• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Nothing except an easy way to give basically free advertisement for her and Wayforward, that is. With this you don't even have to play World Of Light to see her, millions of online warriors will see her as well.

Also worth noting that Shantae is the only third party avatar that doesn't have a fighter, assist trophy or boss associated with her series.

Thats actually a pretty good point.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Sooo...I know that we've kinda moved past the whole "Katalina from Granblue in Smash" thing, but I find it really cool that if anyone was wanting her in a fighting game, they're getting their chance with Granblue Fantasy Versus.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nothing except an easy way to give basically free advertisement for her and Wayforward, that is. With this you don't even have to play World Of Light to see her, millions of online warriors will see her as well.

Also worth noting that Shantae is the only third party avatar that doesn't have a fighter, assist trophy or boss associated with her series.
Wait not even Rayman is an avatar?

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Question: so I just tried to play online, right.
i picked King K Rool and when I was waiting I was training as KKR.
when the match began it switched to Jigglypuff and I couldn't move. Tanked the **** out of my global rating. The only button that worked on my switch was the home button. Anyone know what that could've been?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Um, I guess I should. Who works the best with her, though?
She boosts magic attacks so probably characters like Zelda, Peach (and by extension Daisy), Palutena, Rosalina, & Ness.

Wade, I think it's about time we had "the talk"...
I’m older than you!

*Ahem*
You guys do remember she is around 16, right?
Could we not get back into that debate again please? I only said date cause I couldn’t come up with anything funnier.

(Plus Dylly’s safe)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I mean you and I are currently the only ones here at the moment, so take that for what you will. What’s up?

EDIT: Well that didn’t last long.
Oh nothing much really. Just thought I'd continue the bit. At least I assume that's where this was going.
Not at all! :)

How are you doing, Kirbeh?

Hey, and me...
Doing alright. Just got home from work.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Sorry, I didn’t know that’s what you were doing.
No need for you to apologize, I probably could have made that clearer.
I know! Isn't it great?

Oh, well I'm happy you're able to get some relaxation now!
Sort of. I go in early tomorrow, so I'm probably not going to sleep much tonight. Par for the course though. I get some weird schedules sometimes.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Question: so I just tried to play online, right.
i picked King K Rool and when I was waiting I was training as KKR.
when the match began it switched to Jigglypuff and I couldn't move. Tanked the **** out of my global rating. The only button that worked on my switch was the home button. Anyone know what that could've been?
I'm not sure about why it switched your character, but I had a similar issue with the controller during WoL. In my case I had 2 controllers on as I was doing some matches with my brother. After confirming a fight in WoL (like the 12th one in that session) I had no control over my character, but the controller my brother was using did. So I think it has something to with the last controller used before the match properly starts.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
She boosts magic attacks so probably characters like Zelda, Peach (and by extension Daisy), Palutena, Rosalina, & Ness.
Ness uses PSI, not magic. Zelda is probably the most optimal user for Shantae since 90% of her moveset is non-elemental magic (which would be boosted by flame, electric or darkness buffs).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Zelda is a base for shantae lol

Oh and btw your square enix rep everyone
|||
V
https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-character-leak/
On one hand, I'd be fine with it (even better if he comes with a female alt). On the other, the last time we had rumors of a SE character announcement, we got Joker instead.

So, I'd recommend taking this with a salt farm in the meantime. :salt:

Although I can't help but wonder if Sakurai is willing to drop the whole "globally-popular Japanese 3rd party franchise" mental block, seeing as DQ is definitely more popular in its home country than anywhere else. Assuming this is even true at all, anyway...:chrono:

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
On one hand, I'd be fine with it (even better if he comes with a female alt). On the other, the last time we had rumors of a SE character announcement, we got Joker instead.

So, I'd recommend taking this with a salt farm in the meantime.
The thing that apparently gives it credibility is the poster also said that the reason Joker was in was because Atlus was working on some Persona 5 stuff to bring over to Nintendo, one of which is a fighting game, but he said the fighting game got pushed back due to ArcSys working on Granblue Fantasy Versus. The post apparently went up prior to the announcement of Granblue Fantasy Versus, so it might have some credibility. Or it could be a lucky guess! And I keep using apparently because I'm not going to plunge the depths of 5chan or whatever it was to look at the original post, so therefore it's hearsay to me. :p

Also, for all those people who want Goku, Erdrick would be the next best thing since DQ uses designs from Toriyama.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The thing that apparently gives it credibility is the poster also said that the reason Joker was in was because Atlus was working on some Persona 5 stuff to bring over to Nintendo, one of which is a fighting game, but he said the fighting game got pushed back due to ArcSys working on Granblue Fantasy Versus. The post apparently went up prior to the announcement of Granblue Fantasy Versus, so it might have some credibility. Or it could be a lucky guess! And I keep using apparently because I'm not going to plunge the depths of 5chan or whatever it was to look at the original post, so therefore it's hearsay to me. :p

Also, for all those people who want Goku, Erdrick would be the next best thing since DQ uses designs from Toriyama.
Yeah, that's fair. Just because 5Chan is a number higher than 4Chan doesn't necessarily mean it's better at some things. Although Erdrick could finally give DQ the push it needs to be seen as more than "kinda niche" in most parts of the world, since Smash is a big deal.

Anyway, like it was said elsewhere, people will throw everything until something sticks to the wall.

Oh, and in regards to the Neogandwatch comic that was posted earlier, the ending got missed:

DttNNVlVYAEkLGp.png large.png

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
What's your beef with Shovel Knight? And it better not be the self imposed rivalry with Shantae created by stubborn individuals from both fanbases.
Ugh, I have to say, that stuff is starting to really annoy me. Especially when people act like Shovel Knight stole some spotlight from her

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's annoying when indie fans try to claim he's hogging all the glory. And considering how his game is constantly updating and adding free content, it doesn't take a genius to see why they'd be letting him show up, especially if it's recouping losses.

And then there's the way people try to make some unnecessary rivalry for Smash positions.

Dukefire

Smash Master
While its a week early from Christmas, I still post it here for a early celebration and having good spirits for the near future

Artist: Legoguy9875

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Haven't found Shantae as yet in Wol, but it's no rush. I'm just taking my time with the whole story, but I wouldn't mind anyone telling me where to find her.
Meanwhile the characters that aren't around as spirits were probably forgotten
As some who loves the Okami series hearing that is a... Spirit Breaker. *Haha*... *sobs*
I don't know, but even if I was interested in Shovel Knight, I wouldn't get it. The fact that they use Ivory for some of his features sickens me.
Not until Yacht Club can get enough money so that they can both make their next game, and not go bankrupt in the process.
Really, I thought they would use that money, to build a Yacht big enough to hold their Studio, then, open an actual Yacht club to finally get rid of their false advertising. I mean it's in their name. XD

Top Bottom