• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oof. it takes long to catch up on the thread sometimes.
Also, hi.

I think that if people want to debate Sonic/Shadow stuff, there's a shadow thread that might be better for that.
Other than that, I'd looove Blaze to be in. I think it'd be odd as an echo, cuz she has more going, but having her in anyway would be awesome.
Between Shadow and metal sonic, I may prefer metal sonic, but not by a lot, either one as an echo would be fine :) (animations would be different, just like dark samus hovers sometimes)

Hey everyone, just dropping in to show my support for Shantae getting in the game!
Hi and welcome to the crew of misfits shantae fans!
Oh, you and shadowknight may have to talk, we have an avatar dupe situation here.
jk, but I did have to look back at the name for a sec there ;p

And Mrs.Milky Mrs.Milky welcome to the shantae secret club XD

D

Deleted member

You know with that retweet Cristina did I say we’re getting close to an indie newcomer reveal.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Also, hi.

I think that if people want to debate Sonic/Shadow stuff, there's a shadow thread that might be better for that.
Other than that, I'd looove Blaze to be in. I think it'd be odd as an echo, cuz she has more going, but having her in anyway would be awesome.
Between Shadow and metal sonic, I may prefer metal sonic, but not by a lot, either one as an echo would be fine :) (animations would be different, just like dark samus hovers sometimes)

Oh, you and shadowknight may have to talk, we have an avatar dupe situation here.

The shantae secret club? :0

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
But... isn't Mewtwo just one of those Digimons creatures? Anyway, this is really putting me in a not so good mood...
I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. We really do need more cats in Smash. I could list a bunch of different cat pokemon I want, but there are others as well. Like I know Codename: S.T.E.A.M. didn't do well (which is a shame because it was a fantastic game) but I would love Lion from that game getting in, but that would be a little weird since he is based off of a character from literature even tho that version of him was made explicitly for a video game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. We really do need more cats in Smash. I could list a bunch of different cat pokemon I want, but there are others as well. Like I know Codename: S.T.E.A.M. didn't do well (which is a shame because it was a fantastic game) but I would love Lion from that game getting in, but that would be a little weird since he is based off of a character from literature even tho that version of him was made explicitly for a video game.
Does Jigglypuff count as a cat? I like her ears, anyway :)

Also, all fighters should have optional cat ears (or cat ear bands) as a skin addition. :)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Does Jigglypuff count as a cat? I like her ears, anyway :)

Also, all fighters should have optional cat ears (or cat ear bands) as a skin addition. :)
There are points to say Jigglypuff could be a cat, but just as many against. For example it's main thing is it sings, and cartoon cats are often portrayed as singers like Mew from Monster Rancher(be it good singers or bad) but at the same time when it evolves it becomes a rabbit thing, so who knows.

But yeah, if Smash has the tanooki tail they should also add the cat bell and give everyone a cat suit.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There are points to say Jigglypuff could be a cat, but just as many against. For example it's main thing is it sings, and cartoon cats are often portrayed as singers like Mew from Monster Rancher(be it good singers or bad) but at the same time when it evolves it becomes a rabbit thing, so who knows.

But yeah, if Smash has the tanooki tail they should also add the cat bell and give everyone a cat suit.
If there could be a way or a mode where item cosmetically could be added without the 'perks', that'd be pretty awesome :)(
First I hear of cats singing. I did hear a cat pretending to bark at one time though.

edit: oh wait I did forget about the cats musical ;p

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Also, hi.

I'm not changing lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ahem, Yellowlord Yellowlord , it would be splendid, if you could rename this thread to something along the lines of "Bored, and often times, Disgruntled Shantae Fans. Discuss Pokemon, in a, to be Quite Frank with you Darling, Spartan Environment".
A Spartan environment?

Are we talking Ancient Rome Spartans or Halo Spartans?

Because I now have a mental image of Leonidas I fighting Master Chief.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ahem, Yellowlord Yellowlord , it would be splendid, if you could rename this thread to something along the lines of "Bored, and often times, Disgruntled Shantae Fans. Discuss Pokemon, in a, to be Quite Frank with you Darling, Spartan Environment".
Well might as well take this opportunity to plug my Cynthia thread!!!

By in all seriousness, is there anything you want to talk about to bring this back to talking about Shantae?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I mean, Christina Vee is a fairly high-profile voice actress at this point, so she likely knows pretty well how to follow NDA contracts (As she is likely under one as well. Heck, I remember Xander Mobus, the announcer since Smash 4, saying he was not only under an NDA, but he also didn't even know the fighter cast himself due to a ton of random names that weren't actually in there.)
Those feels when Xander likely had to read out the names of several videogame characters he recognized but could never tell if they were in the game or just there to keep from him truly knowing the roster.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Those feels when Xander likely had to read out the names of several videogame characters he recognized but could never tell if they were in the game or just there to keep from him truly knowing the roster.
As far as I know, he's at least a fair fan of video games, so I bet it was really painful for him.

