• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
I mean she has literal melons, whaddya expect. :shiro:
I thought crypt of the ganondancer would over shadow her, but I guess its hard to overshadow her with those things
I still haven't bought the game, but now I got an actual reason to.
You should defiantly get crypt of the necro dancer. The gameplays good, and the soundtrack is awesome. Not to mention you can replace the music with your own, which in turns adjusts the difficulty as you see fit.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Figured they could do a Shantae version of the Zero Suit section in Zero Mission. Samus crash lands and loses all her abilities, leaving her in Zero Suit mode. She teams up with Shantae and friends to get all the things needed to fix her ship and regain her power suit.
sounds good to me. ;)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's Smash 4 Kirby so it may not be anything relevant.

Best guess, that's some filler footage used in construction of the direct

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's Smash 4 Kirby so it may not be anything relevant.

Best guess, that's some filler footage used in construction of the direct
Seems weird to leave that in a Nindies Direct. Did a staffer get confused by the Cadence of Hyrule announcement plans while doing the editing or something?

Also, why on Earth would they resort to pulling out footage from the previous iteration of the hottest Nintendo topic at the moment, and not its readily-available most recent entry?

5b2.gif

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, what Nintendo IP would you want to crossover with Shantae? I am thinking either Kid Icarus or Metroid.
Pound for pound Mario and all of it's sub-series (Donkey Kong, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi and both types of Wario) offers synergy with the entire Shantae cast. Kid Icarus and Metroid have potentially good interactions in them too but may be best left for guest appearances, Mario has potential for a full-on crossover.

KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 I wouldn't put too much stock in the footage itself. Unless Kirby is getting an indie crossover too I don't see the point in putting anything relating to him in a Nindie showcase. It's probably just completely random filler. Now the need for filler itself may point to something being held back, but we can't determine more than that.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Until then, we will have to wait for April to arrive to receive more news on Smash Ultimate version 3.0 and Joker's gameplay.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So something noticed in the Indie direct it ended oddly early with 5 minutes to spare...this maaay be something?
https://mobile.twitter.com/warpig0121/status/1108413148699246598
Anyione got some video proof of this? because thats interesting...
I watched it on twitch and i didnt see that. But other people said they saw it, though one said it was a screenshot (not video, i guess).
So, it could be nothing. Especially if it's smash 4. Is it?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't know, I just don't know...

It seems oddly conspicuous to have 5 minutes of completely unrelated filler for a Direct that was planned to be 30 minutes long. If it was announced as 35, I'd understand, but still.

And I doubt it'd be yet another indie game announcement that was cut because, well, you know, Nindies.

Now the need for filler itself may point to something being held back, but we can't determine more than that.
This though is the only thing I can agree with. It can't just be any random indie, otherwise they'd have boldly showed it off like for Into The Breach.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Should’ve said something earlier but yeah the Direct was pretty cool and it’s pretty awesome Nintendo’s doing this, and it makes me imagine the possibilities of what would happen if they allowed WayForward the rights to use their IPs as well.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Cuphead is being heavily speculated in Smash DLC leaks even more now due to the Switch Port.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Cuphead is being heavily speculated in Smash DLC leaks even more now due to the Switch Port.
I mean, they have reason to. We've been inundated with constant rumors of a Microsoft rep in Smash and then this happens... I mean, i don't know how likely it is, but it's certainly more likely now than it was lol

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Cuphead gets a Switch port and people think he'll be in Smash? How about the indie character who is literally stepping into a Nintendo world in her newest game?

Dukefire

Smash Master
At this point right now, the guess is as good for anyone to guess. Heck, possibly Jason with Sophia could join the battle.

Even then, can't go too crazy to avoid drowning in the news wave before the actual BIG one coming weeks away.
Screenshot_20190310-161822_YouTube.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, they have reason to. We've been inundated with constant rumors of a Microsoft rep in Smash and then this happens... I mean, i don't know how likely it is, but it's certainly more likely now than it was lol
And it still beats people arguing between Banjo Vs. Steve (and occasionally Master Chief/Battletoads) for the millionth time, a shake-up was needed in regards to speculation.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Until then, we will have to wait for April to arrive to receive more news on Smash Ultimate version 3.0 and Joker's gameplay.
9 days to go at minimum on that front

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys !

I don't quite understand, what's strange with that nindie direct ? You think they cut smash news from it ?
"There will be no Smash in a Nindies Direct."
*Kirby gets shown at the end via Smash.*

View attachment 199929
Yea thats whats is essentially going on. The direct was 25, not 30 minutes, and on twitch it showed kirby taunting next to a maximum tomato as an end card. It couldve been a hiccup, but we dont know. But the fact that there was something smash in an indie showcase is getting people rethinking the possibility of an indie fighter.

Dukefire

Smash Master
and the question is........what Indie Character did Nintendo choose if they selected one from the bunch?

Could it be a veteran that stayed in the competition for a while or could it be new blood getting in as a start? Guess we will find out soon in April with Version 3.0 arriving.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yea thats whats is essentially going on. The direct was 25, not 30 minutes, and on twitch it showed kirby taunting next to a maximum tomato as an end card. It couldve been a hiccup, but we dont know. But the fact that there was something smash in an indie showcase is getting people rethinking the possibility of an indie fighter.
From what I gathered, the image was actually from the Sm4sh days.

Dukefire

Smash Master
A reminder: Sakurai and the Smash Team are making sure that no major official information doesn't leak out since Smash 4. So, its hard to tell if what nintendo did was a small hint or not from the sealed vault of Ultimate's upcoming content.

Top Bottom