• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Sora and Elma. Sora'd be my last big want for Smash, and Elma is rad and I think she'd be a cool addition with her dual wielding swords and guns. Then I think I'm just out of additions that could happen for Smash and I guess I'll support someone dumb and cool that has little to no chance of getting in like Kazuma Kiryu or something.
I see your Haru pfp. Adorable floof.

Sora is also up there on some of my most wanted, as I am a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. The only issue I have is that I would want them to use his KH1 or KH2 design, rather than his KH3 one.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
I see your Haru pfp. Adorable floof.

Sora is also up there on some of my most wanted, as I am a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. The only issue I have is that I would want them to use his KH1 or KH2 design, rather than his KH3 one.
She is! She's one of my two favourite characters from 2017, too <3

Also I'd kinda want a KH2 or KH3 outfit just 'cause I'm kinda sick of the KH1 outfit. Plus KH2 sora has super sick air combos.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I think the one you are thinking of is Decay of Logos. Took me a while to find the name of it.

Anyways, hi everybody! I'm just another lurker who's been reading all the stuff written about our favorite half-genie hero.
OMG THANK YOU! That was driving me batty!!! *saves the announcement trailer so I won't forget it again*

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You're just using plain game mechanics for Richter. Any human can aim a whip and most fictional whip users can tether things. Simon lacks Richter's magical abilities and his acrobatics which is a lot different. I mean, he's been in more games than every Belmont so if he had those abilities, they would've been displayed. He really has nothing special even in Castlevania Judgement.

Ness and Lucas could have easily used PK Rockin/Love for their final smash but why Starstorm was chosen is beyond me. Plus, PK Paralysis could have easily been PK Fire since the latter nearly does the same thing.

As for Ganondorf, he may not have been planned for Melee but he was brought back for the next two games without much change put into him. Funny enough, Link has more drastic changes to him in Ultimate than Ganondorf has now. He at least uses his sword now and I wonder what took Sakurai that long to do so.
Now I want you to take a good look at the things you're saying. Obviously you're not happy with the way some of these characters are portrayed.

So why is it okay for Shantae to be limited just so you can have a character you want more yet apparently don't believe can make it in on their own merits? That would imply Shantae is the echo while Risky is the original.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
As for Ganondorf, he may not have been planned for Melee but he was brought back for the next two games without much change put into him. Funny enough, Link has more drastic changes to him in Ultimate than Ganondorf has now. He at least uses his sword now and I wonder what took Sakurai that long to do so.
The reason Ganondorf ended up being like he was from Melee to 4...

In Melee, Ganondorf was a last-second addition. And Melee's development cycle was notoriously short and rough.
They simply didn't have the time to create an original moveset for him back then.

And the reason he stayed like this in subsequent games, is simply because Sakurai didn't want to alienate returning Ganondorf players, with an entirely different moveset than what they're used to.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
On another note, can anyone actually find the statistics regarding sales for the games? I find it odd how Shantae is considered a best seller on the 3DS, yet barely sold 100,000 copies. Is there a possible reason for this? The Shantae fanbase seems to be pretty bustling for a number like that. We're also the 2nd most popular newcomer thread currently on Smashboards, with the 2nd most replies and views.
Hmm, well I know quite a couple here haven't even played many of the games, or any at all really. They just know of the character, and think she'd be a cool addition to the roster. :)

Also, this could be a case of "quality over quantity". :p

D

Deleted member

Guys there’s clearly a smash direct coming on the 24th because I checked the blog sheet and there wasn’t a special occasion on there

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Guys there’s clearly a smash direct coming on the 24th because I checked the blog sheet and there wasn’t a special occasion on there
Well, someone did claim earlier this month that there would be one on the 24th, so I'm somewhat certain something might happen then. I didn't put much stock into this week anyway.
You've got anything to back that up?

No offense to you or anyone who claims that, but without proof, I'd rather just trust official word.

D

Deleted member

Well, someone did claim earlier this month that there would be one on the 24th, so I'm somewhat certain something might happen then. I didn't put much stock into this week anyway.
I know but it makes sense for shantae to get revealed as a fighter

Let me show you all

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You've got anything to back that up?

No offense to you or anyone who claims that, but without proof, I'd rather just trust official word.
I didn't imagine it, I'm sure it was brought up earlier on this board. Somehow everyone else developed amnesia as soon as Big House happened. There's so many leaks that hearing of a somewhat likely one is a needle in a haystack these days.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So why is it okay for Shantae to be limited just so you can have a character you want more yet apparently don't believe can make it in on their own merits? That would imply Shantae is the echo while Risky is the original.
You know it's just a mere wish or do you think I somehow have the power to manipulate Sakurai and this is your attempt at heroics? You would go this far to attack an idea that the devs will never look at nor care about. Honestly, it's a waste of time. The game should be close to being finished and the roster was probably finalized months ago so it's too late for any voodoo trick to change the roster.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I had the strangest dream last night.

It was the middle of the weirdest direct that I have ever seen.

What was weird to me was that there was a Scuttle Town Stage, Dance Through the Danger was playing, and Shantae was an assist trophy.

The reason I knew it wasn't real? Scooby Doo and Shaggy were the playable characters.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master

What was weird to me was that there was a Scuttle Town Stage, Dance Through the Danger was playing, and Shantae was an assist trophy.

