• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Even if Spirit's deconfirmed characters as a certain "LxC" states in his latest video. Shantae is still in the running since she still has two different versions of her that they can use as a fighter for the DLC.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
For those that are getting ready for Wave 1 Amiibo Hunt, well you might have a head start for the collection

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
or someone who hates a certain character and buys all the amiibos from three different towns just so no one can have it just because they hate it. (Rosalina hater) had 8 big boxes filled completely, video taped himself burning it all.
man i wish i could have that kind of money. Cant believe people would do that though.
In unrelated smash news but related shantae news volks is bringing back the alive and pit crew rotty key chains.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
or someone who hates a certain character and buys all the amiibos from three different towns just so no one can have it just because they hate it. (Rosalina hater) had 8 big boxes filled completely, video taped himself burning it all.
Oh god not that (censored). (Trust me, you don’t want to know what I would’ve really said)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
SOMEONE DID THAT?!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Why would anyone do that?! What did Rosalina do to deserve that much hatred?
He calls any female Nintendo character hen***. No seriously.

(I am not typing out those asterisks, it’s too... too... AUGH I can’t finish this sentence.)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yeah, Mariotehplumber is the saddest individual I have ever witnessed on YouTube.

Anyway, I remember earlier Nintendo had said that along with the new amiibo they would be rereleasing other Smash Amiibo to give new players a chance (and older players a second chance i suppose) I hope among those the release Rosalina again not only so her fans can finally have her, but also to add insult to injury for this jack hole.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yeah, Mariotehplumber is the saddest individual I have ever witnessed on YouTube.

Anyway, I remember earlier Nintendo had said that along with the new amiibo they would be rereleasing other Smash Amiibo to give new players a chance (and older players a second chance i suppose) I hope among those the release Rosalina again not only so her fans can finally have her, but also to add insult to injury for this jack hole.
Hopefully with some sort of safeguard against mariotehplumber repeating his Rosalina-burning stunt.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, I treat all characters equal. Seeing that just puts a bad taste in my mouth and my imagination can just picture the horror for Rosalina

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Honestly, I treat all characters equal. Seeing that just puts a bad taste in my mouth and my imagination can just picture the horror for Rosalina
You can do a lot of things with your imagination in this game, like picture how Mythra came to change her wardrobe, have Shantae organize a troubled hero group therapy session, and just seeing all kinds of similarities between series that can lead to fun interactions.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For the record, he tried to claim the Grinch leak, but no one believes him because he didn't provide proof.

Worthless excuse for a human being regardless.
Pretty much seeking for attention regarding if it does annoy and/or anger people.

Getting attention is all is needed to fuel those stuff

Capture+_2018-10-18-09-15-39.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You can do a lot of things with your imagination in this game, like picture how Mythra came to change her wardrobe, have Shantae organize a troubled hero group therapy session, and just seeing all kinds of similarities between series that can lead to fun interactions.
On that note, I occasionally picture how the Kong clan gets to interact with Wrinkly on a proper level again, seeing as they're all currently dead (including Chunky, memes aside).

Pretty much seeking for attention regarding if it does annoy and/or anger people.View attachment 180369
If only it was his house that burned down...

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Back on topic, Im hoping for some cool cinematic scenes for the DLC characters. Or even how they did Cloud/Bay/Ryu/Lucas/Mewtwo reveals.

Shantae to me, would look fine in any of those reveal trailers. (Even though I would be an even happier clam if she had a cinematic trailer.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Back on topic, Im hoping for some cool cinematic scenes for the DLC characters. Or even how they did Cloud/Bay/Ryu/Lucas/Mewtwo reveals.

Shantae to me, would look fine in any of those reveal trailers. (Even though I would be an even happier clam if she had a cinematic trailer.)
At this time I doubt her chances (crazy how NDAs can be pretty damn strict if they give fines big enough to sink a fledgling indie company even for bringing up a spirit), so it would be cool if getting in the next game's roster means she can have that.

However, seeing how well the DLC did last time, and how :ultpiranha: in general barely broke the bank in terms of overall resources, I think we may get full-on trailers this time.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

You know, the final stretch goal for HGH was animated cutscenes, so it’s likely Wayforward is capable of doing something like that and the last game had a few trailers with different animations like Palutena’s and Little Mac’s, what if Wayforward was able to provide animation for Shantae’s reveal trailer?

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
At this time I doubt her chances (crazy how NDAs can be pretty damn strict if they give fines big enough to sink a fledgling indie company even for bringing up a spirit), so it would be cool if getting in the next game's roster means she can have that.

However, seeing how well the DLC did last time, and how :ultpiranha: in general barely broke the bank in terms of overall resources, I think we may get full-on trailers this time.
HUH?! When did that happen??

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
HUH?! When did that happen??
I'm simply assuming by an educated guess. I mean, why else would they have no other choice but to be secretive for what's essentially a cameo guest appearance in the biggest crossover of the year? For an indie company, breaking trust would be really bad for them if they want to continue to be able to collaborate with other companies.

Anyway I'm tired, see you around.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Have you ever looked at non-related art and thought "That's just Shantae"?

Because I once saw a piece titled something like Hylian Knight over at deviantart. It's basically just Shantae cosplaying as Link.

More recently I noticed a new entry in the (very much NSFW) Monster Girl Encyclopedia: Genie.
The art bears a... passing resemblence to our girl. Although that just might be the purple in her hair.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Have you ever looked at non-related art and thought "That's just Shantae"?

Because I once saw a piece titled something like Hylian Knight over at deviantart. It's basically just Shantae cosplaying as Link.

More recently I noticed a new entry in the (very much NSFW) Monster Girl Encyclopedia: Genie.
The art bears a... passing resemblence to our girl. Although that just might be the purple in her hair.
...Actually yes.

A390CA19-DB1E-4100-A37E-6B1449A65183.jpeg
Oh look, me bringing up Gomigomipomi’s art again, how shocking. But yeah after looking at this piece, I don’t blame you if you find this a bit weird but something about Human Callie reminds me of Shantae and I don’t know why...
867A245F-F0EE-4EFC-8342-B9E540DFF721.jpeg

D

Deleted member

(Shantae and risky having fun a spirits)

(Hole tears up out of nowhere. coming from scuttle town)

Scuttlebutt:WHY WERN’T YOU AT DANCE PRACTICE?!?!
436157E8-4286-44B1-97CC-68F6CCAEAEC6.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
(Shantae and risky having fun a spirits)

(Hole tears up out of nowhere. coming from scuttle town)

Scuttlebutt:WHY WERN’T YOU AT DANCE PRACTICE?!?!
View attachment 180384
It is scary how well that head and body fit.

Also, I just realized I still haven’t found a good voice for Scuttlebutt yet

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something to talk about for tonight,

If she does get in, what would her boxing ring title be?

Top Bottom