt just because it felt a little odd to just default her to a mom. I think it would be far more interesting her trying to put her bird raising skills to trying to take care of to kindergarten ninjas. Scenes of them getting hungry and then repulsed when she makes their food like she would for baby birds, or Sky getting frustrated when little kids call her old lady or Auntie Sky.

Also Krygor and Penny helping out Uncle Mimik, fronks getting enlisted with the tinkerbats... These two worlds have so much potential for crossover!

And since Charles Mertinet would be along to voice Wario... Maybe he could lend his talents to voice some of the Shantae characters who haven't been given voices yet, Mayor Scuttlebutt, Squid Barron, a return of the Pirate King?!?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To think that the best and only way to get a new Wario Land (even though it sounds more like both it and Ware at this point) is by crossing over a Shantae. This is it, that has to happen, even if Shantae doesn't get in Smash.

(Admit it. You want to see Mona in an Ammo Baron uniform).
I'd pay good money for that alone.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
To think that the best and only way to get a new Wario Land (even though it sounds more like both it and Ware at this point) is by crossing over a Shantae. This is it, that has to happen, even if Shantae doesn't get in Smash.

I'd prefer a Wario World sequel myself. Wario Land's gameplay has kind of been usurped by Kirby and Yoshi games at this point.

Oh, I never said Ashley and Rotty would get along, just that their part of the story would happen together. Basically it would be Ashley planning on using Rotty as her secret ingredient and then getting immensely annoyed with her. I see her knocking on Shantae's door with a basket full of Rotty parts and saying "she's your problem now". That said Ashley and Hypno Barron would be pretty funny too

As for Sky, it didn't want to put her with 5 volt just because it felt a little odd to just default her to a mom. I think it would be far more interesting her trying to put her bird raising skills to trying to take care of to kindergarten ninjas. Scenes of them getting hungry and then repulsed when she makes their food like she would for baby birds, or Sky getting frustrated when little kids call her old lady or Auntie Sky.

Also Krygor and Penny helping out Uncle Mimik, fronks getting enlisted with the tinkerbats... These two worlds have so much potential for crossover!

And since Charles Mertinet would be along to voice Wario... Maybe he could lend his talents to voice some of the Shantae characters who haven't been given voices yet, Mayor Scuttlebutt, Squid Barron, a return of the Pirate King?!?
See, the thing is I imagine there being a species that Sky has a much better chance of bonding with, outside the Wario series...

Yoshis.

Eggs everywhere and are always trying to fly despite not having wings normally. How can Sky not help them out?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'd prefer a Wario World sequel myself. Wario Land's gameplay has kind of been usurped by Kirby and Yoshi games at this point.

See, the thing is I imagine there being a species that Sky has a much better chance of bonding with, outside the Wario series...

Yoshis.

Eggs everywhere and are always trying to fly despite not having wings normally. How can Sky not help them out?
THE BEAN BIRD!!!! I completely forgot about it until you mentioned yoshi. That's it she hatches a bean bird and then loses her mind trying to keep it from eating everything with that crazy tongue it has.

Honestly I think the best way to bring a Wario Land style series back would be to integrate it with Ware. There are a plethora of fan favorite characters that could all bring their own mix to a platformer and if a clever way could be though of to pepper in the micro games it would allow the game to fill a very unique nich to set it apart from the Yoshi and Kirby and whatnots.

Adding Shantae and the gang to the mix is just icing lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly I think the best way to bring a Wario Land style series back would be to integrate it with Ware. There are a plethora of fan favorite characters that could all bring their own mix to a platformer and if a clever way could be though of to pepper in the micro games it would allow the game to fill a very unique nich to set it apart from the Yoshi and Kirby and whatnots.

Adding Shantae and the gang to the mix is just icing lol
I'd settle with Syrup being brought over, Ware could use an actual antagonist besides Wario's shenanigans.

Only Treasure dabbled in that, so I don't know who'd be good enough to do a 3D platformer/beat em up on the Nintendo end besides Tecmo Koei. Wario Warriors, anyone?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'd settle with Syrup being brought over, Ware could use an actual antagonist besides Wario's shenanigans.

Wario Warriors, anyone?
Pokemon Warriors first. Tho knowing Team Ninja and their fondness of female characters Wario Warriors wouldn't be unheard of.

And Yeah, Syrup and the Princess Shokora from 4 sneaking their way into the Ware series would be fun.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Also, Captian Syrup has expereince with Genies since she did use one against Wario.

Screenshot_20190322-200150_YouTube.jpg

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
THE BEAN BIRD!!!! I completely forgot about it until you mentioned yoshi. That's it she hatches a bean bird and then loses her mind trying to keep it from eating everything with that crazy tongue it has.
Pyoro? Isn't he just a video game character in the Warioware-verse?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Pyoro? Isn't he just a video game character in the Warioware-verse?
I mean, just because we have seen them in the mini and microgames doesn't mean that they aren't a real thing in that world. If anything one shows up on the gamer stage where they block 5-volts view so in Smash they are as real as 5-volt.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Though I’m not really certain about the possibility of him lending his voice to any Shantae characters, at one point in time I thought of Martinet voicing Uncle Mimic.