The reason I knew it wasn't real? Scooby Doo and Shaggy were the playable characters.
At least it's better than what I dreamed. Some thief stole a lot my stuff including my 3DS which really pissed me off throughout most of my dream and then I found out he/she was living under my home in a crevice and surviving on dead animals.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

What did you eat or drink before bed? lol

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I have an idea for Shantae's moveset actually, which is pretty silly.

So, what if she had the ability to don the outfits from the HGH Costume Pack? I don't know how she'd put them on, but I thought it was a fun concept. When wearing the Officer outfit, she could shoot pellets, similar to Mega Man, though maybe dealing a little more damage than his (It'd also be a cool way of giving Mighty Switch Force representation :)). And wearing the Ninja outfit, she could have some moves, inspired by (or directly taken from) Greninja.

I dunno, it's a dumb idea. :p

D

Deleted member

Just be glad shantae isn't an assist And a fighter

Also I found this in a shantae smash video
4608FACD-6A42-48DD-83AE-7348B2B106C8.jpeg

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
For those who can’t see, he retweeted Nintendo Live on the NOJ Twitter.
Isn't that just like a tournament, or something? I could see a Direct being revealed at the end of it, I guess, but I don't know if it's too important, though it might mean something if Sakurai retweeted it.

And also, I think it's taking place on November 3rd?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I hope Shantae made the roster. Because if she were an Assist, why not have her playable in Blade Strangers at the very least?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Oh I see, it seems to be some kind of event with smash involved on the 11th oh November from what I understand.
From what I have gathered, this is a new event Nintendo has brought in, which hosts tournaments of Smash, Splatoon, Mario Tennis Aces. ARMS, etc.

It will first be held in the Tokyo Messe Hall, on November 3rd and November 4th, and in the Kyoto International Conference Centre, on November 23rd, and November 24th. :)

zferolie

Smash Hero

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
From what I have gathered, this is a new event Nintendo has brought in, which hosts tournaments of Smash, Splatoon, Mario Tennis Aces. ARMS, etc.

It will first be held in the Tokyo Messe Hall, on November 3rd and November 4th, and in the Kyoto International Conference Centre, on November 23rd, and November 24th. :)
Oh okay I got everything wrong xD I'll leave the investigation part to you guys xD

Do you guys think we should expect some kind of announcement during this event ? Personally I think not

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
You know... I have been thinking. I've been on the Shantae train since Ultimate was announced, but I never really thought about who to support if and when she is confirmed. Who are you guys going to hop to in the event she does get in?
shantae is my final and most wanted character so there isn't really anyone else ill want to root for. ive already got daisy, my favorite street fighter, ken, got leaked, zero and knuckles got locked as assists (although im happy they're in the game!), and simon belmont got confirmed! with shantae i'll be 110% set.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh okay I got everything wrong xD I'll leave the investigation part to you guys xD

Do you guys think we should expect some kind of announcement during this event ? Personally I think not
Oh I can easily see the final smash releated news to happen then. But we will get something before that too, most likely next week. And then have the final push then makes sense as its 2 weeks before launch and the perfect time to finish the roster, and talk about how DLC will work in the future of the game

4 characters next week and 4 characters(plus the DLC hint/tease) during that event

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You know it's just a mere wish or do you think I somehow have the power to manipulate Sakurai and this is your attempt at heroics? You would go this far to attack an idea that the devs will never look at nor care about. Honestly, it's a waste of time. The game should be close to being finished and the roster was probably finalized months ago so it's too late for any voodoo trick to change the roster.
Well, you could have just cleared it up that it was only a half-suggestion that you didn't really put stock in to curtail all this sooner then.

Isn't that right, Wayforward?

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone so certain that she'll be in a direct?
A vast majority of the characters in 4 were just revealed on the website. She might just appear out of nowhere on the official site, too.
i think she should be explained if she's been selected, but I don't think we should be solely waiting for a direct.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
A vast majority of the characters in 4 were just revealed on the website. She might just appear out of nowhere on the official site, too.
i think she should be explained if she's been selected, but I don't think we should be solely waiting for a direct.
But, no characters have been revealed outside of a Direct for this game, yet.

I'd say they're only announcing them in Directs, this time around.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
That may have been the case in Brawl, but things have changed since then. For Smash 4, the only characters who were revealed on the website were veterans. All of the newcomers had a trailer just for them (except Dark Pit and Lucina, even though they were in other character's trailers).

D

Deleted member

The reason she’s gonna be revealed as a fighter on the 24th because it’s between two important shantae dates

23rd pirates curse released

24th direct/new franchise/pm time direct

25th pirates curse jp release/am time direct

And the music preview could be from pirates curse because of pirates curse jp release and with SF coming to Japan also on the switch ken will likely get revealed as an echo alongside shantae

So yes it all makes sense she will be revealed as a fighter on the 24th there is no such thing as an assist because SK already took that spot for indie AT meaning no more indie AT slots

Let me rephrase what I said

pc jp release=shantae reveal
Sf jp release=ken echo reveal
Alucard+sable prince=no more transforming AT
SK assist=no more indie AT (excluding shantaes AT/rotty)

*Phew* that was Sure a lot!

Also that leak is still ****

Top Bottom