• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Exactly what I was implying if verg is a real leaker with inside sources he would not have to resort to speculating at all Because DLC has not been mentioned officially.

All of his older "leaks" were straight forward and to the point whitch is all he needs to do. He already told us that we are supposedly getting a square rep and that he wants to protect his sources by not stating who it is.

I find it strange that he needed to elaborate on the case at how square may possibly be handling a smash inclusion with fake info with their employes thats just odd to me. Especially since Cloud's inclusion was handled very well because the few people who knew were most likely the higher ups.

It's not like many people at square should even know there is any smash inclusion at all as far as we know only some of the higher ups should know this after all they would not be the one's making the said character at their own studio it would be made at nintendo's studio.

For example that would be like stating Shantae was in but you could not tell people the name of the character because your sources would lose there job and on top of that the higher ups are telling the employes at wayforward there is a smash character in but feeding different character names to different people to see who would leak thats just stupid you would keep your cards close to your chest to have the best chance at avoiding leaks.

All in all its just strange to me... Now that I think about it it would be odd if his source was at square unless its one of the higher ups that are leaking to him but that would contradict the fact that square does infact dispise leaks and if his sources are nintendo one's he would not have to worry as he does not protect them anyway cause he has stated all the characters that he knew that are from nintendo's side.

Anyways either he does have a legit square source or he is a big shot attention w***e troll who is scrambling to guess at this point cuase he lost his original sources and constantly is getting bugged to say more by his zombie horde followers.

We shall see shrug.
I guess streams of thought can be good sometimes. I do think there's some good things to think about in there.
I didn't think it's that off for that kind of stuff to be happening, maybe SE really is hard on employees like he says, but it does bring the question up for me as to where do his sources come from. Does he really have some at SE if they're that strict? He does kind of imply that someone told him there is an SE character but they dont want to go into detail because of it. And it's not news that someone like him has multiple sources, but the more sources someone has, the less likely to have just good ones he would have.

Who is he to have all these connections? That's one question it does bring up to me, because I am not going to hate on him just like that, but I do think there's plenty to question, and plenty of reason not to trust everything he says. He has had a few good tidbits of info, but that doesn't mean the rest is right.

Anyway, there's questions. :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
not wanting to bring up the old wounds, but what are people still using to go against Shantae on her possible inclusion in Smash Ultimate?
Oh that's easy. Everything.

Don't know how half of them can survive in a world where Bayonetta is in Smash but apparently midrifts are sinful.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Oh that's easy. Everything.

Don't know how half of them can survive in a world where Bayonetta is in Smash but apparently midrifts are sinful.
Heck, even Princess Jasmine still shows her midriff. Instead of hiding it, they gave her butt a cape lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Side note: I heard a 4chan "leak" saying Shantae would be in a Smash direct on October 9th.

Only notable for 4chan saying something positive about Shantae but let's see...

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Side note: I heard a 4chan "leak" saying Shantae would be in a Smash direct on October 9th.

I saw that leak, and I'm hoping it's real. Maybe not the date, but her being revealed as a fighter.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

It would be funny if it was the one 4chan leak to actually be right about something.

I shouldn't ask this, but do you have a link? I know going to 4chan is never a good idea, but I'm curious about the comment section.

D

Deleted member

Have you ever heard of the "Dyllybirdy Rule"?

If you just reuse the same jokes over and over and over again, they will start to get stale, and people will start to hate you, and then you'll no longer be liked in the thread. Yeahhhh...
Ok I’ll stop! I don’t want to go stale!

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
not wanting to bring up the old wounds, but what are people still using to go against Shantae on her possible inclusion in Smash Ultimate?
Same stuff as ever, we might as well make an "anti-Shantae bingo" since the same agruments are posted every single time
  • too sexy!
  • western indie!
  • if shovel knight couldn't do it, no one can!
  • her games suck!
  • no one voted for her on the ballot! only shovel knight!
  • wayforward is just being quiet on twitter for attention!
  • people only want shantae because she's hot!
after that it's just people insulting shantae fans for thinking she has a chance, how dare we support a character right?

I guess streams of thought can be good sometimes. I do think there's some good things to think about in there.
I didn't think it's that off for that kind of stuff to be happening, maybe SE really is hard on employees like he says, but it does bring the question up for me as to where do his sources come from. Does he really have some at SE if they're that strict? He does kind of imply that someone told him there is an SE character but they dont want to go into detail because of it. And it's not news that someone like him has multiple sources, but the more sources someone has, the less likely to have just good ones he would have.

Who is he to have all these connections? That's one question it does bring up to me, because I am not going to hate on him just like that, but I do think there's plenty to question, and plenty of reason not to trust everything he says. He has had a few good tidbits of info, but that doesn't mean the rest is right.

Anyway, there's questions. :)
See here's what doesn't make sense about Verge's "Logic", Why does he NOW care about people losing their jobs? Did he just not give a **** about his "Sources" that told him Simon, Ridley, Ken, Incineroar and Isabelle but apparently his "SE source" is so important that he can't even say the name of the character? He's full of ****, he never started talking about "MUH PEOPLE'S JOBS" or Dlc until the Box Theory started picking up steam and he got scared that his lucky streak is ending. To paraphrase what someone on Gamefaqs said "Every fake leaker and their mother have either Geno, Sora, Noctis, Chrono, Sepiroth, Dragon Quest Hero or any other SE character on their list. Are SE just gonna fire everyone because a fake leaker looking for attention guessed the character?"

Teeb147

Smash Legend
See here's what doesn't make sense about Verge's "Logic", Why does he NOW care about people losing their jobs? Did he just not give a **** about his "Sources" that told him Simon, Ridley, Ken, Incineroar and Isabelle but apparently his "SE source" is so important that he can't even say the name of the character? He's full of ****, he never started talking about "MUH PEOPLE'S JOBS" or Dlc until the Box Theory started picking up steam and he got scared that his lucky streak is ending. To paraphrase what someone on Gamefaqs said "Every fake leaker and their mother have either Geno, Sora, Noctis, Chrono, Sepiroth, Dragon Quest Hero or any other SE character on their list. Are SE just gonna fire everyone because a fake leaker looking for attention guessed the character?"
He was just explaining why it was harder for the SE one to be specific. (stricter company, from his claim)
But you're right at the end, because they're still characters that people know, so it's not like it's something super secret that no one could guess.

So with that thought, it does make put a bit into question the plausibility of the scenario.
Who's to say, really, but I guess for me it doesn't change too much because I already decided to not put much weight to leaks including his.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, you folks have been going on about Daisy "booty bumping" someone expecting it to be Shantae.

But who's gonna have the honor of having a Phazon cannon planted on their head? You may think it's currently pointed at Marth, but Dark Samus seems a bit too far back for that to be the case.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
He was just explaining why it was harder for the SE one to be specific.
But you're right at the end, because they're still characters that people know, so it's not like it's something super secret that no one could guess.

So with that thought, it does make put a bit into question the plausibility of the scenario.
Who's to say, really, but I guess for me it doesn't change too much because I already decided to not put much weight to leaks including his.
Yeah, you can't invest too much either way with these leaks. Verg could be right, he could be wrong. All I'm really sure of is he doesn't know about everything in the game and that's all I really care about.

If he was going around saying "I know exactly how the game is going to end up and this is it, nothing else" Then i would be bothered, but K Rool and how vague he was over which pokemon and which square rep means he has heard "or claimed to have heard" things, but not everything.

Shantae is in that corner of the dev team that hasn't said anything to him (if anyone has which i still doubt)

Swade

Smash Apprentice

A leak involving Shantae, the rarest kind of leak these days.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Unless it has her as an Assist Trophy. Because I spent too much time writing my post, Captain Hazama Captain Hazama beat me to it lol.

While it may be tempting to think that way, I wouldn't bet against Dark Lord (Yes I'm gonna keep calling him that) Vergeben gets something wrong. I just hope that wouldn't mean... Box Theory, because that's just as bad, if not worse for Shantae's chances (and I firmly believe she's in the base game in some regard, so that'd mean... Assist Trophy...) (I seriously need something positive to talk about)

Okay, that's some good memes you got there to inject into my veins. Though to be honest, the first half of it actually looked legitimately good!
I'm pretty sure that's because most of it's from Tekken 7. When I first saw it before the Isabelle direct was supposed to be dropped, I checked (out of paranoia) to make sure it was an actual meme and not a real leak disguised as a meme.

D

Deleted member

Unless it's about her being AT. It's either that or "she ain't IN LOL"
That’s just dumb I believe that would mean she’s a fighter because it’s on a Tuesday and tracks get uploaded on Tuesday and it’s still possible jake is I beleve still under an nda do you? Also it would be great to reveal a new franchise and she’s likely

Also it had nega shantae with her meaning she could be an echo for her

Last edited by a moderator:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
That almost makes me want to believe it more. I mean, no one leaks Shantae as a fighter, and so far most all the "leaks" out there have been proven false.

For what it's worth, the said "leak" was basically nothing more than saying "Shantae will be reveled on the 9th" so if it is fake, at least they didn't go all out making up a bunch of stuff like everyone usually does.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Speaking of Leaks there was someone who leaked that we'll be getting Shantae on October 9th. I doubt it's real seeing as the person had a Shantae Avatar meaning they are probably a little Biased. It's just something to freak out about just in case the Direct is announced on October 9th.

For More information, here's the video where I heard about the leak.
Interesting that that was posted just before all the evidence piled up towards a new reveal.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just a reminder that in game “leaks” with pictures can be faked as well. How? Mods for
Smash 4.

I say this because I hopped on YouTube, saw a fake leak to laugh at, and Shantae was one of the characters in the “leak”... except it was clearly this, a Shantae character replacement mod for Zelda.

Now if y’all pardon me, I’m just gonna sit and wait for actual news.

CD20CF29-3F6D-493B-84D1-82A4FDF9884F.gif

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
*Somewhere in an Alternate Timeline Far Out in the Boundless Vastness of the Multiverse*

"Oh, hey look at this, Dylly added something meaningful to the discussion."

"WHAT! This is impossible!! Dyllybirdy's actually contributing to the thread!"

"Wow, Dylly, good job! This has boosted her chances significantly!"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
*Somewhere in an Alternate Timeline Far Out in the Boundless Vastness of the Multiverse*

"Oh, hey look at this, Dylly added something meaningful to the discussion."

"WHAT! This is impossible!! Dyllybirdy's actually contributing to the thread!"

"Wow, Dylly, good job! This has boosted her chances significantly!"
How do you think I feel? I posted my moveset ideas and you saw how that went earlier. Only thing I have for discussion material is voice actors for the Shantae series, but you saw how that went earlier as well.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that in game “leaks” with pictures can be faked as well. How? Mods for
Smash 4.

I say this because I hopped on YouTube, saw a fake leak to laugh at, and Shantae was one of the characters in the “leak”... except it was clearly this, a Shantae character replacement mod for Zelda.

Now if y’all pardon me, I’m just gonna sit and wait for actual news.

View attachment 168180
...I reconize that model from some not very SFW things...

It's Mimikyu
Where? I checked the Jan blog and US blog and the twitter but nothing is up

EDIT: Of course its only on the japanese blog twitter.... jesus they need to really put everything up everywhere at once...

Last edited:
Top Bottom