I remember an amusing Reddit comment along the lines of "Peach, Fox, Wolf, Villager, Plum, Daisy, Candy, Robin, House, Cake....Wait, what do you mean 6 of those were actual fighters!?"

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
WayForward's really doing a good job not leaking or responding to any Smash Tweets. If she's playable, the Social Media team for WayForward all need a raise for how much we try to make them squeal.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
WayForward's really doing a good job not leaking or responding to any Smash Tweets. If she's playable, the Social Media team for WayForward all need a raise for how much we try to make them squeal.
Lets turn up the difficulty, shall we?

D

Deleted member

Unlike what yacht said 4 months ago which made him an AT but since WF didn’t do the exact same thing like them I say she’s in as a newcomer.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Lets turn up the difficulty, shall we?
I kinda want to. Not to be mean with it though.
Honestly... we're have a month left. We all know she's in Smash in some capacity at this point.

As long as we aren't mean or forceful about it it'd be fun messing with the WayForward Twitter.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Honestly... we're have a month left. We all know she's in Smash in some capacity at this point.

As long as we aren't mean or forceful about it it'd be fun messing with the WayForward Twitter.
I second this.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

Please don't, I meant that entirely as a joke!

If they are under an NDA, its best not to tempt them. If we accidentally force a reveal, it'll just result in penalties for Wayforward. Even if they aren't, we should try not to risk it.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That's a poor argument, considering there are moves in Smash Bros, that were only used in Boss Battles from respective games before (e.g. Bowser and Ridley)

Plus, it doesn't matter if Dark Samus has access to the Hyper Missile or not in MP3.
It still would've made more sense for her to have Hyper Missiles, than normal missiles.
Considering she is all about Phazon.

And let's not forget the poster boy for using attacks in Smash, he couldn't use in his origin game...
Coughnesscough
In Metroid Prime 2 Dark Samus uses normal and Super missiles just like Samus, and the interesting thing about the former is that they make a "Phazon" sound effect when they hit you. Likewise in Ultimate though they function similarly to Samus's missiles, they are altered by Phazon in looks. And besides, Hyper Missiles are way too fast and powerful to be balanced properly.

Now, a late reply regarding about Dark Samus's "expressiveness"... have any of you taken a good look at her Ultimate animations? She's not just a twin in a suit, she's a completely insane alien trapped in a human shape that is utterly addicted to the power she wields. She fires with reckless disregard for things such as "recoil control", her sidestep looks more like a random spasm than a conscious attempt to dodge and two of her taunts have her flaunting the Phazon within her. She is basically what Nega-Shantae would if she were an alien. This clip alone sells it:

Just because you don't have a visible face doesn't mean you can't be expressive. She just had a similar problem to Ridley in that the games don't give either much of a chance to show off the facets of their personality outside of their interactions with Samus.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Please don't, I meant that entirely as a joke!

If they are under an NDA, its best not to tempt them. If we accidentally force a reveal, it'll just result in penalties for Wayforward
I don't think they ever would. They seem hard body.

You know those soldiers (I think British) that just have to stand there not saying a word no matter how badly they are tempted. That's WayForward. And they're doing a damn good job keeping **** under wraps.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I don't think they ever would. They seem hard body.

You know those soldiers (I think British) that just have to stand there not saying a word no matter how badly they are tempted. That's WayForward. And they're doing a damn good job keeping **** under wraps.
Even so, its better to just not take the risk. Breaking NDA agreements is serious business.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Even so, its better to just not take the risk. Breaking NDA agreements is serious business.
How far am I allowed to take it?

I just wanna Tweeet them like...

"Y'know what would be spooky? Shantae not being a playable fighter in Smash. Happy Halloween!"

You know. Something kids and adults can enjoy. Lmao.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
How far am I allowed to take it?

I just wanna Tweeet them like...

"Y'know what would be spooky? Shantae not being a playable fighter in Smash. Happy Halloween!"

You know. Something kids and adults can enjoy. Lmao.
They likely won't respond to it. You can go for it. Im just saying we shouldn't be doing it to intentionally try to force an answer.

D

Deleted member

Retweet? Sorry, I've been away for a bit.
She retweeted this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It’s not a big giveaway/doom in our chances it’s just a hint to know who’s gonna get revealed next as a fighter imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Retweet? Sorry, I've been away for a bit.
I'd like to know about this retweet as well.

Connor, you make a lot of big claims in this thread. Might I ask how you are so sure about somethings? Maybe its just my inner skeptic talking.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:
Top Bottom