D

Deleted member

I would say the Wario series is the best fit. Both have similar tongue-in-cheek humor, both have similar antagonists (Risky ans Syrup) both have similar art styles particularly with their women.

Plus I would love seeing a un easy team up between Wario and Shantae where he is always gripping about her being such a goody-goody and her being off put by how crass and gross he is.
Wario taking out Risky's tinkerbats using his shoulder bash would be another thing

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Female Joker for Persona 5 The Royal, so the datamining was true about a female alt
This character is a first year meaning she’s probably not a female protagonist. Also, in her dialogue she’s says something the lines of “The Phantom Thieves suck” which makes me question if she's even a protagonist at all.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This character is a first year meaning she’s probably not a female protagonist. Also, in her dialogue she’s says something the lines of “The Phantom Thieves suck” which makes me question if she's even a protagonist at all.
Yeah, i have been hearing that. Its possible that with the female MC its a whole new story like in P3(so they even change the age) or maybe shes just saying what people are saying about the phantom theives

Again, we won't know anything till April, either through smash or through Persona 5 announcment, whichever comes first

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, i have been hearing that. Its possible that with the female MC its a whole new story like in P3(so they even change the age) or maybe shes just saying what people are saying about the phantom theives

Again, we won't know anything till April, either through smash or through Persona 5 announcment, whichever comes first
Smash is likely to be first, since there has been an occurrence of a character being playable before their game is out. :ultcorrin::ultcorrinf:

D

Deleted member

We do know that this isn't a female Joker, that's for sure.

zferolie

Smash Hero
We do know that this isn't a female Joker, that's for sure.
Well its hard to say 100% with such a short teaser but looking like it. Maybe its his little sister, and that's why she gets an alt in smash

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And so we have another ponytail girl in smash. :)

Meaning she'll be in smash and she'll play like joker. I think that's as close as it gets to meaning shes a FeMC. Also having an entire teaser trailer for her.
In any case we should find out more details next week at Sega Fes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Has it been confirmed alts use its own slot in that 30 slot data?
It does. If they're significant costumes. Female alts, PP's two designs(Pot and Pipe) take two slots as well. Mario has three, one for his regular design, one for his construction design, and one for his wedding design. ZSS has two as well, one for her regular suit, and one for her gym-like gear. Etc.

So if we get Jane as an alt, Joker will take two slots. I wonder if it'll happen to each Fighter's Pass character. Though in a twist, perhaps Steve might not need one for an Alex alt due to them being literally the same bodyshape, but I think it would still apply since it's a female alt? Just for one possible example. Edrick's another example, having two specific alts. I don't think we'll get another 8 alt character, though?

zferolie

Smash Hero
It does. If they're significant costumes. Female alts, PP's two designs(Pot and Pipe) take two slots as well. Mario has three, one for his regular design, one for his construction design, and one for his wedding design. ZSS has two as well, one for her regular suit, and one for her gym-like gear. Etc.

So if we get Jane as an alt, Joker will take two slots. I wonder if it'll happen to each Fighter's Pass character. Though in a twist, perhaps Steve might not need one for an Alex alt due to them being literally the same bodyshape, but I think it would still apply since it's a female alt? Just for one possible example. Edrick's another example, having two specific alts. I don't think we'll get another 8 alt character, though?
Thanks for the answer. It will be interesting to see how this turns out

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
So as far as the Persona 5 Royal teaser, we don't actually know for sure that's a female Joker. She says something along the lines of, "I don't support the Phantom Thieves" (this is what I've heard, I don't know Japanese) which would be strange for Joker to say. Fans on the Persona 5 board at GameFAQs are speculating she could be a new confidant or antagonist. She does have a ponytail, though, which lines up with the datamine. But it could be just a coincidence.

We won't really know until we get more info. Personally, my heart skipped a beat when I opened this thread and saw "Female Joker confirmed," so yeah, I really, really want it to be the case. Damn it, Atlus, don't play with me like this.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So as far as the Persona 5 Royal teaser, we don't actually know for sure that's a female Joker. She says something along the lines of, "I don't support the Phantom Thieves" (this is what I've heard, I don't know Japanese) which would be strange for Joker to say. Fans on the Persona 5 board at GameFAQs are speculating she could be a new confidant or antagonist. She does have a ponytail, though, which lines up with the datamine. But it could be just a coincidence.

We won't really know until we get more info. Personally, my heart skipped a beat when I opened this thread and saw "Female Joker confirmed," so yeah, I really, really want it to be the case. Damn it, Atlus, don't play with me like this.
It could just be her being a better liar than Joker. I also really doubt it being a coincidence, especially with her being so highlighted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom