• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
How are we letting others step all over us? The only non-supporter I really see is CJBrine (unless I'm wrong and he actually is a supporter) and all he's doing is defending Steve and/or talking about him as an actual fan and not a troll whose sole reasons for wanting Steve is to stop Shantae and/or to piggyback off off Dark Lord Vergeben.
I'm just speaking in a general sense, you do need to stick to your guns and defend a character, while making sure not to go overboard to the point of Nuke saying "stop".

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'm just speaking in a general sense, you do need to stick to your guns and defend a character, while making sure not to go overboard to the point of Nuke saying "stop".
Oh sorry. The way you worded it sounded like you meant this thread in particular, which left me like "What? This thread is the Safe Zone for Shantae fans, isn't it?"

But yeah, that's the hard thing: finding a way to defend your favorites without stoping down to the haters' level or coming off as spammy... unless I'm just missing something.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
So, what is everyone else doing while we wait for new Smash news?
I've been playing Granblue Fantasy and FFXII: Zodiac Age. Also college and other life things.

Gonna get a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen tomorrow for my localized and persistent abdominal pain plus microscopic hematuria. We'll see what happens. We know for sure however that it isn't an intestinal problem (thank god) or urinary tract infection. I'll let you guys know the results ASAP.

EDIT: This is part of the reason why I've been silent for so long. I've had terrible malaise, fatigue, and anxiety episodes for the past month.

EDIT 2: Blood tests show that kidney and liver functions are great, so it's likely not either (again, thank god). White blood cell count is slightly lowered, but that's sort of the average ballpark for my ADA-SCID. It's difficult to determine probable infections because of that--which is why we're expediting the CT scan.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I've been playing Granblue Fantasy and FFXII: Zodiac Age. Also college and other life things.

Gonna get a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen tomorrow for my localized and persistent abdominal pain plus microscopic hematuria. We'll see what happens. We know for sure however that it isn't an intestinal problem (thank god) or urinary tract infection. I'll let you guys know the results ASAP.

EDIT: This is part of the reason why I've been silent for so long. I've had terrible malaise, fatigue, and anxiety episodes for the past month.

EDIT 2: Blood tests show that kidney and liver functions are great, so it's likely not either (again, thank god). White blood cell count is slightly lowered, but that's sort of the average ballpark for my ADA-SCID. It's difficult to determine probable infections because of that--which is why we're expediting the CT scan.
Nice Persona 5 Avatar

Oof...hopefully that is all worked out soon.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
At this point, I'm not really impatient about smash news. I really want some as soon as we could, but the game will have the characters it'll have, and I want to enjoy it once it comes out regardless. But I really do want Shantae too XD
There's plenty of stuff to keep occupied with in the meantime. Or too much.

Good luck.
enjoy things besides that whenever you can ;)

On a bright note:
I just realized how well the artwork-style of Blaster Master Zero would work for Shantae in Smash.

I really like that image!

Even more than this one I saw again and liked

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
How are we letting others step all over us? The only non-supporter I really see is CJBrine (unless I'm wrong and he actually is a supporter) and all he's doing is defending Steve and/or talking about him as an actual fan and not a troll whose sole reasons for wanting Steve is to stop Shantae and/or to piggyback off off Dark Lord Vergeben.
but theres nothing really wrong with Cj defending Steve. If anything all you do is talk about how shantae is gonna be a assist trophy which may or may not bring the mood down of others.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Oh god, I hope you get through this alright. It sounds like you've got it much worse off than me. I'm paraplegic now though, which is great fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look I know you including me don’t like him but it solves nothing just try to be on your own and forget about it.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Don't bother...
He ignores everything opposed to his "pessimism" at this point.

On a bright note:
I just realized how well the artwork-style of Blaster Master Zero would work for Shantae in Smash.

Wait what did I even do that time!? All I said is I didn't really notice any Shantae hate in this particular thread!

And also, I'm not trying to be negative, but I'm on the fence with that design if she actually was in the game. I feel that they should be a bit more cartoony, but not too cartoony, just to fit the art style of her games better. It would have been a good design to use if the other fighters were all realistic, but they obviously aren't.

but theres nothing really wrong with Cj defending Steve. If anything all you do is talk about how shantae is gonna be a assist trophy which may or may not bring the mood down of others.
Look I know you including me don’t like him but it solves nothing just try to be on your own and forget about it.
I wasn't trying to bash on CJ (sorry if I accidentally did). I was just pointing out how he was the only non-(outspoken) supporter (unless I'm wrong), and even then, he wasn't being a hater. All he was doing was defending his character, and that's perfectly fine.

As for me being nothing but a pessimist, I try to say something meaningful other than that, or at least, I thought I did. If you don't mind me asking, how many of you actually want me to leave this thread just so you won't have to deal with me?

Last edited:

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
Can we not post anymore of Minecraft? Personally, I don't mind it at all but this thread is turning really emo. It's like some of you want Shantae deconfirmed just to cry about it. It's just giving more to SmashFAQs and 4chan who think Shantae fans are man-children.
my hope isn't really dead or ever gonna wane. even if shantae doesn't make the base roster (which still feels unlikely), all it means is she's basically a DLC fighter lock looking at her status tbh. some of the guys in the isaac board seem to be coming to that conclusion for their character too. plus people are reading way too into the CoroCoro fiasco. (although i realize and admit this is the smash community and people read way too into everything).

also it's literally impossible for me to care any less about a bunch of bumbling, immature, self-absorbed, manchildren calling us manchildren simply for casually wanting a fictional character in a video game.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Wait what did I even do that time!? All I said is I didn't really notice any Shantae hate in this particular thread!

And also, I'm not trying to be negative, but I'm on the fence with that design if she actually was in the game. I feel that they should be a bit more cartoony, but not too cartoony, just to fit the art style of her games better. It would have been a good design to use if the other fighters were all realistic, but they obviously aren't.

I wasn't trying to bash on CJ (sorry if I accidentally did). I was just pointing out how he was the only non-(outspoken) supporter (unless I'm wrong), and even then, he wasn't being a hater. All he was doing was defending his character, and that's perfectly fine.

As for me being nothing but a pessimist, I try to say something meaningful other than that, or at least, I thought I did. If you don't mind me asking, how many of you actually want me to leave this thread just so you won't have to deal with me?
No, you can stay. I'm not the authority on who stays or leaves. Even if your pessimism seems to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth I for one can see where you're coming from.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Dont worry, it was just becuase of the way you worded it. I understood what you meant, but I can see why some people saw it differently.
Also, Ive seen you working on some things and I appreciate that youre making a little effort on your posts.

Might seem weird of me to defend hollywoodrok, but I try to give credit where credit is due.
No one's perfect, but we can all keep getting better at things if we care about it

I gotta go. But try to all get along if you can :)
ciao

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Nah, you're perfectly fine.

The only person I think should go, is Connor, but that's never going to happen, unfortunately. :glare:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Nah, you're perfectly fine.

The only person I think should go, is Connor, but that's never going to happen, unfortunately. :glare:
Poor Connor.

but yeah...we don't need negativity. Right now, its almost entirely nerves while some of us wait in anticipation to know whether or not our newcomers made the cut. The last thing we need is people calling defeat before anything has happened.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
All I can say is, I hope they reveal the rest of the assist trophies in the next smash direct. I must know the fate of Isaac and Shantae! I can't bear the thought of them falling just like Bomberman and Krystal have.. (I wanted those two in very much.)

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Another text leak with shantae as an assist
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/436204326/#436204326

Aha here’s the problem......
>black knight is in although Ike still has his alt
>banjo and shantae are not playable

You know what they say.........
That leaks has a lot of holes....

>Black Knight and Shadow as echoes, even though there is zero proof of either of them, except for Shadow not being seen yet as an assist trophy.

>Lycanroc. what

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Oh look, he finally did reply to a critical voice...
Now why didn't you do that with all other posts, that tried to reason with you?
You know, like Teeb's posts or certian PMs?

Seriously, read what people have been advising you to do.
Otherwise, if you keep up this "Shantae's an AT 100% truth" charade...
Sorry to say, but just leave.

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
So, what is everyone else doing while we wait for new Smash news?
I bought the wireless GameCube power
A controller in preparation for smash. Burnt out on half genie hero after playing friend's to the end again probably gonna try playing through the 1st shantae again.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Another text leak with shantae as an assist
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/436204326/#436204326

Aha here’s the problem......
>black knight is in although Ike still has his alt
>banjo and shantae are not playable

You know what they say.........
At this point I just want the last direct to happen to stop these leaks. I still don't get why people make them, especially when nobody but those select few like Vergeben get any internet fame out of it.
...and that fame is hardly worth the hate.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Off topic, but is there any indication in the Shantae games that she might be... well... lesbian?
Im not entirely sure, actually. Rotty seems like she's hinting, but Shantae just seems to want to do her own thing and, as far as I can tell, doesn't really refer to it very much.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Sorry for being like this dylly please forgive me:)
"I shall, under a few conditions, and sorry if I sound malicious, but your influence on me has been so pernicious, and I'd say your identity is completely factitious..." ;)

Off topic, but is there any indication in the Shantae games that she might be... well... lesbian?
Umm, not that I know of?

And, hopefully, if that is the case, she isn't attracted to Rotty, because then I'll never look at Shantae the same way again.

actually. Rotty seems like she's hinting
Oh... huh.

Time to cry profusely into my lap, while listening to freaking Joy Division.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Umm, not that I know of?

And, hopefully, if that is the case, she isn't attracted to Rotty, because then I'll never look at Shantae the same way again.
Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. I REALLY don't want that kind of stuff to be a thing in the series. I just don't.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't know about Shantae, but I think Rotty likes her. She did flirt with Bolo once as well, so she would be bi. Anyway, I don't see much evidence besides that.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I don't know about Shantae, but I think Rotty likes her. She did flirt with Bolo once as well, so she would be bi. Anyway, I don't see much evidence besides that.
I honestly don't think Shantae would consider a relationship with anyone since she's not really into that.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Frankly it's kind of hard not to be a lesbian when you see the male options in Sequin Land... at least if you're human. But in all seriousness I'm of the mind people are straight until proven otherwise, and Shantae just hasn't met anyone to her tastes yet. Early on she had a "bad temper" in her words that likely made it more difficult for her to connect with others, though since Pirate's Curse she seems to have learned to be more patient and tolerant of other's faults.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Frankly it's kind of hard not to be a lesbian when you see the male options in Sequin Land... at least if you're human. But in all seriousness I'm of the mind people are straight until proven otherwise, and Shantae just hasn't met anyone to her tastes yet. Early on she had a "bad temper" in her words that likely made it more difficult for her to connect with others, though since Pirate's Curse she seems to have learned to be more patient and tolerant of other's faults.
I still hope she doesn't, as that would really turn a lot of people off to the series. In case you haven't noticed, it's hard as-is to get people to try the games.

Top Bottom