• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Something to talk about for tonight,

If she does get in, what would her boxing ring title be?
Normal ones that would probably be in the game:
Half-Genie Hero
Guardian of Scuttle Town

Funny titles/alliterations I made up:
Hair Whiper of Justice (Belmonts better watch out)
Exotic Entertainer (personal favorite)
Bane of Pirates
(Dancing) Parlor Patron
Shape-Shifting Shaman (shamans specialize in reaching altered states of consciousness and channeling transcendental energies so it kinda fits)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Added more characters to be even lol. Well with a mode like the one that eliminates a character per fight it is on the safe side to a lot of mains.

1543405257945.png

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
or someone who hates a certain character and buys all the amiibos from three different towns just so no one can have it just because they hate it. (Rosalina hater) had 8 big boxes filled completely, video taped himself burning it all.
*Cue We Love Burning Town*
Crazy, fun answer: Dancing All Night.
Wait, I'm confused? Are we talking about supposed "Boxing Ring Titles" for Shantae here, or Yu Narukami? :p

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, Bard-bot has a new Shantae and Rottytops animation, involving their Princess outfits. may be a bit NSFW, so gonna put it into a spoiler

Shantae_x_Rotty_Normal_M.gif

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So I realiazed I forgot to check the blog for the music track yesterday (it’s the BOTW E3 Trailer Remix BTW) but they made another post about Lifelight and they confirmed the English singer for the theme is Abby Trott.
And, Erina Koga sung the Japanese version. :)

Also, it's her Birthday, today! :D

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don’t think Altus would appreciate that.

Somehow I doubt Nintendo would let that one fly.

There’re all still pretty good though
Sega owns Atlus, so...:ultsonic:

So I realiazed I forgot to check the blog for the music track yesterday (it’s the BOTW E3 Trailer Remix BTW) but they made another post about Lifelight and they confirmed the English singer for the theme is Abby Trott.
Reminder that Maya Fey is cheering on Kirby to win.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Afternoon peeps. How are things?

And on a bit of an unrelated note, I'm surprised that we're already getting codes for :ultpiranha:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
if you preorder like GameStop... Will they give us the codes on our receipts?
I honestly don't know. I don't know how each particular retailer is handling things, but I got my dl code for plant last night which is why I was surprised. Seems pretty early even though it's likely 2-3 months away. I figured they'd roll them out like 2 weeks before or something.

In my case, it might be because I pre-ordered the digital version directly through My Nintendo (and just two days ago even). Regardless of retailer though, I imagine they'll email it to you later down the line.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
The site says that if you get a physical copy from a retailer, you have to register it through your My Nintendo account to get your code.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The site says that if you get a physical copy from a retailer, you have to register it through your My Nintendo account to get your code.
That was it. I'd forgotten that they'd even mentioned it in the direct as well. And since digital purchases get registered automatically you get the code quickly as well. In that case physical should be pretty fast too, should only take a day or two after you register the game cart.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Y'know this talk of Piranha Plant had me looking back at his reveal in the Direct and during it I realized just how sneaky Sakurai's wording was to obtain him.

In the Direct Sakurai cleverly uses wording that implies that PP's a pre-order bonus without ever saying it outright:
"something you get if you buy Super Smash Bros Ultimate game NOW"
"Remember Piranha Plant is a free limited time offer"
"We hope you consider pre-ordering it" (as it seaways to an explanation on how to pre-order)

In reality though anyone can get PP as long as you register before February 1st without pre-ordering.

Maybe I'm just late to the party and everyone already knew this but it was quite the revelation for me on how they cleverly promoted more pre-sales which apparently worked out in the end.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
All physical edition must be registered by the end of January to get Piranha Plant for free.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Y'know this talk of Piranha Plant had me looking back at his reveal in the Direct and during it I realized just how sneaky Sakurai's wording was to obtain him.

In the Direct Sakurai cleverly uses wording that implies that PP's a pre-order bonus without ever saying it outright:
"something you get if you buy Super Smash Bros Ultimate game NOW"
"Remember Piranha Plant is a free limited time offer"
"We hope you consider pre-ordering it" (as it seaways to an explanation on how to pre-order)

In reality though anyone can get PP as long as you register before February 1st without pre-ordering.

Maybe I'm just late to the party and everyone already knew this but it was quite the revelation for me on how they cleverly promoted more pre-sales which apparently worked out in the end.
If Shantae gets in Smash and there's somehow a new Shantae game on the horizon at the same time, then we'll see real magic.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
So here's a question. The Game Awards are the day before Smash releases. Do we think there'll be a Smash DLC announcement during The Game Awards?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So here's a question. The Game Awards are the day before Smash releases. Do we think there'll be a Smash DLC announcement during The Game Awards?
Probably not. If there were though, that'd be the thing to get me to actually tune into the GA. Though I'd still rather read through the few announcements later than sit through it tbh.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
While I definitely hope so, we have to keep in mind that it's only been 3 weeks since Nintendo created their DLC list for Sakurai and he specifically said they would start working on it after the main game releases
so don't get your hopes too high.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I doubt Nintendo would do something before their product releases on December 7th. They would save it for another Nintendo Direct next year, though I will be surprised if they did it at the Game Awards. I doubt it.

RainyAzureHoodie made it

tumblr_pf0qvviuUd1szkwc6o2_540.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While there's no news, Capcom and Konami have done their own tribute pictures in anticipation for the game.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/11/28/celebrate-smash-bros-ultimate-konami-capcom/

Quality, they're like night and day though.

>Mario Vs. Rathalos: You
>Simon and Richter: The guy she tells you not to worry about

I doubt Nintendo would do something before their product releases on December 7th. They would save it for another Nintendo Direct next year, though I will be surprised if they did it at the Game Awards. I doubt it.

RainyAzureHoodie made it

View attachment 180487
Nintendo will show something, even if not related to Smash. The only surefire thing is Metroid Prime 4 details.

Top Bottom