• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Why are so many people still under the impression that Skull Kid is in?
...I dunno, because they are. :/

I don't think we should go around dissing other fanbases, because that might give us a bad name within the community. We're known for keeping to ourselves, I don't want our reputation to be hurt. Then there'd be even more hate for Shantae, and for us.

If we respect everyone and their opinions, then they will respect us back.

I'm fine, thank you to ask ! I just bought Super Mario Party which I can't wait to try with my friends... weekends are always a blessing
Oh, that's wonderful! :D
Great to hear from you!

I'd love to know your thoughts on the game!

Although, any talk of people having friends makes me slightly jealous. :urg:
Ah, but it's fine. :)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
How does the Moon replace Skull Kid? He never did anything with it as an assist.
Eh? Well, Skull Kid hasn't been announced to be an assist trophy yet, and The Moon already represents Majora's Mask in a good way, so there's no need to have Skull Kid. If he is an assist trophy again, why haven't they announced him yet? There's no reason to keep it secret. ( Door Key Pig Door Key Pig already explained it perfectly. Thanks.)

Now, the main belief now is that Skull Kid is a boss, but if he was, I thought they'd go and make him an assist trophy as well, as they did with Rathalos (sorry if i butchered the spelling lol). I dunno, I could very easily see him as a fighter, but I don't think so.

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I think that's because he hasn't been disproven. The only thing that derailed his momentum was a "leaker" being proved false and another "leaker" saying he's a boss.
If the next direct shows Ken to be an assist trophy people would turn against veggie bend and incineroar wouldn't be taken seriously, but Incineroars likelihood doesn't necessarily go away with veggie bend's credibility. Only bandwagon fans will leave.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
.... well that was a huge waste of my time... and I searched in the directory too and found nothing... I think I did a great thread too...
Yeah, It's very weird like that. I actually found Teeb's Meloetta on the directory tho, but the thread for Euden and Zethia (Dragalia Lost [The New Nintendo Mobile Game]), just to provide an example, isn't on the directory.

It’s not that it’s the shantae part plus skull kid ain’t happening

Also Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 it can fill the nindies spots remember?
It could, but so could any reveal for Shantae, regardless of date. And also, it doesn't mean it's real. Any one of us could have made that leak (I didn't), so don't act like it means anything until something's confirmed for October 9th. Even then, the date could be a lucky guess. I remember one fake E3 leak that predicted the exact date the first info the Online stuff would be revealed. It got the date right, but it got everything else wrong.

So basically, hope it's real, but don't get your hopes up that it's real.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Probably just aftermath from Loz18.

I know but I’m just saying

Also nega shantae was in that picture. 69£ maybe?
Again, any reveal for the base roster, regardless of date, would validate the Exeggutor theory and the Nindie blog theory.

And Nega Shantae being 69e would be awesome, since we'd finally get a female villain (Again, Dark Samus is genderless). And it'd definitely send the GameFAQs guys into a rampage seeing not just one Shantae, but TWO.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah, It's very weird like that. I actually found Teeb's Meloetta on the directory tho, but the thread for Euden and Zethia (Dragalia Lost [The New Nintendo Mobile Game]), just to provide an example, isn't on the directory.

It could, but so could any reveal for Shantae, regardless of date. And also, it doesn't mean it's real. Any one of us could have made that leak (I didn't), so don't act like it means anything until something's confirmed for October 9th. Even then, the date could be a lucky guess. I remember one fake E3 leak that predicted the exact date the first info the Online stuff would be revealed. It got the date right, but it got everything else wrong.

So basically, hope it's real, but don't get your hopes up that it's real.
Really? I looked yesterday and it wasn't there.... Did it vanish then appear?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Probably just aftermath from Loz18.

Again, any reveal for the base roster, regardless of date, would validate the Exeggutor theory and the Nindie blog theory.

And Nega Shantae being 69e would be awesome, since we'd finally get a female villain (Again, Dark Samus is genderless). And it'd definitely send the GameFAQs guys into a rampage seeing not just one Shantae, but TWO.
We have Wendy as a Koopaling alt.

Also whats the Nindie blog theory?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
There are some missing blog posts on the day of the nindies direct, so people think that was gonna be for shantae. Plus the 1 more thing line during the direct.

Teeb147 Teeb147 Hmm, I wonder if we could combine ours or something. Just put a ton of effort into this and to be screwed because the listing didn't show it yesterday for some reason...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
She doesn't really count, since she's just an alt and not considered an actual fighter.
Eh, it's still something to consider I guess. You have to look at every detail really.

And, as cool as Nega Shantae would be, I think we should just stick to speculating about good ole normal Shantae for now.

(Also, can somebody please ask the artists in the newcomer stock icons thread if they could make a Nega Shantae one? That would be awesome!)

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Already on it.

So basically, every entry on the Super Smash Blog has a number to state where in chronological order the blog post was posted. There are two instances where this order was broken: the delayed September Nintendo Direct, which skipped a week's worth of blog posts, and refilled them after Isabelle was revealed, along with two missing blog posts from the time of the Nindies showcase in August: Numbers 120 and 121. Those blog posts still haven't been filled. The theory is that there was supposed an Indie-related Smash reveal (probably and hopefully Shantae), but they, for some reason, decided to not go through with it on that day.

Edit: The main reason most of us think they didn't go through with it is that having a Smash reveal would overshadow the actual Indie games meant to be revealed on that day.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Eh, it's still something to consider I guess. You have to look at every detail really.

And, as cool as Nega Shantae would be, I think we should just stick to speculating about good ole normal Shantae for now.

(Also, can somebody please ask the artists in the newcomer stock icons thread if they could make a Nega Shantae one? That would be awesome!)
I asked for a Donbe and Hikari icon a few weeks ago and still nothing

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Huh. That would explain why there was the "we have one more thing to show you" bit only to show us another indie game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Really? I looked yesterday and it wasn't there.... Did it vanish then appear?
I was in the directory to update my signature with links to support threads, and I saw a Meloetta thread in there.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was in the directory to update my signature with links to support threads, and I saw a Meloetta thread in there.
Maybe I completely missed it, but I could have sworn I looked exactly where it was supposed to be and didn't see it...

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Alright guys it is time for the question of the day!!!

If Shantae gets confirmed as a playable fighter, what parody song would you tweet to WF and Matt Bozon?

My answer is "R,R,B"

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Alright guys it is time for the question of the day!!!

If Shantae gets confirmed as a playable fighter, what parody song would you tweet to WF and Matt Bozon?

My answer is "R,R,B"
Could you please give a little more context on what you mean by "parody song"?

Also, speaking of questions, who thinks we should have have a different question for the poll at the top of the thread? Maybe something like, "Which one of Shantae's friends is your favourite?", or "What is your favourite game in the series?". I know this has been brought up previously, but I've always thought it was an interesting idea...

Last edited:
Top Bottom