• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Nice catch! I'm sure it's nothing (the blue and composition of the cover are pretty different), but nice digging nonetheless. ^^
By the way, I've read the entire series of Children of the Lamp, years ago. XD (really like the first few books, but absolutely hate the two last ones)

What would be interesting might be if there's a japanese translation of the CotL-Books and if the japanese cover is closer to the one in the picture? ;D
that's what I mean by caricature. It's not the exact book, but a exaggerated picture that they could've made. I mean, even the letters are yellow. Too many similarities.

zferolie

Smash Hero
4 pages I missed just overnight, crazy. Anything of note?

So, slightly Shantae releated, but also tied to Touhou. Years ago Christina Vee did an english version of the famous touhou music video Bad Apple.

Wanted to share for the fellow touhou and shantae fans. :) I wonder if Reimu got an english voice would Vee voice her?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
4 pages I missed just overnight, crazy. Anything of note?

So, slightly Shantae releated, but also tied to Touhou. Years ago Christina Vee did an english version of the famous touhou music video Bad Apple.

Wanted to share for the fellow touhou and shantae fans. :) I wonder if Reimu got an english voice would Vee voice her?
Well, that would be pretty awkward in Smash, two characters being voiced Christina Vee and all.

But, otherwise, yeah that would be really cool!

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Well, that would be pretty awkward in Smash, two characters being voiced Christina Vee and all.

Heh, aren't Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi and the babies voiced by the same guy ? ^^
It's doesn't seem like a problem.
Christina would just need to "create" a different voice ^^

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
So Everyone!
want something that makes stretch-armstrong look inflexible?
so as my name suggests I'm moderately obsessed with Shantae, speculation, and Smash Bros. So I've been looking for that Blue book in the background of the 8/8 direct. Hard as ****!
BUT what if I can't find it because it's a caricature of a book? What if I can't find it because they wouldn't be allowed to have/advertise a book that's not theirs? It got me thinking...
I did a little sifting and I found This... The background is blue, it appears to have a bird, a boat, and the ocean on it. The lettering on the book in the direct looks as though it could be CotL (Children of the Lamp) .
is it likely? Probably not, but I need to find a conclusion for this obsession so I can stop.
I do find the the resemblance striking ... Good job detective ^^
I just don't know why they'd bother making a caricature since making the image blury is enough to avoid any problem.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
So Everyone!
want something that makes stretch-armstrong look inflexible?
so as my name suggests I'm moderately obsessed with Shantae, speculation, and Smash Bros. So I've been looking for that Blue book in the background of the 8/8 direct. Hard as ****!
BUT what if I can't find it because it's a caricature of a book? What if I can't find it because they wouldn't be allowed to have/advertise a book that's not theirs? It got me thinking...
I did a little sifting and I found This... The background is blue, it appears to have a bird, a boat, and the ocean on it. The lettering on the book in the direct looks as though it could be CotL (Children of the Lamp) .
is it likely? Probably not, but I need to find a conclusion for this obsession so I can stop.
OMG I thought I was the only one that was on a hunt for that book. When I first seen it since the August Smash Direct.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

Some of the most talented voice actors are able to have full conversations or arguments with themselves. Scott McNeill is a good example. That is why I roll my eyes when people suggest replacing Christina Vee with someone else to voice Risky Boots.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
The funny thing is that I think Octolings would make amazing Echo Fighters and I fully support it, but where I'm having issues is imagining eight colors 100% distinctive from the eight we already have so that playing mixed games of Inklings and Octolings don't become a mess of "Who's color belongs to what?"
I was gonna mention that, yeah I’d be on board too with them but I don’t know if the ink colors would pose a problem with that
I didn't know that only 8 colors exist...

I like the idea of having the base Splatoon 2 Octoling (Agent 8) as the default skin but have the S1 Octos as alt skins. If (more like when) Octolings make it I'm praying for an alt skin based off Marina........
I would definitely be for that.
But since the argument is that Splatoon 2's Octolings are too new and came too late to be playable characters, using Splatoon 1's Octolings would render that argument moot.

There's like 30+ different colors in Splatoon multiplayer and that's not even counting the special Splatfest ink colors. I also don't think ink stays on the field long enough for it to be a huge deal.
We already have blue and light blue inklings, no reason we can't have dark green, reddish pink, cyan, blueish green, ect for the Octolings.

EDIT: Here's an image of all the ink colors from just Splatoon 1, I THINK there's enough for 16 different ink colors.
Damn straight.
I really wonder why people make this an issue, when there is none.
The Ink-Color variety of the first game alone easily surpassed 16.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I do find the the resemblance striking ... Good job detective ^^
I just don't know why they'd bother making a caricature since making the image blury is enough to avoid any problem.
I think I quoted the messages right... Sorry if I didn't.
from my understanding of copyright law any amount of blurring without completely obscuring the material would be illegal and within grounds to sue.

OMG I thought I was the only one that was on a hunt for that book. When I first seen it since the August Smash Direct.
I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one! Everyone seemed to move on from the direct and here I was looking like Charlie a day in that meme thinking "this ****ING book is the only one not turned to the side!"

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Hold up a sec. Ok lets just say hypothetically verg is a real leaker, Now if I'm not mistaken this is the first time he mentioned DLC.

Isn't that big news? Does this mean his sources have told him there is DLC? Or is he just speculating and this could be a slip-up.

Honestly if the guy was a real leaker don't you think he would have made a leak post about it to specify that DLC is a thing?

I'm smelling a rotton egg...
This is another reason why I don't trust him. Seems to me that he's predicting things rather than leaking things.

Not to mention he's sketchy AF and can't seem to make up his mind about certain characters.

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
But Sakurai also said there was too much FE in the roster. The point I'm making is that there are other fun characters from franchises that have yet to get any fighters (Chibi Robo, Golden Sun, ARMS, ect) and the idea of them continuing to get pushed to the wayside so we can get a promotional character no one wanted from a franchise that already had 5 fighters at the time is super duper lame.
I wanted Corrin, don't put words in my mouth.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Hold up a sec. Ok lets just say hypothetically verg is a real leaker, Now if I'm not mistaken this is the first time he mentioned DLC.

Isn't that big news? Does this mean his sources have told him there is DLC? Or is he just speculating and this could be a slip-up.

Honestly if the guy was a real leaker don't you think he would have made a leak post about it to specify that DLC is a thing?

I'm smelling a rotton egg...
I think you're jumping to far ahead, my friend. Everyone is speculating DLC. To be fair, we don't even know if there is going to be DLC because Sakurai has stated that he doesn't plan DLC till the game is finished.

Good try tho.

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
So, she made it to the championship against Bandana Waddle Dee. Let's ban together and get her a "W".

Dukefire

Smash Master
With this new spark having to begin a new flame, make sure that all of us keep that new flame under control or else it will be out of control if the restrictions are not properly set.

D

Deleted member

Do you still believe jake is still under an nda still?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Some of the most talented voice actors are able to have full conversations or arguments with themselves. Scott McNeill is a good example. That is why I roll my eyes when people suggest replacing Christina Vee with someone else to voice Risky Boots.
I’m not saying Cristina couldn’t voice anyone else as well as Shantae in this series, I just think that if there was a case where this series gets full voice acting, it’d be a lot of work for Cristina to consistently voice the main hero AND villain especially considering 75% of the interactions in the series are between Shantae and Risky. Name me an animated series or video game franchise where the lead protagonist and antagonist is voiced by the same person over a long period of time. Plus I feel like the dynamic between Shantae and Risky would sound more real if Cristina had someone to bounce off of

I didn't know that only 8 colors exist...
I wasn’t sure if Splatoon used enough colors for 8 more palettes different enough from the ones they used in Smash, clearly it looks like I was wrong

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Let's keep voting for Shantae in that video. Let show the haters WE ARE MANY!!!!!!!!!

#ShantaeForSmash

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I’m not saying Cristina couldn’t voice anyone else as well as Shantae in this series, I just think that if there was a case where this series gets full voice acting, it’d be a lot of work for Cristina to consistently voice the main hero AND villain especially considering 75% of the interactions in the series are between Shantae and Risky. Name me an animated series or video game franchise where the lead protagonist and antagonist is voiced by the same person over a long period of time. Plus I feel like the dynamic between Shantae and Risky would sound more real if Cristina had someone to bounce off of

I wasn’t sure if Splatoon used enough colors for 8 more palettes outside the ones they used in Smash, clearly it looks like I was wrong
off the top of my head... Tick and Morty bounce off of each other really well and they're the same person. I get your argument, but voice acting is still acting

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
Name me an animated series or video game franchise where the lead protagonist and antagonist is voiced by the same person over a long period of time.
Rick and Morty. I would argue Rick is more of an antagonist than a protagonist.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Rick and Morty. I would argue Rick is more of an antagonist than a protagonist.
Or a villain protagonist with definite antagonist roles. Because ultimately, he did stuff without pity and the one selfless thing about him is that he wants his daughter to be safe and to a lesser extent try to help his grandchildren. In his own unique way.
Go Shantae. Because it's a cheerleading server for her.

Do we still believe jake is still under an nda still?
It's more of a "do you" question than anything else and yes, I also believe Jake's under an NDA.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah that model is really amazing! I could easily see that fitting in Smash! Did you make this model?
No, I do not have the talent for it lol.

But that guy who did make it should get hired by WF for a 3D take on Shantae.

EDIT: Oh hey the Shadow Icon is back!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom