• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
She retweeted this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It’s not a big giveaway/doom in our chances it’s just a hint to know who’s gonna get revealed next as a fighter imo
That video is amazing. makes me wish I was capable of that.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Heh, remember our little schpiel about Shantae's rather confusing character design? Incoming with a TV Tropes description under "What Do You Mean It's For Kids?!" section!
As a whole, the franchise mixes a cute art style and simple, lighthearted stories with odd bits of dark humor, many jokes that would go over a child's head, and a bevy of sexy character designs. The best comparison for the game's tone might be Betty Boop: broadly speaking, it's all-ages friendly, but there's a lot that would make you pause at giving the games to a kid to play.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Huh, I got something interesting and very much of a tin foil flavor

the tin foil being the "inbetween" spaces for most Direct predictions

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Huh, I got something interesting and very slightly of the tin foil flavoring

I admit, I don't think they would put the Shantae games on sale for the "spooky" factor. Don't they have a witch game that would be more fitting?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think we've heard dates for a direct all over from the 24th to 30th to early to mid-november.
I dont know what to believe anymore!

But really, it's not a bad timeframe, I do want one soon :)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Huh, I got something interesting and very much of a tin foil flavor

I wouldn't think it's much of a hint. They had the same sale a week or so ago on PlayStation.

D

Deleted member

Another non smash focused tweet liked from wayforward with shantae for smash on it pretty cute tho
08664185-A211-432F-984D-843D9A14F374.png

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
A Spartan environment?

Are we talking Ancient Rome Spartans or Halo Spartans?

Because I now have a mental image of Leonidas I fighting Master Chief.
Is it worth mentioning that they have an Epic Rap Battle?

WayForward just commented on it :p

I always wondered what that headress was :p. Glad to get some info on it finally.

She retweeted this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It’s not a big giveaway/doom in our chances it’s just a hint to know who’s gonna get revealed next as a fighter imo
Part of me wants to go all "ahhh Assist Trophy!" again, while part of me wants to say "oh she's just RT'ing this as a fan" and/or "it doesn't connect the two topics" (like a lot of James' tweets, if he's even under NDA.). I don't know what to think of this. (And also, @Connorb0t2, I feel there's a bit of confirmation bias on your end, no offense. Not just with this, but with everything, no matter how much weight it can reasonably hold.)

Heh, remember our little schpiel about Shantae's rather confusing character design? Incoming with a TV Tropes description under "What Do You Mean It's For Kids?!" section!
Well it's not wrong. (But still. Bayo's in the game. Haters shouldn't be able to use that argument but they are anyway).

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Funny reveal trailer concept

Isaac is in a ruins looking for an unknown Djinn gets to where the Djinn is and it turns out to be Shantae.

(posted this in the Isaac thread too but also posting it here because for obvious reasons it pertains to Shantae)

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
So the Sonic twitter just posted what some people see as a hint (look at the website metal is trying to access) towards Metal Sonic in Smash. What do you guys think? Personally, I think it's possible, the Sonic twitter is absolutely no stranger to dropping hints and Metal could easily be an echo fighter. Also it doubles as being very unexpected since everyone thinks only Shadow or Tails will be playable.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1054428280856576001
While I think Metal Sonic getting in Smash is unlikely, I'd be hyped as heck if it actually happened. Metal Sonic is a character that I automatically main in just about every game he's playable in. (I like him that much. Heck, the main reason I bought both episodes for Sonic 4 was just so I could play as him in Episode Metal.)

So, going back to Shantae... If Shantae makes it, what kind of trophies do you think will come from the Shantae series? Do you think they'll just stick with her friends and Risky? Or go another mile and throw in some of the Barons and enemies as well alongside those? (And maybe some of her animal forms?)

D

Deleted member

Part of me wants to go all "ahhh Assist Trophy!" again, while part of me wants to say "oh she's just RT'ing this as a fan" and/or "it doesn't connect the two topics" (like a lot of James' tweets, if he's even under NDA.). I don't know what to think of this. (And also, [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/405/405306.jpg?1539725525[/IMG] Connorb0t2 , I feel there's a bit of confirmation bias on your end, no offense. Not just with this, but with everything, no matter how much weight it can reasonably hold.)
Remember her retweeting shantae and smash together is AT that is not shantae and smash together that’s just some dude recreating victory poses from smash for pee u

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Funny reveal trailer concept

Isaac is in a ruins looking for an unknown Djinn gets to where the Djinn is and it turns out to be Shantae.

(posted this in the Isaac thread too but also posting it here because for obvious reasons it pertains to Shantae)
Not a bad way to introduce two wanted characters at all :)

And they might as well squeeze in more characters in one trailer to save some space :p

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
While I think Metal Sonic getting in Smash is unlikely, I'd be hyped as heck if it actually happened. Metal Sonic is a character that I automatically main in just about every game he's playable in. (I like him that much. Heck, the main reason I bought both episodes for Sonic 4 was just so I could play as him in Episode Metal.)

So, going back to Shantae... If Shantae makes it, what kind of trophies do you think will come from the Shantae series? Do you think they'll just stick with her friends and Risky? Or go another mile and throw in some of the Barons and enemies as well alongside those? (And maybe some of her animal forms?)
Well, for starters, if her move set includes transformations, I imagine we will get a they if each transformation (since they will have already made the models)

If she has any boss or assist from her games (like maybe a Squid Barron boss and Risky assist) they will also get a trophy.

As for elemental from her games only appearing as trophies, any of her friends/family are likely, possibly a tinkerbat...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

The only franchises in 4 that didn't get much in the way of trophies are really old ones with few games or DLC (Street Fighter & Bayonetta). And since Street Fighter now has 30+ songs it's safe to say trophies from that will be similarly ramped up.

With that in mind I see almost every major thing from Shantae as a possible trophy: friends, barons and villains (including the spoilerrific Pirate Master), along with transformations. The only limiting factor would be standard enemies, with only the ones showing up in special modes represented.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
With that in mind I see almost every major thing from Shantae as a possible trophy: friends, barons and villains (including the spoilerrific Pirate Master), along with transformations. The only limiting factor would be standard enemies, with only the ones showing up in special modes represented.
Ooh, like the obvious champion of them all, SKY? :D

She'd be a great fighter though, don't you think? ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Yes. youre just in luck. Shantae confirmed for smash ultimate.

And Sky's bound to be the next rep in for sure! (obviously there's a fanbase)

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I'd give the Friends to The End at the very least another playable appearance for them to be seriously considered.

I admit, I don't think they would put the Shantae games on sale for the "spooky" factor. Don't they have a witch game that would be more fitting?
It's called "un-deadly" deals, and I don't think a witch is undead. Zombies and mummies are.

D

Deleted member

*sigh* I don’t think things are gonna be easy for us and the others popular choices next month:(:(:(:(
952C9DAE-85F7-416D-88DC-7898FCA96C27.jpeg

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Yes. youre just in luck. Shantae confirmed for smash ultimate.

And Sky's bound to be the next rep in for sure!
Lmao.

$100 says you fooled; at least, one person on this thread.

Imagine if Sakurai just straight up copy and pasted her HGH sprite in Ultimate. Flat and everything. Lmao.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Sorry, but zombies and pirates take priority.

So would this team be called The Rotty Pair?
Yes, they prefer to be called the Genie Angels, but Rotty can't resist trying to eat people's brains sometimes.

That one wasn't even made by them, is the problem. Would have been convenient if they were able to port their Aliens game on there.

Also, said witch game is apparently mediocre, but that's besides the point.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
quick questions

Is Risky Boots' boots really risky?

and

Is Rotty Tops' top really rotty?

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
*sigh* I don’t think things are gonna be easy for us and the others popular choices next month:(:(:(:(
View attachment 171201

Honestly... I just don't see Steve as an actual fighter. While he is extremely popular, he is incredibly lacking in the other important traits for a fighter. No original moveset (bows and swords are taken. Heck, even fishing poles and shovels are taken!), and he is completely devoid of his own personality.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
First of all I don't like the implied violence with Isabelle...that upsets me greatly. Secondly I love how the discussion went from Vergeben saying there might be Minecraft representation to people outright saying Steve is gonna happen...based on nothing.

...All because Vergeben said there might be Minecraft content.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright: I have added 8 new supporters to the list!

The supporters list is meant to show how many people have or are currently supporting Shantae for Smash Ultimate: it does tend to give a good scale on how many people want her in, for example.
We have many more people who voted in the poll on top that she can make it as a fighter, so I think that's a good number for here to look at too.
I mean, Im guessing they're fans and would like her in too :p

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, I may as well ask again as I did a day or two ago if not a bit longer then that, but is there anyone else who would like to be added to the supporter list who I may of missed? If you want to be added, just quote my post here and let me know: I'll get you added as soon as I am able.

Either way, I'll probably come back on later as I need to work on something I have due tomorrow, so I'll see you all later!

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Well, I may as well ask again as I did a day or two ago if not a bit longer then that, but is there anyone else who would like to be added to the supporter list who I may of missed? If you want to be added, just quote my post here and let me know: I'll get you added as soon as I am able.

Either way, I'll probably come back on later as I need to work on something I have due tomorrow, so I'll see you all later!
Could you add me?

Last edited:
Top Bottom