• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

Crackpot/tinfoil theory time

What if the tomodatchi remix was actual a sign of shantaes reveal because it said afternoon on the island and it would go to the other section and we all know what Island has to do with shantae do we?

Also galaga melody was the one of the other track bone week before simons reveal

So that means were getting a new franchise and shantae is likely to be that one

Great a tinfoil hat has appeared on my head

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know what, why the heck not? And while we’re at it, why not have Risky be an echo of her instead?

I did mention in a previous post that I think she could be DLC around or sometime after the game’s release, which is said to be Q2 2019
Yeah she'd have to be dlc. I think people should wait till 2019 and see how they feel about it then. But I like what I saw up to now.

Oh, ah yes, that was some good hentai you sent me there, very detailed...

Family friendly, huh?

Look above you. :p
Nothing much there. The thing is I dont think I should even mention what I was going to say. There's even an entire documentary about it.
That's all I'll say.. :p

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Crackpot/tinfoil theory time

What if the tomodatchi remix was actual a sign of shantaes reveal because it said afternoon on the island and it would go to the other section and we all know what Island has to do with shantae do we?

Also galaga melody was the one of the other track bone week before simons reveal

So that means were getting a new franchise and shantae is likely to be that one

Great a tinfoil hat has appeared on my head
:facepalm: Nah, not that one. That is way too tinfoilly.

Nothing much there. The thing is I dont think I should even mention what I was going to say. There's even an entire documentary about it.
That's all I'll say.. :p
It would be really funny though... :(

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Well now I'm curious but without any proper context, I'm afraid that said curiosity will kill the proverbial cat.

D

Deleted member

Just be debunked already I hate your choices and Steve

No offense geno your good

Also thanks Shadowknight1 Shadowknight1 for the aluminum:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
*hands @Connorb0t2 a package of aluminum foil* Here, this is better for your head than tin. :p
I would’ve posted Weird Al’s “Foil” video if I didn’t already use it a little while ago on another theory like it

Then again, this is the third time I used that dog picture on this thread so...

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I know I'm late on this but...

*see's Corrin talk*

yes female Corrin is cool and awesome

also pls dun hate Geno or Steve Craftwood =(
Female Corrin should've been the default, but that's me. ^_^

BTW, here's my pie-in-the-sky, absolutely no chance, never gonna happen, not even a Mii costume, pick. KOS-MOS. I love her design and her games and I think she'd be really cool, but Xenosaga can't even get an HD Remaster, so it's not gonna happen. I'm astonished she was put into XC2.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With all this tinfoil going around recently, we should get ourselves a foil ball. Like this one:
EDD8F6F1-1AA6-44E4-94AF-17542D487555.jpeg

Back to the actual topic, I am predicting Shantae to be one of the last newcomers revealed. Probably so we can hear how Shantae works in game and to maybe explain why she was chosen. Hopefully this lets people understand the reasoning behind her inclusion.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, the things you make us go through.

(meant to be funny, not a jab, if that wasn't obvious ;p)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nah, I won't be too long.

I'm actually never coming back! Bye!
“Grabs Isabelle’s Fishing Rod” oh-ho no you don’t! Get your zombie-loving kester back here buddy boy!
7A1D62F5-574A-4EB9-AC42-BDCFD5807EE2.jpeg

Hello, I'm totally not Dylly. I love Sky.

I'm new to the site. Long time lurker.
You should’ve temporarily changed your icon for the bit

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Does this mean we're calling you Birdy now instead of Dylly?
Nah, it was me the entire time. Bet you didn't notice.
“Grabs Isabelle’s Fishing Rod” oh-ho no you don’t! Get your zombie-loving kester back here buddy boy!
View attachment 168047
I couldn't find my way to the Isaac thread, so I went to the Nintenzone thread instead, and got free Nintendo Switch Online from a very lovely Canadian woman. I'm not joking.

Last edited:

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet

Just be debunked already I hate your choices and Steve

No offense geno your good

Also thanks Shadowknight1 Shadowknight1 for the aluminum:)
Hold up a sec. Ok lets just say hypothetically verg is a real leaker, Now if I'm not mistaken this is the first time he mentioned DLC.

Isn't that big news? Does this mean his sources have told him there is DLC? Or is he just speculating and this could be a slip-up.

Honestly if the guy was a real leaker don't you think he would have made a leak post about it to specify that DLC is a thing?

I'm smelling a rotton egg...

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Hello! Coming from the Geno support thread! Just here to say I think Shantae is a character a lot of people are really overlooking and sleeping on the fact she's honestly (imo) one of the most likely newcomers as of right now. Good luck to y'all's half-genie hero, and may our dreams come true! :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm off. play nice guys ;)
Have fun. Stay sexy.
don't create too many memes.

that's all my advice for now. let's keep the shantae train rolling :)
cya

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Hello! Coming from the Geno support thread! Just here to say I think Shantae is a character a lot of people are really overlooking and sleeping on the fact she's honestly (imo) one of the most likely newcomers as of right now. Good luck to y'all's half-genie hero, and may our dreams come true! :)
Thanks for the support friend, it's wild to me that someone else finds Shantae likely, we've built an entire fortress out of tinfoil over here.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Honestly, coming back to Octolings, I don't understand the argument "They won't make it in, because they're too new".
They have been in Splatoon since the beginning, as one of the stronger enemies in the game.
And since they became so popular and fans wanted them playable, Nintendo eventually delivered with redesigned Octolings in Octo Expansion.

When people say "Octolings for Smash" it doesn't have to be the Octo Expansion Octolings from Splatoon 2.
They could very well be the original Octolings from the first Splatoon.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, coming back to Octolings, I don't understand the argument "They won't make it in, because they're too new".
They have been in Splatoon since the beginning, as one of the stronger enemies in the game.
And since they became so popular and fans wanted them playable, Nintendo eventually delivered with redesigned Octolings in Octo Expansion.

When people say "Octolings for Smash" it doesn't have to be the Octo Expansion Octolings from Splatoon 2.
They could very well be the original Octolings from the first Splatoon.
The funny thing is that I think Octolings would make amazing Echo Fighters and I fully support it, but where I'm having issues is imagining eight colors 100% distinctive from the eight we already have so that playing mixed games of Inklings and Octolings don't become a mess of "Who's color belongs to what?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom